Dual Monitors

When I used dual monitors, my mouse sometimes "jumped" out of the game window by accident. This always caused the game window to minimize.I haven't tried playing in Windowed mode, though. Not sure if that would work. But you will not be able to switch window without using Alt+Tab.That's my experience of using dual monitors.

@Coelho Nat.4697 said:As people already stated: graphics options - Resolutions: set Windowed FullscreenThis allows you to move the mouse through the monitors and even open multiple instances of GW2 in case you have more than 1 account.

The only disadvantage is that the full-screen gamma cannot be adjusted.Not the only! You lose a lot of performance (up to 20%) in the window modes. This applies to any game - not just GW2.

Borderless window mode (or just the normal bordered window mode) is nice for dual monitor setups and fast alt/tabbing to desktop, but significantly inferior to exclusive fullscreen in terms of performance.

Exclusive fullscreen prioritizes PC resources to the game. The drawbacks are the locked mouse cursor and the required ram data swap, when you want to alt+tab out of the game into windows, so this becomes very slow and can even crash the game.

@KrHome.1920 said:Exclusive fullscreen prioritizes PC resources to the game. The drawbacks are the locked mouse cursor and the required ram data swap, when you want to alt+tab out of the game into windows, so this becomes very slow and can even crash the game.

The locked mouse cursor is a function of the game rather than of exclusive fullscreen. Some games lock the cursor, some don't. (And some, like GW2, try to lock it, but it's possible to escape the lock, which does ... bad things.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Exclusive fullscreen prioritizes PC resources to the game. The drawbacks are the locked mouse cursor and the required ram data swap, when you want to alt+tab out of the game into windows, so this becomes very slow and can even crash the game.

The locked mouse cursor is a function of the game rather than of exclusive fullscreen. Some games lock the cursor, some don't. (And some, like GW2,
try
to lock it, but it's possible to escape the lock, which does ... bad things.)You can not move the mouse out of exclusive fullscreen - never! Every game that supports this automatically runs in borderless window aka "fake fullscreen".

When you think a minute about this, then everything else does obviously not make sense. For example you would get refresh rate conflicts if what you said was possible as you can select a different refresh rate in excl. fullscreen compared to your windows refresh rate. You can't do this in borderless window for the exact reason to maintain seamless task switching.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Exclusive fullscreen prioritizes PC resources to the game. The drawbacks are the locked mouse cursor and the required ram data swap, when you want to alt+tab out of the game into windows, so this becomes very slow and can even crash the game.

The locked mouse cursor is a function of the game rather than of exclusive fullscreen. Some games lock the cursor, some don't. (And some, like GW2,
try
to lock it, but it's possible to escape the lock, which does ... bad things.)You can not move the mouse out of exclusive fullscreen - never! Every game that supports this automatically runs in borderless window aka "fake fullscreen".

Even the games that have a separate "Windowed (full screen)" or "Full screen (Windowed)" mode? (Example: SWTOR.)

@KrHome.1920 said:

try

When you think a minute about this, then everything else does obviously not make sense. For example you would get refresh rate conflicts if what you said was possible as you can select a different refresh rate in excl. fullscreen compared to your windows refresh rate. You can't do this in borderless window for the exact reason to maintain seamless task switching.

I've had my mouse outside the game by accident several times. Don't know how it happens. Everytime, the game window minimizes and I have to alt+tab back into the game.