Future Expansion

BerriosC.7295

@"Alek Seven.2374" said:

. Perhaps we even find a clue where the weapon, Vlast was speaking of, can be found. And that could be, where we are heading in the next Expac.Sorry to make you sad but the Weapon he was talking about was the Dragonblood Spear, which was destroyed by the PC to prevent Balth getting it.That's what the Commander thought, but honestly...

Vlast: To hold the weapon is to hold the fate of Tyria in your hands—the power to change the shape of the world.Vlast: Potent enough to fell the Elder Dragons. Its might should not be taken lightly.

Vlast: It was created so mortals could do the work of dragons, of our line.Vlast: To combat cataclysmic power and prevent the destruction of all life.

Vlast: He seeks it for the wrong purpose. We're not ready.

Where does any of that matches the description of the spear? Besides, we know Balthazar wasn't after the spear, but after Vlast.

The spear does not hold the fate of Tyria in their hands. The spear may be able to fell a Elder Dragon, but it cannot fell multiple Elder Dragons like this weapon can. And it does not allow mortals to do "the work of dragons" let alone give them the power to combat cataclysmic power and "prevent the destruction of all life". Furthermore, if Vlast says mortals are not yet ready for the weapon and the weapon is the spear why did Glint give the spear to Destiny's Edge? Vlast never questioned his mother, so Vlast wouldn't think mortals not yet ready for the spear if Glint apparently thought they were.

And the same applies to anything we currently know about Glint's legacy (which itself isn't an obtainable object but a plan, an abstract thing).

All this implies that "the weapon" is something that can allow a non-dragon to perform the same duties and have the same strength as an Elder Dragon. And the Dragonsblood Spear is not that.

Vlast thought Balthazar was after him because he wanted the weapon. But Balthazar just wanted Vlast himself for the sake of powering the Warbeast.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:All this implies that "the weapon" is something that can allow a non-dragon to perform the same duties and have the same strength as an Elder Dragon. And the Dragonsblood Spear is not that.Probably whatever magical mcguffin we will use to transfer KRalkatorik's power to Aurene, and possibly do the same, or similar, for future dragons, and whatever being we use to replace them(since I doubt Aurene can hold the power of all 6 Elder Dragons at once.

• 1 month later...

Maybe one of u can Light this up for me

The sequence showing us the World destruction by outplaying jormag and primordus. Did it really Show us that the death of another dragon will cause it ? All i have Seen in it was that the destruction would Come from 2 opposing Kinds of dragon magic lead against each other

So if we use them against each other the contradiction of powers would cause the instabilisation and end in cataclysm

Yes the dialogues of the LS let us believe it's the death of a dragon but it still did not fit what I remember from that scene

@norbes.3620 said:Maybe one of u can Light this up for me

The sequence showing us the World destruction by outplaying jormag and primordus. Did it really Show us that the death of another dragon will cause it ? All i have Seen in it was that the destruction would Come from 2 opposing Kinds of dragon magic lead against each other

So if we use them against each other the contradiction of powers would cause the instabilisation and end in cataclysm

Yes the dialogues of the LS let us believe it's the death of a dragon but it still did not fit what I remember from that scene

Yeah the world blows up essentially from what the sequence shows. Also One Path Ends finale shows a vision from the Eye of Janthir of Balthazar killing Kralkatorrik and the world beginning to erupt. Killing two dragons would probably end the world immediately.

@Ardid.7203 said:Why so many people like Largos is beyond my understanding. They are just pale human with black breathers, SM clothes and an oversized gemstore backpack, who try to pass as mysterious and menacing by actually don't saying anything and being always alone or hidden.

How would you customize a Largos? How would you put a normal backpack on them?Would they have an actual face now, or will always have those masks on them? If that's the case, how would you adapt the rest of the face-gear to them?If you customize a Largos the same way as a human, what would be the difference, if any?How would you justify a Largos being socially active and on the open? Would they dance, sing and use all the stupid magic-boxes? How could them continue to be mysterious if they began to delve in silly Rata Sum parties? Would they still be interesting with violet hair, pink clothes and the dreamer?

IMO Largos are only interesting for what we DON'T know of them, and the moment you remove their uninspired aqua-drow surface there will be nothing underneath.

People like boring races, that's...basically it. The devs could lavish us with tengu, kodan, and all hosts of races unique to the setting, and people would still want the most humanoid races they could find.

I can't see the largos being added. The devs stated that tengu were a cut 6th playable race, and that kodan were the most likely expansion race (this was wayyy back in the PCGamer EotN/GW2 interview, so take it with a grain of salt). Tengu were cut, and kodan haven't been added. Largos were, at BEST, third on their list, and the first two haven't made it.

@"PanBelacqua.9058" said:I can't see the largos being added. The devs stated that tengu were a cut 6th playable race, and that kodan were the most likely expansion race (this was wayyy back in the PCGamer EotN/GW2 interview, so take it with a grain of salt). Tengu were cut, and kodan haven't been added. Largos were, at BEST, third on their list, and the first two haven't made it.

Well, on the plus side, creating armor would be easy since they're just reskinned humans. I guess they could also switch the aquabreather logic for them (so they use breathers out of the water, and normal helms inside it). Their "wings" could just be a back item that exists if no other back item is shown.

@norbes.3620 said:Maybe one of u can Light this up for me

The simulation shows what would happen if Jormag and Primordus' energies - their supposed unique weaknesses - are used to kill each other. Taimi states in later dialogue, after off-screen findings, that any one Elder Dragon's death will cause the end of Tyria, perhaps not immediately, but inevitably. In Kesho, this is more or less reaffirmed.

Taimi even suggests that Kralkatorrik becoming stronger puts more strain on The All's balance, suggesting that not only one more death, but one Elder Dragon becoming ultimately powerful compared to the other three (and maybe five) will send the world to destruction.

• 1 month later...

Well, they seem to want to add something major that changes the experience with every expansion. Makes sense, you want something to pull people in, both new players and those who have left but might be tempted back by something new and exciting. Surely just a new set of specializations isn't enough, but they can't keep adding movement abilities forever. If you're doing an undersea expansion, you could have masteries/mounts around that, but what other major features are left? (Player housing?) I doubt they'd want to add another class at this point, it would break up their perfect square of classes with three of each armor class. However, a new race would be doable. Working them into the story might be a bit of a stretch, but it could be either retconned ("Of course Izu Steelshrike, your tengu mentor, is great personal friends with everyone in Destiny's edge, didn't we tell you?") or just ignored that there's no reason for random PC Tengu/Kodan/etc to show up at Caudecus's Manor and immediately be allowed in to help out in story mode.

@"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:Well, they seem to want to add something major that changes the experience with every expansion. Makes sense, you want something to pull people in, both new players and those who have left but might be tempted back by something new and exciting. Surely just a new set of specializations isn't enough, but they can't keep adding movement abilities forever. If you're doing an undersea expansion, you could have masteries/mounts around that, but what other major features are left? (Player housing?) I doubt they'd want to add another class at this point, it would break up their perfect square of classes with three of each armor class. However, a new race would be doable. Working them into the story might be a bit of a stretch, but it could be either retconned ("Of course Izu Steelshrike, your tengu mentor, is great personal friends with everyone in Destiny's edge, didn't we tell you?") or just ignored that there's no reason for random PC Tengu/Kodan/etc to show up at Caudecus's Manor and immediately be allowed in to help out in story mode.

Yeah, the model, of new elite spec+moviment stuff is exhausted.Maybe it is time to startint thiking on a new gear cap.

Even new race or housing does not have that much appeal. First of all, races at current state is merely aesthetic, and those races that already exists, have not yet been in-depth developed in game, or have very difficult stuff with gear models like clipping problems.

If they do underwater, they could stretch movement out for one more expansion., but where would we go from there? Full flight? Vehicles?

I think there is some potential in housing. Allow you to decorate, put your collected armor and weapons on display, resource/gold sink to upgrade your house. Maybe work it in with a home instance update. You'd have to really go all-out in interesting features to make it worthwhile, but it could be done. Not exactly sure how you'd incorporate it with an expansion (Interior decorator masteries?), but it would be a selling point and close the feature gap between GW2 and other MMOs.

@BerriosC.7295 said:

Okay, so It's been a couple years since I played HoT, my timeline was a little off. Regardless, I don't see anyone else here coming up with ideas.

Just because no one else has ideas doesn't mean your ideas are good.They're gonna bring in a new race, one that can't do the story of the other campaigns at all?And just doing 'Heart of Thorns 2: We're underwater this time' sounds... less inspired. I'd rather they do another knockoff of a a GW1 plot. Nightfall 2 Electric Boogaloo was actually pretty alright

@"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:Well, they seem to want to add something major that changes the experience with every expansion. Makes sense, you want something to pull people in, both new players and those who have left but might be tempted back by something new and exciting. Surely just a new set of specializations isn't enough, but they can't keep adding movement abilities forever. If you're doing an undersea expansion, you could have masteries/mounts around that, but what other major features are left? (Player housing?) I doubt they'd want to add another class at this point, it would break up their perfect square of classes with three of each armor class. However, a new race would be doable. Working them into the story might be a bit of a stretch, but it could be either retconned ("Of course Izu Steelshrike, your tengu mentor, is great personal friends with everyone in Destiny's edge, didn't we tell you?") or just ignored that there's no reason for random PC Tengu/Kodan/etc to show up at Caudecus's Manor and immediately be allowed in to help out in story mode.

I’d still really love another profession, something called like Legacy or something that could be a Dervish/Paragon/Ritualist/Shaman based on elite spec. But a lot of their abilities have already been added in to existing classes and the dervish I would want to play is probably a bit more akin to Amala op fire raining from the sky than what I’ve experienced in guild wars 1. I could easily see them fitting each of these into existing elite specs but find it unlikely given we just went to Elona where most of them were more prevelant.

As far as game changing systems, I’m not sure they would do a secondary profession system in guild wars 2 due to the balancing overload that would ensue, but I could see them doing spell and ability augmentation and customization. Perhaps giving different abilities different functionality or effects. But you have the balancing issue again.

I’m always a sucker for housing though, and given how creative and innovative they have been with mounts, I would love to see how they would reimagine player housing.

Only concern is that they would abandon it like they have guild halls, and as far as a gameplay feature outside of having a hero system similar to guild wars 1 or Skyrim in which your heroes live in your player housing I’m not sure how much they could do to attract a large enough audience to warrant that much development or sustained interest. But I think there is probably more interest than expressed. He hero system would be a bit hard to implement in the way guild wars 2 is designed though unless they had some special campaign mode that’s phased or in different instances of the open world maps.

Another feature that I think would incorporate housing and movement would be a buildable and customizable player house in the form of a ship. It would probably be a nightmare to program but if they had dedicated maps with a more strict amount of players allowed on them they could even have the ships visitable in open world by other players. Something like this could also give reason to implement fishing, an underwater mount, and even racial themed ships/boats. Perhaps the waypoint/death system could tether itself to your ship or your ship to a specific port. And the customization adjustments could be localized to a home instance style port. Just imagine drifting through some really foggy area in the open seas and stumbling upon another players ship anchored. They’re fishing or fighting some random corsairs or sea creatures that are trying to invade and you decide to help and check out their sea crib! Would potentially even give scribing a reason to be overhauled and decorations potentially able to be sold on the trading post to recuperate the insane cost of leveling the profession.

There is a lot they could do that would be game changing and revistalize certain aspects.

And as far as adding a race goes, if we didn’t do deep seas or Cantha and instead went to the eastern unexplored lands they could even add a race we have never seen before, and give it a brand new personal story that deals with the conflict on their land unknown to us in the West. But then you would probably get people pretty upset that wanted Largos, Tengu, Kodan, Quaggan or whatever.

You also have to consider the gem store aspect of the next biggest feature. And when you take that into consideration, what would sell?

A new race would just increase sales of existing cosmetic items but probably not by that much.

A hero system could mean unique heroes being sold on the gemstore, but would have to be purely cosmetic.

Player housing/ship feature would be the most likely as it would be 1. Purely cosmetic. 2. A lot of already existing assets that could be part of the reason we never get any guild decorations added. 3. Functionality items added similar to the home instance in which you could add material nodes, mount stables to show off skins, mini minagerie to show off minis, armor mannekins to show off specific looks and possibly even copy that look to your character as sort of a transmutation save feature. Garden plots that already exist. The amount of things they could add to this sort of feature I think people just don’t take into account. Lol

• 2 years later...

@"Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615" said:

Okay, so It's been a couple years since I played HoT, my timeline was a little off. Regardless, I don't see anyone else here coming up with ideas.

Just because no one else has ideas doesn't mean your ideas are good.They're gonna bring in a new race, one that can't do the story of the other campaigns at all?And just doing 'Heart of Thorns 2: We're underwater this time' sounds... less inspired. I'd rather they do another knockoff of a a GW1 plot. Nightfall 2 Electric Boogaloo was actually pretty alright

It wouldn't be the first time ANet has done that. Both Factions and Nightfall had you play new characters that couldn't replay the previous story. And it worked. There's no reason they can't do it again.

this is alsom the lore forum, old lore is just as relevant as new lore, cant really necro in a lore forum as it can always be relevant (sidenote i still hope the maps of EOD are a mix, shing jae can be like queensdale, flat with some caves and hills, shing jae bing vertical maze, jade sea being flat like elon riverlands, and echovald having a canopy level also