Why third server is always so useless?

Junkpile.7439

I wouldn't say that it is always an issue, there are plenty of matchups that are better than that.

However, you should consider that any given matchup includes 3 servers and regardless of tier it's not that uncommon to see one server that has inflated itself through PPT and actually don't or can't match up to the prime content of the tier it finds itself in. It's a combination of identity, coverage, momentum, evasion and the variety in the matchups themselves.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Because of the way the up/down system works. You aren't playing with three servers on equal footing, you're playing with a winner, a runner-up and a loser, because performance in the previous match is what determines positioning.

The winner becomes the weaker in a higher tier, the loser becomes the stronger in a lower tier.

Which is an excellent matching system.

Except for the fact that there is no restriction to server hopping.

That alone destroys whatever excellent matchmaking was put in place, and is the main cause of all the problems in WvW.So at lower tiers like T3, it's not about "Winner, Runner up, or Loser"

It's more like "Winner which was pushed down because reasons, Runner up which just isn't strong enough to match the Winner's forces, and the best Loser which crawled out of T4 Hell just to get their hands stepped on and they fall back down."

It is because after relinking it takes 1 month for servers to settle. And after that 1 month there are some stacked linkings that win every skirmish.

Also most servers run on power of 1 or 2 commanders that have frequent breaks because meta is boring superspeed stuff instead of brainstuff and it is absolutely impossible to be hatefueled towards any server with everyone transferring around like eating candy.

Not to even mention there are only few servers that want to be tier 1 and tier 2 because the megastacking around there, so servers prefer to tank/get 2nd in tier 2 and tier 3.

Servers tanking their way down 3 tiers and do literally nothing for weeks. People don’t really care for the score and when they have a bad server start anyways they just stay away for this week. Bad Linkings make people stay away for month. Server hopping like there is no tomorrow. The list does on and on

@phreeak.1023 said:EU T1 in a nutshell.It's funny because this week I have had no less than two rage whispers from people complaining we have the audacity to use objectives and terrain to successfully kill them and especially when we happen to be more as we randomly meet them in the field.

For some reason, both whispers come from Piken too. Not even when we roflstomped T3-4 servers did I get whispers like that but in T1 people apparently cant stand... normal WvW.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@phreeak.1023 said:EU T1 in a nutshell.It's funny because this week I have had no less than two rage whispers from people complaining we have the
audacity
to use objectives and terrain to successfully kill them and especially when we happen to be more as we randomly meet them in the field.

For some reason, both whispers come from Piken too. Not even when we roflstomped T3-4 servers did I get whispers like that but in T1 people apparently cant stand... normal WvW.

That.... isn’t exclusive to EU either lol. I won’t mention server names, (as I am shocked this hasn’t been closed due to matchup lol) but I think people figure servers should play differently in T1. ?