The only fix spvp will ever need!

Blake.8476

My suggestion is to remove damage from conditions and instead make them like utilities, For example (poison can reduce healing but not damage you, burning applies vulnerability, bleeding makes you lose endurance, torment makes you see clones, confusion makes your weapon abilities swap places etc) conditions are currently ticking away your health at an alarming rate (burning condition especially) Then there is the heaIth and toughness perk that condi builds gain that power builds do not get as much of, For instance power dragonhunter has 11k-16khp where a condi dragonhunter has 21k-25k. I do understand that making this change would be a very big rework of amulets, runes, sigil's, classes and weapons. but maybe make an extra game mode (condition free matches/power builds only) like an event... and test it, Get response from the community and decide whether to change for good or not. Trust me SPVP will become balanced and if not then you tried at least without impacting the current system, People complain about condi builds (revnant, mirage, necro) Then arenanet nerfs it and a new condi build is made, The process repeats itself, Take care and thank you for your consideration. Guild Wars 2 for life!

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Conditions would be great tif they were just that. Conditions.Yes conditions applied and tick damage of them far outway the amount of cleansing options unless every match has a proper healer, but 99% of spvp players dont play healer.What really ruined things are when confusion and torment started to do damage even when not activated.

What do you mean by "when not activated"?

@Blake.8476 said:

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Conditions would be great tif they were just that. Conditions.Yes conditions applied and tick damage of them far outway the amount of cleansing options unless every match has a proper healer, but 99% of spvp players dont play healer.What really ruined things are when confusion and torment started to do damage even when not activated.

When torment does damage while standing still or confusion does damage when not casting a skill.

@Blake.8476 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Conditions would be great tif they were just that. Conditions.Yes conditions applied and tick damage of them far outway the amount of cleansing options unless every match has a proper healer, but 99% of spvp players dont play healer.What really ruined things are when confusion and torment started to do damage even when not activated.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Conditions would be great tif they were just that. Conditions.Yes conditions applied and tick damage of them far outway the amount of cleansing options unless every match has a proper healer, but 99% of spvp players dont play healer.What really ruined things are when confusion and torment started to do damage even when not activated.

When torment does damage while standing still or confusion does damage when not casting a skill.

ah yes i agree that is bad! just as bad as the binding roots of a druid, cleanse the immobilize and it will just reapply unless you destroy it, which by then you ate 50 conditions already

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Confusion damage is very negligible when not using skills.

Torment damage is too much somehow? If anything, it's actually the most balanced condition because of that, if it did no damage then nobody would play anything with Torment, condition builds have bad power damage already and you being able to sit in there taking all the torment makes no sense, even if you had to move for avoiding a different aoe of conditions, the damage you'll take is insignificant and I doubt people wants to see Torment with Confusion levels of damage in exchanging of no damage at all for standing.

@Shao.7236 said:

Confusion damage is very negligible when not using skills.

Torment damage is too much somehow? If anything, it's actually the most balanced condition because of that, if it did no damage then nobody would play anything with Torment, condition builds have bad power damage already and you being able to sit in there taking all the torment makes no sense, even if you had to move for avoiding a different aoe of conditions, the damage you'll take is insignificant and I doubt people wants to see Torment with Confusion levels of damage in exchanging of no damage at all for standing.

Still though i think if conditions didnt do damage but instead just a control affect the game would be a lot better and there would be almost nobody complaining everyday about the balance in pvp, there are still many options due to traits even if conditions do no damage and with a little tweaking all classes can play power with conditions as a means of slowing, their opponent or making them use a skill etc, at the current state of pvp almost always the only thing to do vs a condi bunker is run away or eccept death, that is not a skillbased fight and it makes people want to quit.

@Clipzy.9483 said:They wanted conditions to do damage to add more diversity to build types. The issue is that the damage for condis is too high and scales too well with defensive builds.

Yes i can understand that the conditions add diversity and thats why i am not saying to remove them completely but rather remove the damage it deals, they can rather add more diversity to the already existing power traits/amulets and runes.

@Peter.3901 said:I mean, the only issue with condition is called guardian burn, and the fault is not even the condition exactly.

Well i agree that guardian has an issue and that is the fact that before the 9 stacks of burns set in from torch 4 you already take a burst damage kind of like how you would from a power build?

are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the shit out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

instead of slowly removing/changing small things and never achieving balance im suggesting a big change that can be tested beforehand that will make a better gaming experience for all, I completely disagree when you say only 4 good condi builds, and no im not here because i want everything nerfed as you are implying, I also have no issue with bunkers (except condi bunkers) if you look at my profile you will see this is the only post i have, And its the only thing that is the issue with spvp and dont get me wrong i play core burn guard and condi soulbeast, Not very fun to watch 3 players die while i run away because its boring,There is no skill involved in any condi build, Other games function perfectly with only power., crit chance and crit damage... Condition damage does not define guild wars 2 pvp so it can also function perfectly without it and then maybe guild wars 2 will have some world tournaments.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

not triggered confusion does close to no damagetorment is a different story

@Blake.8476 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

instead of slowly removing/changing small things and never achieving balance im suggesting a big change that can be tested beforehand that will make a better gaming experience for all, I completely disagree when you say only 4 good condi builds, and no im not here because i want everything nerfed as you are implying, I also have no issue with bunkers (except condi bunkers) if you look at my profile you will see this is the only post i have, And its the only thing that is the issue with spvp and dont get me wrong i play core burn guard and condi soulbeast, Not very fun to watch 3 players die while i run away because its boring,There is no skill involved in any condi build, Other games function perfectly with only power., crit chance and crit damage... Condition damage does not define guild wars 2 pvp so it can also function perfectly without it and then maybe guild wars 2 will have some world tournaments.

anet cant and dont test things, EVER. In feb patch they removed a trait from mesmer but it was still there, dont tell me anyone have tested that.After using the trait once I instantly knew it was bugged.And btw, fast removing things has led us where we are due to said february patch, And nerfing conditions will lead to more bunkers as I said.For every brainless condi build there is another brainless power build, lets not pretend that condi soulbeast is somehow easier to play the sic-em soulbeast.For every burn guard you have nades holo. For every condi necro you have d/p thief.Not all condition builds are easy to play and not all power builds are hard to play.If you want hard to play condi build take cmesmer, fight competent people and come back to me. Come back and tell me how easy it is to burst people and how often your burst doesnt do anything. How often you get hit by 1 skill and have to disengage since skill-full holo landed 10k barrage or how often your burst gets denied by random aoe you have to account for, or how often your 30s burst healed enemy herald due to instant healing skill, or how often quickness reaper liched you in under 1,5s.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Technically speaking confusion is this way, the damage ticks on it are ridiculously low.

@Blake.8476 said:My suggestion is to remove damage from conditions and instead make them like utilities, For example (poison can reduce healing but not damage you, burning applies vulnerability, bleeding makes you lose endurance, torment makes you see clones, confusion makes your weapon abilities swap places etc) conditions are currently ticking away your health at an alarming rate (burning condition especially) Then there is the heaIth and toughness perk that condi builds gain that power builds do not get as much of, For instance power dragonhunter has 11k-16khp where a condi dragonhunter has 21k-25k. I do understand that making this change would be a very big rework of amulets, runes, sigil's, classes and weapons. but maybe make an extra game mode (condition free matches/power builds only) like an event... and test it, Get response from the community and decide whether to change for good or not. Trust me SPVP will become balanced and if not then you tried at least without impacting the current system, People complain about condi builds (revnant, mirage, necro) Then arenanet nerfs it and a new condi build is made, The process repeats itself, Take care and thank you for your consideration. Guild Wars 2 for life!

How would this make PvP balanced? I cant even imagine this change working out. Even modified a bit here and there, it's just way out there.Example: condi core necromancer. It does basicly no power damage. You nullify its offense through conditions, compensate by doubling its health... and you get a 100K health monster(shroud and HP combined) that weakens, cripples and fears you, but does absolutely no damage. What about this would be fun or balanced?

Not to mention this would break PvE aswell.

If you want changes this radical in an 8 year old game, you're better off making a new one.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Blake.8476 said:My suggestion is to remove damage from conditions and instead make them like utilities, For example (poison can reduce healing but not damage you, burning applies vulnerability, bleeding makes you lose endurance, torment makes you see clones, confusion makes your weapon abilities swap places etc) conditions are currently ticking away your health at an alarming rate (burning condition especially) Then there is the heaIth and toughness perk that condi builds gain that power builds do not get as much of, For instance power dragonhunter has 11k-16khp where a condi dragonhunter has 21k-25k. I do understand that making this change would be a very big rework of amulets, runes, sigil's, classes and weapons. but maybe make an extra game mode (condition free matches/power builds only) like an event... and test it, Get response from the community and decide whether to change for good or not. Trust me SPVP will become balanced and if not then you tried at least without impacting the current system, People complain about condi builds (revnant, mirage, necro) Then arenanet nerfs it and a new condi build is made, The process repeats itself, Take care and thank you for your consideration. Guild Wars 2 for life!

How would this make PvP balanced? I cant even imagine this change working out. Even modified a bit here and there, it's just way out there.Example: condi core necromancer. It does basicly no power damage. You nullify its offense through conditions, compensate by doubling its health... and you get a 100K health monster(shroud and HP combined) that weakens, cripples and fears you, but does absolutely no damage. What about this would be fun or balanced?

If you want changes this radical in an 8 year old game, you're better off making a new one.

This change im suggesting is ONLY for SPVP not Pve, and core necro does a ton of power damage!i played power core necro for a long time and even got to plat 2 with it...and its never too late for a change (it would bring new life and a different outlook to the game which in turn would potentially lure players back that have quit because of this)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

anet cant and dont test things, EVER. In feb patch they removed a trait from mesmer but it was still there, dont tell me anyone have tested that.After using the trait once I instantly knew it was bugged.And btw, fast removing things has led us where we are due to said february patch, And nerfing conditions will lead to more bunkers as I said.For every brainless condi build there is another brainless power build, lets not pretend that condi soulbeast is somehow easier to play the sic-em soulbeast.For every burn guard you have nades holo. For every condi necro you have d/p thief.Not all condition builds are easy to play and not all power builds are hard to play.If you want hard to play condi build take cmesmer, fight competent people and come back to me. Come back and tell me how easy it is to burst people and how often your burst doesnt do anything. How often you get hit by 1 skill and have to disengage since skill-full holo landed 10k barrage or how often your burst gets denied by random aoe you have to account for, or how often your 30s burst healed enemy herald due to instant healing skill, or how often quickness reaper liched you in under 1,5s.

Yes i agree that i have not seen anet test things beforehand really, except for the 3v3, they DID test that as beta and so can they test it too with what i am suggesting, Can even maybe make it a third option besides unranked and rankedand i know that every class has its counter but then there are those (revnant and now the latest condi minion scourge) that absolutely abuse condi, Its ridiculous how many conditions they can stack vs how many you can clear, Making my 3 utility slots useless because i am forced to run 3 condi cleanses

@Blake.8476 said:

This change im suggesting is ONLY for SPVP not Pve, and core necro does a ton of power damage!i played power core necro for a long time and even got to plat 2 with it...and its never too late for a change (it would bring new life and a different outlook to the game which in turn would potentially lure players back that have quit because of this)

PvP and PvE can have different balance, but they cannot have a different design. If you bleed someone/something, the same code calculates whats happening to your target in all gamemodes. So you either apply a design change to all gamemodes, or none of them.