Battle Scars do not belong in Devastation Traitline.

Yasai.3549

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zaswer.5246 said:Infact on a full power dmg build in raid the GM trait for battle scars is better than the 20^50%hp trait , maybe not a huge margin because power revenant is weak but i think it was 1k dps difference more or less, and also is a lifesteal so...

As mentioned above, the GM alone outshines both Adept and Master tier Battlescars traits, and both of those are extremely weak anyway.The point of the thread though, is to discuss if Devastation should even harbour Siphon traits in the first place, because Battle Scars was a GW1 Shiro Boss mechanic.

Discussion has progressed to the point that it is widely agreed that yes : Dance of Death is good, but Battlescarred and Thrill of Combat are trash/mediocre.

• 8 months later...

I cast "Raise dead" on this thread to Necro it.

Would just like to add in some proposals to Devastation as a whole, because I don't wanna make a new thread for this.

It's been awhile since we have had the Devastation rework, as well as the Battle Scars introduction.While strong in PvE, it is utterly garbage in competitive unless ran on specific builds (like Renegod builds)

It also stung Devastation users since they essentially transformed a minor into 3 majors, with 2 of them being really bad picks.I would like to make some proposals to change Devastation up, or at least shuffle some traits around.

Idea here is simple : Make Devastation Minors about Battle Scars, as it is a very thematically Shiro aspect which is tied into Devastation.

Expose Defenses shuffled with Battle ScarredDestructive Impulses shuffled with Thrill of Combat

BUT WAIT, ARE YU INSANE!? THIS WILL NERF DEVASTATION BY FORCING BAD MINORS ON US WHILE FORCING US TO PICK BETWEEN GOOD MAJORS!

Yes, as such, I think Battle Scars itself has to be buffed for competitive :Current value : Damage 58, Healing 58New value : Damage 120, Healing 60

But why swap the first two minors!?Because the First two minors can be buffed when turned into Majors and give players a choice in what trait benefits their build best.

In addition to this I would like to take a look at some traits.Aggressive Agility : For simply removing Immob on movement skills is too little as a Major, this is why this trait is never picked.Proposal : Gain Swiftness when using a Movement skill. Having Swiftness increases damage by 7%

Expose Defenses : It's just insane how weak this trait is because it has no way of refreshing itself short of forcing the player to cast an Elite, and as we know, most Elites on Rev are just not worth the Energy cost.Proposal : Expose Defenses refreshes on Legend swap

Brutality : It's too focused in its boon ripping. Also Shiro is known for Boon ripping in general. It shouldn't just rip Stability. But it should be balanced if it were made to rip all boon types.Proposal : Upon swapping weapons gain Quickness. Next 3 attacks upon gaining Quickness rips boons.

Destructive Impulses : Never liked the idea where it increases damage based on how many weapons wielded. It only truly served to increase staff/hammer damage which is a huge joke since they removed all sort of damage dealt by staff and removed a good amount of damage from hammer in the same patch.Proposal : Bring Malicious Reprisal back. The situational damage and unblockable from Malicious Reprisal is what makes it a pick on par with Notoriety.

I'm actually glad you necro'd this thread. I still think there is a good debate to be had about Battle Scars and the Devastation tratline in general. Some of my thoughts are below:

I like some of your suggestions. The Devastation tratiline does need some tidying up after it's changes earlier this year.

• First = Expose Defenses needs another way to refresh other than elite skill. Currently, Mallyx and Kalla elites are the best options to pair with Expose Defenses as they are low cost elites that can be spammed because you can toggle on and off with some small CD's. I would also suggest a Legend Swap to refresh the trait as well as weapon swap
  • Aggressive Agility is just - eh. Warrior has Warrior's Sprint which obliterates Aggressive Agility. I would keep the cure Immobilization and add a flat 25% movement speed or I like your idea of giving swiftness after a movement ability. Anything that can give swiftness other than Rapid Flow is a plus in my book. - The damage increase with swiftness may be too much as it gives the PvE scene another damage modifier. I personally just see a permanent damage boost (especially combined with Glint Swiftness Facet) too much.
  • I also like your suggestion regarding Brutality - A general reliable boon rip other than Glint F2 would be great. Maybe have Brutality prioritize Stability but then affect other boons if Stability is not currently not on the target. If that's too much, you can leave as it is and maybe have Brutality affect Defiance bars so PvE can get some more benefit from it as well.

In regards to Battle Scars:

• The first 2 traits (Battle Scarred and Thrill of Combat) really aren't very good as a standalone. I would suggest just combining them in to one trait and I don't think it would be overpowered. Like a suggestion above, maybe just make Thrill of Combat a minor and call it a day. This can open up another trait slot.
  • If we're looking at other professions, Necro Vampiric Presence is superior in almost every way. It only needs one trait and gives it to 5 targets. Not only that, the scaling is so much better than PvP Battle Scars.
  • As many have stated, the PvP numbers for Battle Scars in general is pretty bad. When this first got changed and saw the numbers, I was thinking "Oh, their just keeping them low for testing purposes and then will change in the future". Well, 10 months later, still hasn't been touched. So I agree it needs to be changed, but not the base numbers - I think the scaling should be increased to differentiate the benefits for a Power Rev and Condi Rev As of now, the power damage and healing coefficients are at a TERRIBLE 0.003. If you increase the power coefficient to say 0.05, you can get to around 160 damage per Battle Scar with 2000 power. I would probably buff the healing coefficient to something around 0.03 - 0.04 as well.

Lastly, I think Unsuspecting Strikes and Swift Termination should be combined into 1 talent, but change values and maybe design. I love Ying/Yang talents from other games and this scenario is perfect for one. In this case, you can have different effects that will change depending upon a health threshold. So for example, you can do something like: You deal 10% more damage to enemies above 50% health. You take 10% less damage from enemies below 50% health." you can also flip it and make it your health - "You deal 10% more damage when you are below 50% health and you take 10% less damage when above 50% health". I understand this may affect PvE, but the concept still remains. Ying/Yang talents should be implemented. The concept, numbers, and percentages can be adjusted.

Anyway, I'm sure we won't see any changes to traitlines until new expansion. Hopefully they touch all the underperforming traits then. I'm more of an advocate to improve existing systems and a broad trait revisit for all professions should be a priority for the expansion.

I'm eager to see if we can have more discussion about this.