Punish Servers for Hacking

Ronin.4501

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@V Winter.5371 said:So in other words, all I have to do to completely wreck an enemy server is transfer and then hack? Sounds good.

Thats the 1st i tough as well..

yeah, not even worth to think about it. everybody would just make a pointless alt f2p account on some enemy server and BAM server gets a hit by Anet-Oh!Behave-Bot.... what a glorious solution.

Servers. Are. No. Hiveminds. Neither are guilds, btw.I can not stress this enough. Even if you have a group of five cheaters concenctrated on a single server, punishing the ~500+ players community on that servers for the actions of said small group is flat out stupid. It is not like the community could do anything to stop the offenders if they wanted anyway.

Currently the entirety of the servers playing against the hacker's server ARE being punished as a result of Anet's allowing the hackers to continue on unpunished.Two wrongs don't make a right. Your frustration is understandable, but your suggested solution is simply bad.

@Len.1879 said:Servers. Are. No. Hiveminds. Neither are guilds, btw.I can not stress this enough. Even if you have a group of five cheaters concenctrated on a single server, punishing the ~500+ players community on that servers for the actions of said small group is flat out stupid. It is not like the community could do anything to stop the offenders if they wanted anyway.

Currently the entirety of the servers playing against the hacker's server ARE being punished as a result of Anet's allowing the hackers to continue on unpunished.Two wrongs don't make a right. Your frustration is understandable, but your suggested solution is simply bad.

Well, Anet solution to issues in pve have punished the entire community to a degree so how would this be any different?

You can't go the route of punishment to solve every issue . It simply does not work when you consider all the possible repercussions . Which inevitably ends up doing more damaging to the game .The only way to prevent Hackers from exploiting a game is make it impossible to hack in the first place . And that falls exclusively in the hands of the developers .So I leave this issue to the developers to prove to this community and every one of the millions of customers that support this game that they have the skill in programming to do what's needed.

Never punish a server for things a handful of people do playing on that server.

I wish we had the chance to be able to investigate "stranger things" happening to be able to check if it was a real hacking incident or just a misinterpretation of something we have seen.e.g. I was unable to contact anyone from Jade Sea Server concerning something that happened in Fire Keep on Saturday around 10:15 CET, because the only real thing I could do was ask around LA and DR for a Jade Sea player with WvW contacts concerning the guild involved. Of course nobody replied, I got no answer and the incident still lingers to be a possible hack situation that had happened.Perhaps that is something an Alliance feature needs, too. A chance to open "diplomatic channels" with the enemy side.PS: If you are a Jade Sea commander wanting to talk to me about that incident, send me an IGM or whisper me.

@TDC.1627 said:HAHAH just like the SoS spies last night doing the same to BG pulling tactics then attacking. SoS can't handle it being done to them. SoS also like following a commander who is using teleport hacks on their Ele.

You guys did it first. Quissadi, that's the guy who did the pulling of tactics when we were winning last Sunday skirmish for hours (both on PPK and war score). He was mass reported, not sure if Anet actually took notice.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

@"TDC.1627" said:HAHAH just like the SoS spies last night doing the same to BG pulling tactics then attacking. SoS can't handle it being done to them. SoS also like following a commander who is using teleport hacks on their Ele.

You guys did it first. Quissadi, that's the guy who did the pulling of tactics when we were winning last Sunday skirmish for hours (both on PPK and war score). He was mass reported, not sure if Anet actually took notice.

HAHAH sure you were "winning" Still following your Hacking commander Elementalist?

@TDC.1627 said:

@TDC.1627 said:HAHAH just like the SoS spies last night doing the same to BG pulling tactics then attacking. SoS can't handle it being done to them. SoS also like following a commander who is using teleport hacks on their Ele.

HAHAH sure you were "winning" Still following your Hacking commander Elementalist?

proof? don't be too salty you guys keep getting wiped out by a pug squad. we held SMC for almost half a day and with your numbers, you couldn't even take it from us during that skirmish. lol

@TDC.1627 said:

proof? don't be too salty you guys keep getting wiped out by a pug squad.

LOL you were the ones getting wiped CONSTANTLY by pugs at Hills on BGBL last night. Thanks for the bags though.

@TDC.1627 said:

@TDC.1627 said:

proof? don't be too salty you guys keep getting wiped out by a pug squad.

LOL you were the ones getting wiped CONSTANTLY by pugs at Hills on BGBL last night. Thanks for the bags though.

Lol. NOYP got wiped out inside your own tower, Jerrifer, got spawn farmed in RBL. Talking about who's wiping who. LoL. Btw, I was that sole FB in gold armor. You guys got wrecked by a squad with only one Firebrand. Must be really bad.

@TDC.1627 said:

proof? don't be too salty you guys keep getting wiped out by a pug squad. we held SMC for almost half a day and with your numbers, you couldn't even take it from us during that skirmish. lol

actually we do, most of the nite was recorded and has been sent to anet

@manky wench.4012 said:

@TDC.1627 said:

actually we do, most of the nite was recorded and has been sent to anet

you did when we were all asleep after it was held for more than 7 hours. lol.