Why is Rabid Amulet Still in the Game?

Enduronex.4865

Why is amulets still in the game period?

All these years and all these threads in the sPvP forums make it quite clear that people dont want customizable MMO PvP in GW2 and they wont be happy until sPvP conform to fixed gear/class matchups similar to Overwatch. Oh you're joining on a warrior? You are power and you got greatsword/sword/shield because thats what warriors fight with. Off to battle.

Problem solved.

While I agree that builds that can tank and also do loads of damage at the same time is pretty stupid, i also agree that condition style builds should be, by default, more tanky as they should be focused on ramping up stacks of conditions over time to provide a steady and slow depletion of the enemy's health the longer the fight drags on, forcing players who don't run condition cleanses on their utility set ups to either take the death or disengage and fight elsewhere (although right now, everyone runs some sort of consistent condi clear on their builds because of how stupid conditions are right now). I'm more inclined to think that the issue is that the builds in question apply too many stacks of certain conditions in one go, rather than how tanky they are.In regards to the necro, I think the biggest issue is how much the fear can do in terms of condition damage when traited (almost 1k per second), adding on to the other ramping up conditions like bleeds, torment, and poison (which can add another 1k per second depending on how many of said conditions are applied consistently and/or one go). I think once that issue is tackled across all professions, the rabid amulet would be fine.I also agree that other power builds that have not yet been touched are still doing crazy damage, and should see a nerf. But that can be discussed on another thread.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@reikken.4961 said:should be nerfing amulets instead of outright deleting thembring back
every
amulet. just nerfed like paladin's was

@reikken.4961 said:should be nerfing amulets instead of outright deleting thembring back
every

Anet nerfed Celestial twice, but they still ended up deleting it.

yeah they should have nerfed it again instead. Or rather, they should have nerfed it harder in the first place. Since deleting things is apparently ok, err on the side of over nerfing, and then buff it back up later if it ends up sucking.

@Kuma.1503 said:

every

every

Anet nerfed Celestial twice, but they still ended up deleting it.

Another stupid decision by Anet that shouldn't be followed up with another one like deleting Rabid. Ffs he thinks there's an argument for deleting Valk amy. Op already admitted they feel they shouldn't have to adjust, and the reason for it is they feel everyone else should because they can‘t deal with condi.

I think it is cool to have a choice to pick a counter against enemy team, that is why we have 1 minute free before game starts, to realize enemy team comp. If enemy got full power comp, why wouldn't you have toughness amulet to counter them?

In case removing toughness amulets, remove ferocity stat and its amulets from the game too, so people would crit but shorter, i don't think it is skill to one shot someone at all by smashing your head on keyboard and praying the god target will instant die...

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:I think it is cool to have a choice to pick a counter against enemy team, that is why we have 1 minute free before game starts, to realize enemy team comp. If enemy got full power comp, why wouldn't you have toughness amulet to counter them?

In case removing toughness amulets, remove ferocity stat and its amulets from the game too, so people would crit but shorter, i don't think it is skill to one shot someone at all by smashing your head on keyboard and praying the god target will instant die...

ferocity is super bad in pvp, even in pve where you have insane power numbers and permanent 25 stacks of might its STILL worse then power while having 100% crit chance.but in pvp, not only you dont have 100% crit chance, but even on a critical strike power gives MUCH more damage then ferocity, If I had to give rough estimation for most power builds 100 power is about as usefull as 200 ferocity.nerfing it is pointless

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:I think it is cool to have a choice to pick a counter against enemy team, that is why we have 1 minute free before game starts, to realize enemy team comp. If enemy got full power comp, why wouldn't you have toughness amulet to counter them?

lmao damage is already lower than ever and you want to removd ferocity?

@Ghos.1326 said:While I agree that builds that can tank and also do loads of damage at the same time is pretty stupid, i also agree that condition style builds should be, by default, more tanky as they should be focused on ramping up stacks of conditions over time to provide a steady and slow depletion of the enemy's health the longer the fight drags on, forcing players who don't run condition cleanses on their utility set ups to either take the death or disengage and fight elsewhere (although right now, everyone runs some sort of consistent condi clear on their builds because of how stupid conditions are right now). I'm more inclined to think that the issue is that the builds in question apply too many stacks of certain conditions in one go, rather than how tanky they are.In regards to the necro, I think the biggest issue is how much the fear can do in terms of condition damage when traited (almost 1k per second), adding on to the other ramping up conditions like bleeds, torment, and poison (which can add another 1k per second depending on how many of said conditions are applied consistently and/or one go). I think once that issue is tackled across all professions, the rabid amulet would be fine.I also agree that other power builds that have not yet been touched are still doing crazy damage, and should see a nerf. But that can be discussed on another thread.

The issue is that the condi's they put on you burst down your health so fast its not even funny, I have made a condi soulbeast 2 days ago in like 20 minutes and i can down any class in 2 seconds because the tick damage is high, then there is core guard with its burns, most of the time before you can cleanse the condi it already took 70% of your health