To ArenaNet - If a big Balance Patch is coming beginning of 2021 post the changes a few weeks ealier

GuriGashi.5617

Title is self-explanatory. If you have something big up your sleeves, please let us see the changes and don‘t implement them out of nowhere and without some community feedback. It would also be fun to theory craft before the new patch is released.

Or even a small statement about what is roughly planned in terms of balancing, a date for when we will see changes or which classes you are currently looking into - something tangible for the competitive community. For me personally this 0 information environment drains my motivation to play the game and I am not sure, but I believe we haven‘t had a big balance patch with proper announcement since last February

You are completely right about the communication part of course. But I kind of doubt there will be a major patch, soooo... well, I got more pessimistic since February. :disappointed:

Also, I have lost hope regarding most balance suggestions in the forums. I can't say much about many classes, but there are a huge lot of biased people around here - and some good players are very lacking in rational analysis of issues as well. So while I would still like to see changes ahead of time, I wouldn't worry too much about the feedback. Maybe some major oversights can be avoided though.

@snoow.1694 said:Title is self-explainatory. If you have something big up your sleeves, let us see the changes and don‘t implement them without some community feedback. It would also be fun to theory craft before the new patch is released.

Or even a small statement about what is planned in terms of balancing, something tangible for us. For me personally this 0 information environment drains my motivation to play the game and I am not sure, but I believe we haven‘t had a big balance patch with proper announcement since last February

It would be better if the communication was constant. Communicating the changes once they are done is not good, If the devs reworked a traitline once it is done there is no point for the community to provide any feedback as no relevant changes can be done at that point.

@anduriell.6280 said:It would be better if the communication was constant. Communicating the changes once they are done is not good, If the devs reworked a traitline once it is done there is no point for the community to provide any feedback as no relevant changes can be done at that point.

A lot of community feedback that you see isn't all that useful. It lacks objectivity and is brimming with bias.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:It would be better if the communication was constant. Communicating the changes once they are done is not good, If the devs reworked a traitline once it is done there is no point for the community to provide any feedback as no relevant changes can be done at that point.

A lot of community feedback that you see isn't all that useful. It lacks objectivity and is brimming with bias.Feedback does not mean the devs has to do what the community says. Yet the community will warn about glaring problems which could come with some changes which the devs may not have anticipated.There is nothing bad in more feedback as long as the community managers filter it.

@anduriell.6280 said:

A lot of community feedback that you see isn't all that useful. It lacks objectivity and is brimming with bias.Feedback does not mean the devs has to do what the community says.

Could have fooled me with the posts I see on this forum.

Never said there wasn't any merit to it, its just a large majority isn't that helpful due to aforementioned lack of objectivity and / or bias

@Khalisto.5780 said:I dont think they have ever changed something cuz of community feedback

Patch goes out exactly as prepatch notes

No but there have been a few instances of Anet reversing their decisions from extreme outcry from the community, like them being called out for lying about Revenant Phase Traversal being a bug to use outside of 1200 range and then reversing the decision. This is very rare and didn't happen in the case of Mirage, but it's at least worth doing.

@Megametzler.5729 said:You are completely right about the communication part of course. But I kind of doubt there will be a major patch, soooo... well, I got more pessimistic since February. :disappointed:

Also, I have lost hope regarding most balance suggestions in the forums. I can't say much about many classes, but there are a huge lot of biased people around here - and some good players are very lacking in rational analysis of issues as well. So while I would still like to see changes ahead of time, I wouldn't worry too much about the feedback. Maybe some major oversights can be avoided though.

Understandable and I agree with you when it comes to biased people. I think there will be a balance patch either in January or February and just in case I hope they decide to warn us some time ahead

• 2 weeks later...

@Megametzler.5729 said:You are completely right about the communication part of course. But I kind of doubt there will be a major patch, soooo... well, I got more pessimistic since February. :disappointed:

Looks like you were right and we get no balance patch :/ Monday right at the start of the season would have been the opportunity