LANGUAGE REQUEST/IDIOMA REQUISIÇÃO

[ENGLISH]requisition of adding Portuguese language to the game, the Brazilian community in the game is reasonably large, it is not bigger due to the lack of Portuguese language in the game, through this post I ask the Brazilian community to comment here if you would like our language to be added to the game[PT/BR]requisição de adição de lingua portuguesa ao jogo ,a comunidade brasileira no jogo é razoavelmente grande só não é maior por causa da falta da lingua portuguesa no jogo , por meio deste post peço que a comunidade brasileira comente aqui se gostaria que nosso idioma fosse adicionado ao jogo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I entirely agree with it. I'm brazilian and I can speak English really well, but, most of my friends who would like to play can't do it. They don't understand the language and, as the game has many different things to read and understand, most of them give up buying the game because they say they can't understand anything. Think about it, Anet.

It would be interesting, but we know this isn't going to happen due the high cost of everything related to a translation.I have a 6 year old fanpage in pt-br, the community doesn't give a kitten about it after 2 years of content. Patch notes and news translations, lore translations and such. Only combat content that keeps people accessing those fanpages.

Due the lack of interesting from the community I stopped to translate lore, patch notes and news (and real life was a good factor on it too).

But good luck o7

Dev response: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/444283/#Comment_444283

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:As I've said in the past -- in fact, I am quoted in this very thread -- we do not have plans to translate or localize Guild Wars 2 into any additional languages.

More information above, as I went into greater detail in the past. But the core answer still pertains: We will not be localizing Guild Wars 2, nor accepting community localization, into any additional languages.

Been talked about many times over already.i.e.:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/120453/game-in-portugueshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/118630/please-translate-the-game-into-portuguese-brazilhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/117732/translation-into-portuguesehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/112742/translation-to-pt-br-traducao-em-pt-br

There's been at least as many similar threads about russian, and a few about chinese as well. And i am sure i have probably missed some more languages that weren't mentioned as often as those.

@Vitru.7408 said:It would be nice, because even people who has a good grasp on english, can't read the stories, beucause of the very formal or shakesperian vocabulary, please tranlste to portuguese.

Most of the dialog in GW2 is pretty modern and hardly Shakespearean. You even come across some fairly modern slang, mostly American and maybe some British, but really, its hardly different from reading most modern English writing.

That said, I think Anet should reconsider their current stance on no further localization, from what I've observed the Brazilian community isn't small and could grow further if they had the game in their language in the Text at least.

@Mouse.7382 said:Denied. I want any and all able time/resources spent on xpac/balance/etc.

I don't have any insight, but will one exclude the other, except for financially?I imagine that recording all audio files in a new language shouldn't load the developers other than adding a new language and link. The voice actors might cause an additional cost though. Is there something else that I haven't thought about?

@Lucio.4190 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:Denied. I want any and all able time/resources spent on xpac/balance/etc.

I don't have any insight, but will one exclude the other, except for financially?I imagine that recording all audio files in a new language shouldn't load the developers other than adding a new language and link. The voice actors might cause an additional cost though. Is there something else that I haven't thought about?

New support staff as well.

@Lucio.4190 said:

the entire game till now needs that treatment, it would mean that they have to translate and record millions of lines just to get the core game ready.no seriously, it takes more resources to completely re-record and translate every single line than to add a new chapter.

@sorudo.9054 said:

the entire game till now needs that treatment, it would mean that they have to translate and record millions of lines just to get the core game ready.no seriously, it takes more resources to completely re-record and translate every single line than to add a new chapter.

Yes, so far I'm with you. But that is a lot of time that will require voice actors, not developers.The developers working with balance and other coding shouldn't even be involved with that project.My only concern is if they have enough money to finance a new language and if that investment will payoff?

@Lucio.4190 said:

Yes, so far I'm with you. But that is a lot of time that will require voice actors, not developers.The developers working with balance and other coding shouldn't even be involved with that project.My only concern is if they have enough money to finance a new language and if that investment will payoff?

the developers need to cut it all, mix the sound for good quality, add them in the game on the right characters and time the voices just right.you're seriously underestimating the work needed to even add a single language.

The Audio/Sound Team, the Narrative Team, the Localization Team, the Production Team all are working on the current game and the expansion; they would need to be pulled away to work on adding a new language to the current game and the expansion.

Not to mention the high cost and availability of voice actors providing hundreds, of not thousands, of hours of voice work.

It's very unlikely to happen.

Translation / localization for gw2 ever growing content might be tedious...

Maybe there's a way to make English audio to subtitles with the help of add-ons?

Since there are multiple speech to text libs out there. Use the appropriate language / dialect package convert the audio to text and render them as subtitles...

Idk if such an add-on available for gw2 but just saying.. could be possible in the future if not available already... Being Optimistic :)