How do you get out of binding roots on a minstrel support?

Veprovina.4876

Couldn't have this just been a normal root skill? I have to wail on it for far too long being defensless while rangers just pew pew on me.

Also it doesn't last just 4 seconds unless destroyed, it lasts until destoryed. This is obviously a bug.Fun fact - if a ranger entangles you from land and you happen to be in water, you're defensless because you can't attack them to get free, even if you're submerged and have a weapon, you're considered "on land" or something so your underwater weapons don't work. And they don't have a timer apparently, or it's a very buggy one, so you've just become a free kill.Furthermore, single target weapons without splash damage need to be retargeted to it and you can't tab to the roots so good luck hitting them.

Can't this be a slighly stronger than normal root skill that doesn't require damage to get out of?Who's the brain behind this skill, i mean seriously.

I don't come across it much honestly, but whenever i'm rooted, i'm not DPS i can't get out of it. And yes, minstrels is tanky, but not that tanky.

Is this supposed to be like that or what? Cause it looks horribly bugged to me. 4 seconds duration "unless" destroyed doesn't seem to be the case.Anyone else can chime in? What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?

Which class? Minstrel doesn't mean anything.

Guardians can use tome 3 skill 4 for resistance. Alternatively, you can also take contemplation of purity if your group is that lacking because immob converts into resistance. Scrappers convert immob with purity of purpose so there shouldn't be a problem with that. (use cleanse gyro). Eles can use staff 4 + dodge + lightning flash

If you fail all that, then just run durability runes /w cleansing sigils.

i'm nearly sure that i had my firebrand been entangled despite having stab up and trying to spam cleanses. u have to put symbols to actually dmg the roots to get out of them sometimes, i don't know why tho bc it should not work alike. didn't have this lately tho, last time been like half a year ago.

it's rather rare that this happens, rangers only get close enough to do this anyways when they accompany a way bigger group than yours is.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Couldn't have this just been a normal root skill? I have to wail on it for far too long being defensless while rangers just pew pew on me.

Also it doesn't last just 4 seconds unless destroyed, it lasts until destoryed. This is obviously a bug.Fun fact - if a ranger entangles you from land and you happen to be in water, you're defensless because you can't attack them to get free, even if you're submerged and have a weapon, you're considered "on land" or something so your underwater weapons don't work. And they don't have a timer apparently, or it's a very buggy one, so you've just become a free kill.Furthermore, single target weapons without splash damage need to be retargeted to it and you can't tab to the roots so good luck hitting them.

Can't this be a slighly stronger than normal root skill that doesn't require damage to get out of?Who's the brain behind this skill, i mean seriously.

I don't come across it much honestly, but whenever i'm rooted, i'm not DPS i can't get out of it. And yes, minstrels is tanky, but not that tanky.

Is this supposed to be like that or what? Cause it looks horribly bugged to me. 4 seconds duration "unless" destroyed doesn't seem to be the case.Anyone else can chime in? What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?

You cleanse and move at the same time same as any other condition. Simple as that.

@Zero.3871 said:yes, this skill is buggy since ever and people complaint about for long but anet dont care. dont expect anything getting changed.

I'm not expecting anyting, i'm just wondering what to do if i get caught again. If it's buggy then i guess it's mostly luck then.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:You can just pop condi cleanse and move out of it and as a minstrel FB, you are better off sticking with a squad rather than getting caught by a ranger's Entangle. I can get out of it just by using Healing Spring on my ranger, I'm sure a condi cleanse will work with a FB as well.

I'm not playing a Firebrand, i'm Playing Chronomancer. I'm running Restorative illusions trait meaning, all my shatter skills clense conditions, but neiher that nor null field worked. You're supposed to do damage to the roots right? And being a minstrel chrono means even less damage than firebrands so getting out of them kinda takes too long lol.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Which class? Minstrel doesn't mean anything.

Guardians can use tome 3 skill 4 for resistance. Alternatively, you can also take contemplation of purity if your group is that lacking because immob converts into resistance. Scrappers convert immob with purity of purpose so there shouldn't be a problem with that. (use cleanse gyro). Eles can use staff 4 + dodge + lightning flash

Minstrel Chrono, sorry should have been more specific.But the problem is, i tried clensing but it didn't work. My shatters clense, i have null field, you just have to do damage to the roots. Cleansing didn't work, that's why i was asking wha to do. And i do run durability runes.

Was this a bug then? Cause it seemed weird to me as well, i got caught in roots before, but they've never been so strong and lasted that long... Idk what happened.

@"LetoII.3782" said:Somebody get on a "how to blobling" video plz

@Dawdler.8521 said:The real question is how do you get into binding roots as a minstrel support in the first place.

Yeah, that wasn't the point. The situation was me running back to the blob i was with. We were doing a guild raid, and i had to afk, then got back and went to where they were. I got dismounted then rooted. But the point was, it was impossible to get out of them with clenses or damage. Damage did work, but by the time you destroy the roots with minstrel's damage, you're already dead. Why didn't the clenses work though, that was the point. I'm not running around roaming on minstrel's lol. :sweat_smile:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:i'm nearly sure that i had my firebrand been entangled despite having stab up and trying to spam cleanses. u have to put symbols to actually dmg the roots to get out of them sometimes, i don't know why tho bc it should not work alike. didn't have this lately tho, last time been like half a year ago.

it's rather rare that this happens, rangers only get close enough to do this anyways when they accompany a way bigger group than yours is.

I didn't have stab, but clenses didn't work, and yeah, you're suposed to damage the roots. The problem is - support doesn't really have that much damage.This was an isolated incident though, idk if something changed or what, but it just felt weird. I'm not bothered by it when i get rooted in blobs, it's easy enough to deal damage to them in blobs, or at least you have protection when you 1dmg 3dmg 6crit them yourself haha. :tongue: Idk, for all i know that person could have been hacking. Or it's a badly designed skill. All in all, it doesn't happen so much, i was just wondering what the duck happened that time.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Couldn't have this just been a normal root skill? I have to wail on it for far too long being defensless while rangers just pew pew on me.

You cleanse and move at the same time same as any other condition. Simple as that.

Clenses don't work. Or at least didn't in that case. It's why i made the thread.

Anyway, thank you all for your responses, guess it was a one time weird thing.

@Veprovina.4876 said:What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?Or maybe, just maybe... its the perfect counter for bunkers that dont do any damage.

To add to the cleanse and move part, the correct way is of course cleanse and dodge. One or two dodges after cleansing takes you out of the AoE while avoiding the application of the next root. No need for damage. Trying to run out of it will just get you rooted again.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?Or maybe,
just maybe
... its the perfect counter for bunkers that dont do any damage.

To add to the cleanse and move part, the correct way is of course cleanse and
dodge
. One or two dodges after cleansing takes you out of the AoE while avoiding the application of the next root. No need for damage. Trying to run out of it will just get you rooted again.

I don't have a problem with the skill itself really, i have a problem with it bugging out while not being able to damage it OR clense it. Did you read my post? I was stuck with it in water while not being able to do anything. I don't think that's a good "counter" or even intended behaviour.

If i could just clense it, fine, i'd be even fine with needing to do 2 clenses for it, 1 for roots, another for the condition effect. But nothing i did worked. If that's a counter to bunkers, it's not really a fair one.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I don't have a problem with the skill itself really, i have a problem with it bugging out while not being able to damage it OR clense it. Did you read my post? I was stuck with it in water while not being able to do anything. I don't think that's a good "counter" or even intended behaviour.If i could just clense it, fine, i'd be even fine with needing to do 2 clenses for it, 1 for roots, another for the condition effect. But nothing i did worked. If that's a counter to bunkers, it's not really a fair one.

Well underwater is more complicated because we are not used to use dodge underwater. It is true because we move slower underwater you can't cleanse and move, you need to do as Dawdler said: Cleanse followed by a Dodge and keep moving forward

On land is enough to cleanse while pressing W if you have any sort of swiftness or movement speed increase on you.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:Somebody get on a "how to blobling" video plz

@Dawdler.8521 said:The real question is how do you get into binding roots as a minstrel support in the first place.

Yeah, that wasn't the point. The situation was me running back to the blob i was with. We were doing a guild raid, and i had to afk, then got back and went to where they were. I got dismounted then rooted. But the point was, it was impossible to get out of them with clenses or damage. Damage did work, but by the time you destroy the roots with minstrel's damage, you're already dead. Why didn't the clenses work though, that was the point. I'm not running around roaming on minstrel's lol. :sweat_smile:

....Hence me saying you need a how to blob video to watch.Escaping a tangling roots is a basic life skill for a support player. In fact, it should be effortless for you as you, in minstrels, are supposed to be the one assisting needier classes at escaping a root.

You've got 4 stars by your name, you've been around for a while. How is this thread even here?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?Or maybe,
just maybe

dodge
. One or two dodges after cleansing takes you out of the AoE while avoiding the application of the next root. No need for damage. Trying to run out of it will just get you rooted again.

I don't have a problem with the skill itself really, i have a problem with it bugging out while not being able to damage it OR clense it. Did you read my post? I was stuck with it in water while not being able to do anything. I don't think that's a good "counter" or even intended behaviour.

If i could just clense it, fine, i'd be even fine with needing to do 2 clenses for it, 1 for roots, another for the condition effect. But nothing i did worked. If that's a counter to bunkers, it's not really a fair one.Many, many skills dont work properly underwater because Anet hasnt deemed it necessary to design the game for underwater combat even after 8 years. Hell my primary underwater weapon as an engineer doesnt even work because most people
swim faster than its projectiles
. On the upside at least rocket boots underwater remain bugged (
sssssssshhhh
). Consider yourself lucky that you could even use your skills and wasnt immobilized just on the surface. And on top of that if you could fight the ranger underwater, what would you do? Rangers are effectively immortal underwater due to pet healing and if they could fight underwater in a 2cm deep puddle they would just to exploit it.

Either way the lesson learned here is never go into the water in the first place. Because there's always something in the water and you dont need to be a Qaggan to figure that out.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:What am i missing? Is this skill just that horrible and bugged right now or what?Or maybe,
just maybe

dodge

If i could just clense it, fine, i'd be even fine with needing to do 2 clenses for it, 1 for roots, another for the condition effect. But nothing i did worked. If that's a counter to bunkers, it's not really a fair one.Many, many skills dont work properly underwater because Anet hasnt deemed it necessary to design the game for underwater combat even after 8 years. Hell my primary underwater weapon as an engineer doesnt even work because most people
swim faster than its projectiles
. On the upside at least rocket boots underwater remain bugged (
sssssssshhhh
). Consider yourself lucky that you could even use your skills and wasnt immobilized just on the surface. And on top of that if you could fight the ranger underwater, what would you do? Rangers are effectively immortal underwater due to pet healing and if they could fight underwater in a 2cm deep puddle they would just to exploit it.

Either way the lesson learned here is never go into the water in the first place. Because there's always something in the water and you dont need to be a Qaggan to figure that out.

I got knocked into the water, but the circumstances don't really matter. I got rooted on ground as well that time and couldn't get out of it either.I got rooted before and yeah, you have to wail on the thing more than on a DPS build, but you can get out and get away or i got killed after or whatever, that's fine, but this time it was just weird behaviour. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the servers because a lot of people in my group were complaining about rubberbanding and i myself got disconnected once that session.

Anyway, i don't have a problem with counters, you shouldn't be able to be good against everything, that's not balance. But someone should look at that skill (and many others to be fair), cause it seems buggy. Like, half of mesmer skills are buggy but they don't negatively impact other players that go against those skills. Just mesmers themselves. This skill seems wonky at the best of times, and severely impacts players that have to deal with it at the worst.

Cause i don't think it consistently works like it says it does. You can't clense it, it doesn't last only 4 seconds it lasts more, sometimes you can't even attack the roots themselves to get out of them, i mean, you have to admit it seems wonky sometimes. Idk if that's because of server lag or something, but it's not just "it's a counter to X build", it's more than that.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I got knocked into the water, but the circumstances don't really matter. I got rooted on ground as well that time and couldn't get out of it either.I got rooted before and yeah, you have to wail on the thing more than on a DPS build, but you can get out and get away or i got killed after or whatever, that's fine, but this time it was just weird behaviour. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the servers because a lot of people in my group were complaining about rubberbanding and i myself got disconnected once that session.Well rubberbanding and lag will definitely mess up the effects, but not only for the roots.

Anyway, i don't have a problem with counters, you shouldn't be able to be good against everything, that's not balance. But someone should look at that skill (and many others to be fair), cause it seems buggy. Like, half of mesmer skills are buggy but they don't negatively impact other players that go against those skills. Just mesmers themselves. This skill seems wonky at the best of times, and severely impacts players that have to deal with it at the worst.Cause i don't think it consistently works like it says it does. You can't clense it, it doesn't last only 4 seconds it lasts more, sometimes you can't even attack the roots themselves to get out of them, i mean, you have to admit it seems wonky sometimes. Idk if that's because of server lag or something, but it's not just "it's a counter to X build", it's more than that.As i said, in land is enough to cleanse while pressing W as far as you have some kind of movement speed buff on you (+25% movement speed by traits is enough). If you are chilled, crippled or have any movement impaired condition on you then you need to cleanse followed by a dodge.

I agree Ancient Seeds (the reason you got rooted in the water) trait is a very unfun trait and should be removed from the game, but not because the roots are overpowered but because of the spam of immobilize that trait brings.

The effect is not wonky, it works as designed. You should keep in mind there are two different type of roots which many peeps don't realize because not understanding the ranger class, it is easier just to hate and don't question.

Entangle : This roots apply 2s of immobilize each pulse which will translate in longer duration if you allow the full duration to take effect as each pulse accumulate with the next.Ancient Seeds : This roots apply 1s immobilize each pulse which will make the condition to be gone after the 5 pulses.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't have a problem with the skill itself really, i have a problem with it bugging out while not being able to damage it OR clense it. Did you read my post? I was stuck with it in water while not being able to do anything. I don't think that's a good "counter" or even intended behaviour.If i could just clense it, fine, i'd be even fine with needing to do 2 clenses for it, 1 for roots, another for the condition effect. But nothing i did worked. If that's a counter to bunkers, it's not really a fair one.

Well underwater is more complicated because we are not used to use dodge underwater. It is true because we move slower underwater you can't cleanse and move, you need to do as Dawdler said:
Cleanse followed by a Dodge and keep moving forward

On land is enough to cleanse while pressing W
if you have any sort of swiftness or movement speed increase on you.

@LetoII.3782 said:Somebody get on a "how to blobling" video plz

@"Dawdler.8521" said:The real question is how do you get into binding roots as a minstrel support in the first place.

....Hence me saying you need a how to blob video to watch.Escaping a tangling roots is a basic life skill for a support player. In fact, it should be effortless for you as you, in minstrels, are supposed to be the one assisting needier classes at escaping a root.

You've got 4 stars by your name, you've been around for a while. How is this thread even here?

How are people not reading that i tried clensing and it didn't work. How many times do i need to repeat that?I don't usually have a problem with it, but this time it was like nothing worked. Like i said already like 5 times now. Yet people are focused on telling me "cleanse and dodge". It was impossible to clense it.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I got knocked into the water, but the circumstances don't really matter. I got rooted on ground as well that time and couldn't get out of it either.I got rooted before and yeah, you have to wail on the thing more than on a DPS build, but you can get out and get away or i got killed after or whatever, that's fine, but this time it was just weird behaviour. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the servers because a lot of people in my group were complaining about rubberbanding and i myself got disconnected once that session.Well rubberbanding and lag will definitely mess up the effects, but not only for the roots.

Anyway, i don't have a problem with counters, you shouldn't be able to be good against everything, that's not balance. But someone should look at that skill (and many others to be fair), cause it seems buggy. Like, half of mesmer skills are buggy but they don't negatively impact other players that go against those skills. Just mesmers themselves. This skill seems wonky at the best of times, and severely impacts players that have to deal with it at the worst.Cause i don't think it consistently works like it says it does. You can't clense it, it doesn't last only 4 seconds it lasts more, sometimes you can't even attack the roots themselves to get out of them, i mean, you have to admit it seems wonky sometimes. Idk if that's because of server lag or something, but it's not just "it's a counter to X build", it's more than that.As i said, in land is enough to cleanse while pressing W as far as you have some kind of movement speed buff on you (+25% movement speed by traits is enough). If you are chilled, crippled or have any movement impaired condition on you then you need to cleanse followed by a dodge.

I agree
(the reason you got rooted in the water) trait is a very unfun trait and should be removed from the game, but not because the roots are overpowered but because of the spam of immobilize that trait brings.

The effect is not wonky, it works as designed. You should keep in mind there are two different type of roots which many peeps don't realize because not understanding the ranger class, it is easier just to hate and don't question.

: This roots apply 2s of immobilize each pulse which will translate in longer duration if you allow the full duration to take effect as each pulse accumulate with the next.
: This roots apply 1s immobilize each pulse which will make the condition to be gone after the 5 pulses.

Again, what hate? I said i don't have a problem with the skill existing, i said i don't mind it, i just said it behaved weird that time. The ranger was on land btw when i got rooted in the water if that has anything to do with it. But no one can tell me that wasn't wonky as hell because i was not able to clense it or destroy it because i couldn't attack.

If that was just server lag, cool, i got my answer. But please everyone read what i wrote and respond to that instead of glancing through posts repeating yourselves.

To summarize and to avoid any confusion:

• i don't hate the skill, nor am i saying it should be removed just looked at because it doesn't seem to function the way it's supposed to. Any skill that you can't get out of by any means isn't "working as intended".
  • i couldn't clense the roots, and i'm a build with tons of clenses. no clenses worked - hence the thread. don't tell me to clense and dodge because i could netiher attack the roots in water, nor could i clense them. attacking the roots on land works only by skills that have aoe or splash damage, if you happen to have none of that, you can't target the roots efficiently or sometimes at all. this is not a problem though, all professions have some sort of aoe or splas skill. the problem is not clensing it.
  • if this was server lag - that's perfectly understandable, and honestly would explain a lot of what happened, so i'll take that as accepted answer. because usualy i can damage the roots to get out of them but clenses never worked on it, at least not for me.
  • i don't have a problem with something being a hard counter for something else. that's how it should be. i have a problem only when there's nothing you can do about it like it happened this time. again, server lag explains a lot here.

Minstrel Chrono, sorry should have been more specific.But the problem is, i tried clensing but it didn't work. My shatters clense, i have null field, you just have to do damage to the roots. Cleansing didn't work, that's why i was asking wha to do. And i do run durability runes.

Was this a bug then? Cause it seemed weird to me as well, i got caught in roots before, but they've never been so strong and lasted that long... Idk what happened.

Null and the shatter cleanse only deal with 1 condi at a time. Considering you'll never have just 1 condi on you, it's not going to be very effective. So you can use cleansing sigils. (I think sword 3, x2 staff 2, or blink should work after?). I've never really paid attention to if teles deal with it.

Or, your firebrand isn't doing their job; in which case you gotta take stuff like cleanse mantra.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Null and the shatter cleanse only deal with 1 condi at a time. Considering you'll never have just 1 condi on you, it's not going to be very effective. So you can use cleansing sigils. (I think sword 3, x2 staff 2, or blink should work after?). I've never really paid attention to if teles deal with it.

Or, your firebrand isn't doing their job; in which case you gotta take stuff like cleanse mantra.

Hmm, sword 3 should work but that skill is super bugged at the best of times. But thanks, didn't occur to me. When i was in water i had water weapons and couldn't use them, but i'll try it on land next time. I don't use blink though, i'm built for group fights, blink isn't very useful there.

And there was no FB, i was alone, on my way to the group.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Hmm, sword 3 should work but that skill is super bugged at the best of times. But thanks, didn't occur to me. When i was in water i had water weapons and couldn't use them, but i'll try it on land next time. I don't use blink though, i'm built for group fights, blink isn't very useful there.

If you're alone, then you shouldn't be a support build at all because there is no one to support. You should have a "moving build" on 1 template. For example,Mirror, Decoy, Cleanse Mantra, Blink, Mass Invis + Torch with cleanse/energy sigils on both sets; your opponent shouldn't even see you for long after you get dismounted. Your alternate weapons don't even have to be ascended or have any good stats because it's just meant to avoid combat.

Remember that any build you pick up online assumes you have full comps; if you don't, you need to gear for self sufficiency, depending on your trust in the group.

Mesmer cleanses are admittingly kinda crap, so you just have to deal with that.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

If you're alone, then you shouldn't be a support build at all because there is no one to support. You should have a "moving build" on 1 template. For example, Decoy, Cleanse Mantra, Blink, Mass Invis + Torch; your opponent shouldn't even see you for long after you get dismounted.

Remember that any build you pick up online assumes you have full comps; if you don't, you need to gear for self sufficiency, depending on your trust in the group.

Mesmer cleanses are admittingly kinda kitten, so you just have to deal with that.

I didn't pick that build online, i made it myself with discussions from my guild. The online builds are weird and don't really synergize well. But the introduction of warclaw largely eliminated the need for "moving build" don't you think? I mean, i have a roaming build, but i can't switch to it when being chased if my group wiped or stuff like that. If i'm dismounted when starting from a waypoint, then yeah, it's a case for having a moving build to start with but i didn't see many players with that skill. So it doesn't seem worthwile to me. But there's shortcuts for switching builds i think so it's not like it's a drag to do. Though, if you get to a group and they're mid fight, you need to stop, change the build again to be able to join first, which even if fast, takes some time. I guess it depends on the situation.

Usually with roots, i can get away normally, takes a while to break them, but then you can dodge after, and either engage or run away. Depends on who is chasing me, i can sometimes tank the hits long enough to disengage or whatever.

All od that though never bothers me. If someone kills me en route to where i want to be, cool, it's WvW, i did that too when i roamed.What bothers me is the buggy nature of the skill. Though, i probably shouldn't expect anything until the xpac, so it is what it is. It's rare enough to not be annyoing so next time it happens if it stops me from attacking or can't be clensed i'll just say "thanks anet" and move on. Nothing really i can do about it.

I didn't pick that build online, i made it myself with discussions from my guild. The online builds are weird and don't really synergize well.

Whatever. Point is it doesn't work when it's put in situations it was never meant to handle.

But the introduction of warclaw largely eliminated the need for "moving build" don't you think?

Well, why does this thread even exist then? Dismounts exists too and sometimes you do have to fight your way to your group.

Though, if you get to a group and they're mid fight, you need to stop, change the build again to be able to join first, which even if fast, takes some time. I guess it depends on the situation.

What are you doing so that you can't spare 2 button presses? Also having a suboptimal build for your group is better than not making it to your group at all.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to hear. Neither of your condi cleanses work against immobilize because they don't clear enough condis at once. It would not even suffice against non-roots a lot of the time either. That's not a bug. Yes roots is a terrible mechanic, but I doubt your group cares about that when they're one down.

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:

I didn't pick that build online, i made it myself with discussions from my guild. The online builds are weird and don't really synergize well.

Whatever. Point is it doesn't work when it's put in situations it was never meant to handle.

But the introduction of warclaw largely eliminated the need for "moving build" don't you think?

Well, why does this thread even exist then? Dismounts exists too and sometimes you do have to fight your way to your group.

Though, if you get to a group and they're mid fight, you need to stop, change the build again to be able to join first, which even if fast, takes some time. I guess it depends on the situation.

What are you doing so that you can't spare 2 button presses? Also having a suboptimal build for your group is better than not making it to your group at all.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to hear. Neither of your condi cleanses work against immobilize because they don't clear enough condis at once. It would not even suffice against non-roots a lot of the time either. Yes roots is a terrible mechanic, but I doubt your group cares about that when they're one down.

The thread exists because - like i've said already, the skill is bugged and sometimes you can't get rid of it by any means. That's all.I didn't even say i dislike the skill, why are you derailing the conversation to be about me here? It's not about my build, i never complained about being killed en route to somewhere. I get pulled a lot as well and dismounted and i never made a thread complaining about those. Those are working as intended and they're fine.

I just said, the skill is bugged, from later responses it was suggested that server lag might have something to do with it which i accepted.Because the bugs have nothing to do with my build.

You're the one that continued to post after the thread was over. :tongue:I don't know what you want me to say. Yes, you're stating the obvious - my group build isn't good for getting to places and 1v1 fights. I mean, ok, yeah, no shit, that was never the complaint. You did point out i can switch it, and if i'm not lazy i just might. Or i might get killed again if i get pulled and can't defend myself with weak minstrels. Whatever. If that happens i won't rush to the forums and it already did some times and i never complained about it. Because that was never the point.

The point is the bug.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:

I mean I'm not sure what you want to hear. Neither of your condi cleanses work against immobilize because they don't clear enough condis at once. It would not even suffice against non-roots a lot of the time either. Yes roots is a terrible mechanic, but I doubt your group cares about that when they're one down.

The thread exists because - like i've said already, the skill is bugged and sometimes you can't get rid of it by any means. That's all.I didn't even say i dislike the skill, why are you derailing the conversation to be about me here? It's not about my build, i never complained about being killed en route to somewhere. I get pulled a lot as well and dismounted and i never made a thread complaining about those. Those are working as intended and they're fine.

I just said, the skill is bugged, from later responses it was suggested that server lag might have something to do with it which i accepted.Because the bugs have nothing to do with my build.

You're the one that continued to post after the thread was over. :tongue:I don't know what you want me to say. Yes, you're stating the obvious - my group build isn't good for getting to places and 1v1 fights. I mean, ok, yeah, no kitten, that was never the complaint. You did point out i can switch it, and if i'm not lazy i just might. Or i might get killed again if i get pulled and can't defend myself with weak minstrels. Whatever. If that happens i won't rush to the forums and it already did some times and i never complained about it. Because that was never the point.

The point is the bug.

You don't own this thread and decides when it ends just because you started it. My advice is relevant to anyone that seeks help on this topic.

It's not a bug and there are people in this very thread that are countering it easily. Like I said again, it's because singular condi clears are not effective due to cover conditions.

I mean, I just came along to tell you how to deal with it completely, while explaining why your current methods are flawed. But since you don't appreciate it, well just sit there and die next time. I don't care either way. Maybe other players will take heed.