Theif(Monk) Healer/Tank

uberkingkong.8041

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Can we get GW1 monk as a profession, and yes the ability to go 55 monk status.

Other professions, have a healer role, tank role, etc.Except thieves.

But one of the best tanks/healers in GW1 was Monk, especially the 55hp monks.There is no doubt that if done in GW2 it would go to the thief.

I think this is what they tried with daredevil, PepeHands

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Other professions, have a healer role, tank role, etc.Except thieves.

That's not true. The build options are there, they only wait for players to use them.

• If you want to be a healer, shadow art give you the opportunity to either capitalize on the abundant teleportation of the thief or simply use the venoms. Merciful ambush to revive and hide allies... etc.
  • If you want to be a boon support DE can do quite the work providing boons (might, fury and whatever boon you get from stolen skill) to up to 10 allies, while trickery allow you to grant fury, might, swiftness, vigor and whatever boon you manage to steal to up to 5 allies. It's actually not that hard to provide perma 25 might, fury, swiftness and vigor to a 5 man group as a DE all while providing utilities (portal/projectile destruction), stealth, applying vulnerability, weakness, poison... etc.
  • If you want to tank, you can reach respectably high amount of damage reduction (33% when revealed + perma weakness + either 3 traits with 10% damage reduction on DD or protection on DE), high amount of active defense (dodge, blind, hard CC and even block on DD) and high amount of self sustain (regen, signet of malice, invigorating precision, leeching venom, shadow siphoning, cloacked in shadow... etc.).

If thief players already limit themself into the mindset that they can only be dps with what they got, there is no amount of change or new e-specs that will make them change those limits.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Gw2 has no roles.Every Profession in the game has ways to do Condi damage, do Power damage, heal, take hits, support etc.

It's just that some Professions do it better.

Thief can't face tank things, Thief can't power heal, Thief can't pulse boons all day long, but that's fine.A few other Professions can't either.

Why are people dead set on having the best of everything for their favourite Profession?

@Yasai.3549 said:

Gw2 has no roles.Every Profession in the game has ways to do Condi damage, do Power damage, heal, take hits, support etc.

Thief can't face tank things, Thief can't power heal, Thief can't pulse boons all day long, but that's fine.A few other Professions can't either.

Why are people dead set on having the best of everything for their favourite Profession?

Because those so non existent roles do very much exist in raids/fractals and wvw. Honestly, i wouldn't mind thief having only dps specs if they were THAT good, like rogues in wow. But they are not. Every other prof does it better. Before xpacs you could argue that thief excels at mobility but even at that they are not THAT great anymore. Nearly any class has enough mobility to diminish thief importance in pvp. I am honestly annoyed at this point due to begging for crumbs and being forced to reroll to everything else just to be able to participate in game content. I do NOT have this problem as mesmer for example.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Before xpacs you could argue that thief excels at mobility but even at that they are not THAT great anymore. Nearly any class has enough mobility to diminish thief importance in pvp. I am honestly annoyed at this point at begging for crumbs and being forced to reroll to everything else just to be able to participate in game content.

Blame Powercreep.The highest performing DPS builds are all PoF power crept Especs.(call me crazy but isn't Deadeye like 39k dps or something, that's pretty high on the list no)

But hey, at least yu can still spam Stealth for pvp.Until Anet takes it away that is.

I've mentioned it before : Ini needs to be balanced first before Thief can see any lasting improvements because its so volatile that even a small numbers tweak can cause Thief to either shoot up in performance or completely fall through the floor.

As evidenced with Shortbow nerf.And even that's abit of a horrible way to nerf it.

Could take away 100 range off Infiltrator's Arrow but they decided hmmmm no, gonna increase ini cost by 2 lol.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Because those so non existent roles do very much exist in raids/fractals and wvw. Honestly, i wouldn't mind thief having only dps specs if they were THAT good, like rogues in wow. But they are not. Every other prof does it better. Before xpacs you could argue that thief excels at mobility but even at that they are not THAT great anymore. Nearly any class has enough mobility to diminish thief importance in pvp. I am honestly annoyed at this point due to begging for crumbs and being forced to reroll to everything else just to be able to participate in game content. I do NOT have this problem as mesmer for example.

Well, mesmer they just delete periodically through ham fisted nerfs. There's no point in begging for crumbs after someone just stabbed you in the gut.

I have YET to see a healer Thief in strike missions let alone a GOOD healer Thief. Saw one in fractals but I think they were just testing the build. Thief has shadow refuge for a group heal but ppl tend to move away from the aoe. The venom thing is ok at best IF you are attacking. uberkingkong has a point that Thief could be the smiting/healing monk that would also fit storywise as asian monks are tanky fighters. See you in Cantha!

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Can we get GW1 monk as a profession, and yes the ability to go 55 monk status.

But one of the best tanks/healers in GW1 was Monk, especially the 55hp monks.There is no doubt that if done in GW2 it would go to the thief.

Yes please we need Medic Thief to be a thing. To make it different from other healing classes/builds just make the thief to have the ability to heal one target, with burst healing and constant ticks.So medic thief would keep the +1 role but for healing instead dps.

Shadow Savior might not be very powerful but it helps pad a few health bars that are slowly getting burned from siege and trash circles along with the main group and squad healer. We have some great team utilities though for covering people and that works best when you cause panic damage as an immediate counter. My third build template I keep open for cheese builds and the one I have there right now for squad fights is SA 1-1-1, Tricks, & CS with shortbow blasts and Smoke Screen. I can be right on top of someone for a fast cover and revive and steeling health from interrupts, crits, and blinds helps flip control of the fight while I'm keeping someone up. Anything on Smoke Screen is nice but Dagger Storm with Runes of Surging can turn it into a fast AOE and burst self heal from Cloaked in Shadow and Surging interrupts.