Trapper Rune needs to go ASAP

mrauls.6519

Eh, DH is annoying, but I've fought worse. I honestly prefer fighting condi trapper DH over power DH because its burst is pitiful if you force them to pull. You can generally kite it and win.

I don't even think this new trend is a L2P issue. It's a matter of staying calm and not letting your amygdala take over your decision making process.

I agree and disagree with you - I think Guardians have been heavily punished by ArenaNets random nerfs in terms of our support (mostly heal & condition removal) and power damage capabilities (all our symbols meaning ALL our main hand damage and single target damage) - so Guardians are FORCED to play this degenerate build to counter the insane sustain Spellbreaker offers in a teamfight at the moment and to counter other Dragonhunters, because they mostly have bad condition removal. I agree with you that the Trapper rune has to go (as a Guardian main since release), but only if we get better power damage back as well as mobility to land our direct hits in return or the next thing you will see are full tank decap Guardians. I, and many other Guardians are annoyed to be forced to play this braindead build where your only job is basically to Kamikaze yourself while taking down as many people as you can. Last meta where Guardians had actual good symbols was far less oppressive, since Symbol Core Guardian never could drop 5k damage per tick and simply disappear right after. The whole Symbol nerf was a catastrophe for Guardian gameplay as well as for the whole meta by seeing how entire teams drop now while trying to capture canon in „Revenge of the Capricorn“ or clocktower in Khylo. This was NEVER possible when Symbols where still a thing - a spellbreaker could literally sit on point while you and your Symbols PLUS one other person fought for 2 minutes at mid and nothing happened. The balance patch was one big kitten up on ArenaNets side. If DH/Trapper Runes go without Guardians getting some form of damage buff, we will have not a single viable build left in PvP

@snoow.1694 said:I agree and disagree with you - I think Guardians have been heavily punished by ArenaNets random nerfs in terms of our support (mostly heal & condition removal) and power damage capabilities (all our symbols meaning ALL our main hand damage and single target damage) - so Guardians are FORCED to play this degenerate build to counter the insane sustain Spellbreaker offers in a teamfight at the moment and to counter other Dragonhunters, because they mostly have bad condition removal. I agree with you that the Trapper rune has to go (as a Guardian main since release), but only if we get better power damage back as well as mobility to land our direct hits in return or the next thing you will see are full tank decap Guardians. I, and many other Guardians are annoyed to be forced to play this braindead build where your only job is basically to Kamikaze yourself while taking down as many people as you can. Last meta where Guardians had actual good symbols was far less oppressive, since Symbol Core Guardian never could drop 5k damage per tick and simply disappear right after. The whole Symbol nerf was a catastrophe for Guardian gameplay as well as for the whole meta by seeing how entire teams drop now while trying to capture canon in „Revenge of the Capricorn“ or clocktower in Khylo. This was NEVER possible when Symbols where still a thing - a spellbreaker could literally sit on point while you and your Symbols PLUS one other person fought for 2 minutes at mid and nothing happened. The balance patch was one big kitten up on ArenaNets side. If DH/Trapper Runes go without Guardians getting some form of damage buff, we will have not a single viable build left in PvP

core guard seems to do quite well in power dmg, meme burn, and support.

DH isn't competitive without Trapper. Power has one trap that does good damage, the rest have had their boons and condis nerfed to the point of near useless while their damage has never been good. Condi is a meme glass cannon build and is almost strictly worse than core. Removing trapper removes DH.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@snoow.1694 said:I agree and disagree with you - I think Guardians have been heavily punished by ArenaNets random nerfs in terms of our support (mostly heal & condition removal) and power damage capabilities (all our symbols meaning ALL our main hand damage and single target damage) - so Guardians are
FORCED
to play this degenerate build to counter the insane sustain Spellbreaker offers in a teamfight at the moment and to counter other Dragonhunters, because they mostly have bad condition removal.
I agree with you that the Trapper rune has to go (as a Guardian main since release), but only if we get better power damage back as well as mobility to land our direct hits in return or the next thing you will see are full tank decap Guardians
. I, and many other Guardians are annoyed to be forced to play this braindead build where your only job is basically to Kamikaze yourself while taking down as many people as you can. Last meta where Guardians had actual good symbols was far less oppressive, since Symbol Core Guardian never could drop 5k damage per tick and simply disappear right after. The whole Symbol nerf was a catastrophe for Guardian gameplay as well as for the whole meta by seeing how entire teams drop now while trying to capture canon in „Revenge of the Capricorn“ or clocktower in Khylo. This was NEVER possible when Symbols where still a thing - a spellbreaker could literally sit on point while you and your Symbols PLUS one other person fought for 2 minutes at mid and nothing happened. The balance patch was one big kitten up on ArenaNets side. If DH/Trapper Runes go without Guardians getting some form of damage buff, we will have not a single viable build left in PvP

Core guard is the best spec we got tat the moment but is mediocre comprare to others, support is decent but there are beter choices example, spellbreaker is better, ele is better. Because there are 2 far superior choices guard going to be irrelevant at suport.Power core guard has the surv on par with mes if not a little better while not having the burst potential of mes, same with every other class at the moment.As of condi guard has more burst than all but lacks condi re application is just a one trick ponny. ( condi in general needs a sighly nerf)

Like the other guy said for guardian to be relevant again its going to need small buff all across the board if they are going to nerf burn( knowing anet they would do that instead of going for a icd on trapper runes).

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@snoow.1694 said:I agree and disagree with you - I think Guardians have been heavily punished by ArenaNets random nerfs in terms of our support (mostly heal & condition removal) and power damage capabilities (all our symbols meaning ALL our main hand damage and single target damage) - so Guardians are
FORCED
to play this degenerate build to counter the insane sustain Spellbreaker offers in a teamfight at the moment and to counter other Dragonhunters, because they mostly have bad condition removal.
I agree with you that the Trapper rune has to go (as a Guardian main since release), but only if we get better power damage back as well as mobility to land our direct hits in return or the next thing you will see are full tank decap Guardians
. I, and many other Guardians are annoyed to be forced to play this braindead build where your only job is basically to Kamikaze yourself while taking down as many people as you can. Last meta where Guardians had actual good symbols was far less oppressive, since Symbol Core Guardian never could drop 5k damage per tick and simply disappear right after. The whole Symbol nerf was a catastrophe for Guardian gameplay as well as for the whole meta by seeing how entire teams drop now while trying to capture canon in „Revenge of the Capricorn“ or clocktower in Khylo. This was NEVER possible when Symbols where still a thing - a spellbreaker could literally sit on point while you and your Symbols PLUS one other person fought for 2 minutes at mid and nothing happened. The balance patch was one big kitten up on ArenaNets side. If DH/Trapper Runes go without Guardians getting some form of damage buff, we will have not a single viable build left in PvP

Core guard is the best spec we got tat the moment but is mediocre comprare to others, support is decent but there are beter choices example, spellbreaker is better, ele is better. Because there are 2 far superior choices guard going to be irrelevant at suport.Power core guard has the surv on par with mes if not a little better while not having the burst potential of mes, same with every other class at the moment.As of condi guard has more burst than all but lacks condi re application is just a one trick ponny. ( condi in general needs a sighly nerf)

Like the other guy said for guardian to be relevant again its going to need small buff all across the board if they are going to nerf burn( knowing anet they would do that instead of going for a icd on trapper runes).

Core guard support seems at least on par with tempest and healbreaker, espeically the latter two have been balanced, but not the core. Maybe the next monthly we will see more core guard suports,