You recommend unbound or volatile magic tools?

Brycar.2651

Unbound Magic is overall more beneficial for ascended trinkets since the Season 3 maps are superior to the Season 4 maps in both access and coverage of trinkets (the season 4 maps do not offer access to any ascended backpieces for example). Unbound magic is easy to come by via the Winterberry forest if need be and consumption of Winterberries.

Last I checked, volatile magic though is more valuable in conversion to gold wise versus unbound magic, and is easier to convert into T5 and T6 materials.

Season 4 currencies are also easier to acquire via conversion of Season/Saga 5 materials. Gathering Bjora Marches Ice Shards and converting them into Season 4 materials is very easy (will require Karma). This can be easier than gathering Season 4 materials.

Both gathering sets are useful and each has its benefits over the other.

@"Hesione.9412" said:Unbound magic as currency lets you buy these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle

These bundles have a drop rate for mystic clovers.

The trophy shipments for volatile magic do not have mystic clovers as a drop.

After opening thousands of bundles, I can assure you the drop rate for clovers is insignificant low.

Volatile magic on the other hand and the T5/T6 materials are, even with the current low in T6 prices, rather safe gold given the average gain. In the end, this gold could be converted into Mystic Clovers ans ome would again come out ahead.

Mystic Clovers should not be part of the equation.

Everyone else said unbound magic, but I say volatile. I bought those over a year ago and they have made me rich. The volatile magic can be traded for Trophy or Leather shipments that are very lucrative, more lucrative that the Magic Warped Bundles. Then again, you'd have to play the LWS4 maps to get those trinkets. But you could use the extra money you've made with the volatile magic to buy a LWS4 Black Lion Expedition Board for your home instance and then just sit back and collect the map currencies needed for trinkets without ever having to visit a map. Ideally, having both is better, but if I had to choose one, the volatile is better over all, just not specifically for getting trinkets.

@Gorkus.7496 said:Everyone else said unbound magic, but I say volatile. I bought those over a year ago and they have made me rich. The volatile magic can be traded for Trophy or Leather shipments that are very lucrative, more lucrative that the Magic Warped Bundles. Then again, you'd have to play the LWS4 maps to get those trinkets. But you could use the extra money you've made with the volatile magic to buy a LWS4 Black Lion Expedition Board for your home instance and then just sit back and collect the map currencies needed for trinkets without ever having to visit a map. Ideally, having both is better, but if I had to choose one, the volatile is better over all, just not specifically for getting trinkets.

I am focused on getting full sets of ascended trinkets for my alts. So, you are saying Unbound magic and those maps are a little better than Volatile magic?

+1 to Volatile tools. If you have many alts and LWS3 Episode 3: A Crack in the Ice, getting unbound magic is super easy just farm winterberries per alt and consume it. Me suggesting volatile tools is more of a money maker thing as what the person above me said, and it's definitely a really good long term investment even though your focus is getting full sets of asc trinkets. Getting ascended trinkets is easy just farm berries rather than buying a set of UM tools over a VM one.I suggest look at these sites for the values of VM and UM:Volatile Magic - http://gw2lunchbox.com/IstanShipments.htmlUnbound Magic - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic-Warped_Bundle/research

I'll put a quick summary:Volatile Magic Trophy Shipments - You earn a profit of around 50silver for every 250VMUnbound Magic Warped Bundles(there are 2 variants ) - 500UM + 1gold: earns you 25copper-1250UM + 40silver: earns you 50silver (this should be the one you're buying ofc)

for every 250VM: 50silverfor every 250UM: 10silver

correct me if I'm wrong with these values