Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

System Specsi9 - 10900KFNVidia RTX 3090128GB (3000MHZ) RAMM.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus (x2 Raid0)

In some places I run at 100+ fps (read, looking at a wall, home instance, etc). In towns, (even with character models on low) I drop into the low teens. Also some explorable areas this happens with no one else around. I can run Cyberpunk 2077 with Ray Tracing and all settings max, at 4k and still manage a solid 60 fps.. but this game brings my rig to its knees? What gives?

@"Sondergaard.8469" said:System Specsi9 - 10900KFNVidia RTX 3090128GB (3000MHZ) RAMM.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus (x2 Raid0)

In some places I run at 100+ fps (read, looking at a wall, home instance, etc). In towns, (even with character models on low) I drop into the low teens. Also some explorable areas this happens with no one else around. I can run Cyberpunk 2077 with Ray Tracing and all settings max, at 4k and still manage a solid 60 fps.. but this game brings my rig to its knees? What gives?

I'd highly recommend running the game in DX12 with your rig. Here is the guide herehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10

Also with 128gb of ram I'd be running the game from a ram drive ??

1st : Their is many lag problem due to some map, that not in your side (pof and after mainly, not always and not for all, can varie).For other, it doesn't matter how good your conf' is if you don't optimize it. Don't underestimate how a mmo, especialy old one not optimized for the tech we got now.Here is a channel I use to optimize my PC, it's simple to follow even if you don't know anything and it work very well (I've earn +40fps in some place and all my pc is way more fast).=>

Don't stop at this video, look at his other and do all you can, you won't regret it :)

@Mack.3045 said:

@"Sondergaard.8469" said:System Specsi9 - 10900KFNVidia RTX 3090128GB (3000MHZ) RAMM.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus (x2 Raid0)

I'd highly recommend running the game in DX12 with your rig. Here is the guide here

Also with 128gb of ram I'd be running the game from a ram drive ??

This was all super helpful! Thank you! That fixed the issue big time! Now looking at 200~ fps in 4k.

@"Orack.9756" said:1st : Their is many lag problem due to some map, that not in your side (pof and after mainly, not always and not for all, can varie).For other, it doesn't matter how good your conf' is if you don't optimize it. Don't underestimate how a mmo, especialy old one not optimized for the tech we got now.Here is a channel I use to optimize my PC, it's simple to follow even if you don't know anything and it work very well (I've earn +40fps in some place and all my pc is way more fast).=>

Don't stop at this video, look at his other and do all you can, you won't regret it :)

The only thing on this list I didn't have was the "High performance" profile, but I had manually gone through and set most of the settings there already that would have affected performance.

Thank you for the tip though! I appreciate it. It was good practice to just go through that list and make sure I hadn't missed something.