[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Not sure if anyone raised this.

I'd really appreciate if you can split some setting options, like "show all ally/enemy names", split it into wvw and open world. Having this option ticked helps a ton in wvw, but would spoil all these sceneries in open world, and I'm a bit lazy to change the settings every time I get in and out of wvw. Or create an option to always show a team colour tag above all allies/visible enemies; even if it's useful, sometimes having all the names shown is just messy.

Thank you.

This is something I've never seen anyone talk about before, but it's really important to me.

As a gender non-conforming person, I would really love to be able to choose which gender of voice I use on my character.

I really like the femme appearance options and outfits on my asura, but reallllly wish I could use the male voice. Again, probably something most people wouldn't care about but it would mean the world to me.

A house... or hut.Having your own dwelling at your home site, possible to upgrade and get the furnishing of your choice. Some trophies and books gathered in PvE could be stored here, in your own Library or Trophy room.I imagine you could get your own Instance you can enter, when you have unlocked the Home. Still thinking if it should be possible to invite a friend over?

Heyo, it is my humble hope for Anet to add something akin to a Transmutation Pass, i.e. an item that, once purchased, unlocks unlimited transmuting on a character for a certain time. Juggling transmutation charges is my singular source of anxiety and stress in this game - I just want to be able to wardrobe freely, match with my friends for dungeons or whatever strikes my fancy that moment. Fashion is one of the most fun things for me and it being so limited in Guild Wars, which is a visually awesome game, just makes me sad. I'd honestly rather pay for a gemstore pass than manage transmutation charges in their current state. I know they can be farmed, but it's tedious and I'd rather spend that time actually playing the game. Every other big MMO lets you fashion to your heart's content, so why not Guild Wars?

At my active time in GW2 something like that would have been a dream. This would actually be something I would have spent 30€+ on as I loved to reshape my characters over and over again and adapt them to events and areas. I mean what am I farming all these skins for, including really expensive ones, if I only end up using one set?My complaints about this were always dismissed with the fact that I should just play PVP or WVW and that person XY does not care because they have a fixed outfit for each char (by the way, those people I wish no one, who only think of their personal needs). And I'm also not a fan of clothing sets, because I always found the individuality great in GW2.

From there, thick thumbs up.Even if I would no longer invest money there. But I would be happy for those who still actively play and grind skins.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I don't know if you know, but there are people who don't like WVW and/or PVP.And in PVE itself, there is no way to grind them besides map reveal, if you wanted to.

Ahh. That stinks.

Oh.. I am sure you know there Are people that don’t like PvE. And no way to get the gift of exploration without grinding PvE.

Kinda how the developers likely did things. To encourage people to play multiple modes.

Of course, if you hate WvW so much, just convert gold to gems!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Play WvW. I have over 4300 charges.

There are effective ways to get the charges.

Without gold or gems.

Same. Almost 4,000 charges here. :)

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I don't know if you know, but there are people who don't like WVW and/or PVP.

That's true. But it's probably one of the things meant to attract people to try out those game modes.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Take away what is probably one of the greatest methods of income for Anet by doing this? What is in it for Anet? How could they possibly benefit if they accepted this proposal?

They can be farmed and bought with statuettes, I doubt a whole lot of people buy them from the shop. I know I don't and I always need more.

As the first poster predicted, thread got charged by "play wvw/pvp" folks. I don't want to do pvp just so I can do fashion. It's not like you have to step out of wvw/pvp and do content you don't like to get dungeon skins/warclaw/blueprints.

@Wisely.4819 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Take away what is probably one of the greatest methods of income for Anet by doing this? What is in it for Anet? How could they possibly benefit if they accepted this proposal?

They can be farmed and bought with statuettes, I doubt a whole lot of people buy them from the shop. I know I don't and I always need more.

As the first poster predicted, thread got charged by "play wvw/pvp" folks. I don't want to do pvp just so I can do fashion. It's not like you have to step out of wvw/pvp and do content you don't like to get dungeon skins/warclaw/blueprints.

Umm yes we do. We need to do PvE map completion for Gift of Exploration, we need to do HoT and PoF for Gifts of mastery. You need to do metas and fractals for most of legendary weapons - and yes, those are also fashion skins.

And even if this discussion isn't about how easy it is to get transmutation charges in WvW or PvP, what possible incentive would there be for Anet to stop a steady smaller infinite income with charges over a larger finite income with expensive but permanent transmutaton passes?

Because once you get that, you never need another transmutation charge again.That's money lost for Anet.

And what about in game ones that are given to you? Will players then complain that they're given rewards that they "already have with the pass" when they get a free transmutation charge?

I mean, think about it really. It's not going to happen.

There's ways Anet gave you to get those for free. And a LOT of them. The fact that you don't "like that content" is entirely on you and you alone ("you" here being general, not directed at anyone in particular). You have options to farm them. The fact you chose not to is not Anets fault and you're not entitled to something just because you don't want to play a mode.

Imagine if transmutation charges are gem store only. Anet was kind enough to give us ways to get them through playing.

I change my look like once a week and i never managed to be short on transmutation charges.

I don't see how this item would be obsolete when people who don't change that often would still buy them in smaller packets/farm them. Like I'm not asking them to introduce a transmutation pass that makes transmuting free forever that costs half the price of the 5 transmutations packet, lol. Not everybody however needs a 1000 gems transmutation pass that lasts a month for example. Like, I'm asking for a convenience thing here, same as infinite gathering tools/copper salvager/lounge passes. They already did this before by introducing the permanent hairstylist contract.I don't want to farm cosmetic stuff, and I certainly don't want to stress over it. I'd rather spend money to skip the tedium and focus on the fun parts of the game. I think that's a pretty basic concept in every online game these days.

@"Wisely.4819" said:As the first poster predicted, thread got charged by "play wvw/pvp" folks. I don't want to do pvp just so I can do fashion. It's not like you have to step out of wvw/pvp and do content you don't like to get dungeon skins/warclaw/blueprints.How does someone that doesnt step out of competitive earn the Runic, Mist Shard or Requiem armor sets?I don't want to farm cosmetic stuff, and I certainly don't want to stress over it. I'd rather spend money to skip the tedium and focus on the fun parts of the game. I think that's a pretty basic concept in every online game these days.While you may ok with the visual progression in MMOs being sold as microtransactions, many people are not.Calling it a "basic concept" (as if people who don't feel as you do are somehow deficient) is pretty uncool.

@"Wisely.4819" said:I don't see how this item would be obsolete when people who don't change that often would still buy them in smaller packets/farm them. Like I'm not asking them to introduce a transmutation pass that makes transmuting free forever that costs half the price of the 5 transmutations packet, lol. Not everybody however needs a 1000 gems transmutation pass that lasts a month for example. Like, I'm asking for a convenience thing here, same as infinite gathering tools/copper salvager/lounge passes. They already did this before by introducing the permanent hairstylist contract.I don't want to farm cosmetic stuff, and I certainly don't want to stress over it. I'd rather spend money to skip the tedium and focus on the fun parts of the game. I think that's a pretty basic concept in every online game these days.

Look, people in this thread are just telling you what you can do now to get charges. You chose to ignore that because you don't want to play that content and that's ok, but even though you just made a suggestion, you still fail to realize that you just might need to do that because it might never happen.So people gave you a valid option to get transmutation charges, it's up to you to take it or not. Because if you're going to wait for what you want, it's going to take a lot of time.

Your argument that they sell permanent gathering tools doesn't apply here. They don't sell packs of 50 gathering tools on the gem store, so permanent ones are just an upgrade from in game items. They do sell transmutation charges on the gem store however, so permanent, or even passes would always be a net loss since it's impossible to predict how many times someone would be able to change their appeareance throughout the month, and how many transmutation charges they could have potentially sold had someone just outright bought them. So it's always a loss. And people who would buy the pass, but not the charges, wouldn't have bought the charges in the first place so they are irrelevant in that calculation, and people who do buy charges, would get the pass - and probably use it more than the charges they would have normally have to buy so, net loss. Moreover, with a "pass" - transmutation charges become irrelevant because it's ALWAYS cheaper and more convenient to buy a passs, then try out a few thousand combinations til it expires compared to buying individual charges. And since they're not going to remove the charges, they certainly won't add a pass.So in the end, what it boils down to is - you said you just want to throw money on cosmetics, but won't buy them from the TP - means you are actually asking for lowe price on transmutation charges. Because that's what a "contract" is. Just a lower price for it.

Also, you don't want to farm stuf, you just want to throw money on it? Well you can, gem store is full of cosmetic items, buy some. Outfits don't even require transmutation charges anyway. So what, by that logic of "i don't want to farm stuff" Anet should just sell all armor on the gem store outright? If you want to get skins, you need to get them in game - want envoy armor, you raid - want mistforged triumphant hero's, you play WvW - want karma skins, you farm karma and buy them - want unique ones, you farm gold and buy them or hope for a drop.

I don't get your logic here except - i don't want to pay this much for transmutation charges.Because you already have the option to throw money on cosmetic stuff and skip the tedium, but you're not taking it. You're not throwing money on cosmetic stuff - it's threre, transmutation charges are there for the taking in the gem store - but you're not even taking the free path everyone else suggested.

So what do you want then?My guess is - you want them for cheap. They're too expensive for you to get, and you want a cheap way to change skins without really throwing money on it like you said.But there is a cheap - indeed free - way to get them, but you don't want that either...

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Without gold or gems.

?

just cuz u like wvw does not mean anyone else like that gamemode. i think is fair suggestion for a transmution pass eveytime i want to change my skins i dont want to do wvw for a haour first.

Then sell me a Gift Of Exploration pass I can get for badges of honor. Then we can talk.

But again, I never said you HAD to do WvW. I said it’s an option to get the items for free.

And there are options to buy them from the gem store as well.

Plus, you get them free each month from just logging in.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Without gold or gems.

?

just cuz u like wvw does not mean anyone else like that gamemode. i think is fair suggestion for a transmution pass eveytime i want to change my skins i dont want to do wvw for a haour first.

Then sell me a Gift Of Exploration pass I can get for badges of honor. Then we can talk.

But again, I never said you HAD to do WvW. I said it’s an option to get the items for free.

And than u can play u dead game mode All by u self :)

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Without gold or gems.

?

Ahh. the call of the ill-informed: Ded gam. Was waiting for that.

Thank you for not disappointing!

And good luck getting more charges! ??

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Without gold or gems.

?

Ahh. the call of the ill-informed: Ded gam. Was waiting for that.

Thank you for not disappointing!

And good luck getting more charges! ??

Ded gaem first, "why i need WvW for my Gift of Battle it's not fair" next, am i right? :wink:

In all seriousness...There's a way to get charges for free.There's a way to get charges for money.

The bottom line in this thread is that everyone wants them for cheap. Nothing else.

Because if they would be "ok with throwing money to pass the tedium", there's already an option for that. You just buy them from the Gem store.

I don’t think comparing transmute charges in WvW or PvP is the same as comparing Gifts in PvE.

Transmute charges are available through grinding PvE the same as grinding competitive modes, it just happens to be more efficient in competitive modes. Gift of Battle vs Gift of exploration is a fair comparison, as they both relate to similar pursuits. But then Gift if Battle tends to be more efficient to work toward than Gift of Exploration as well. Maybe the competitive scene have it easier in gaining some things when compared to PvE? Although you do have to PvP and who really wants to do that!?!?

That said, I have no issue with the proposal for an alternate way for players to access transmutes. I personally will never buy a transmute charge, but I would buy an unlimited transmute charge. Anet has an opportunity to make money from people who will value a reusable purchase over rebuying a single use item again and again.