What Engineer Elite Spec you wish to see next?

EdwinLi.1284

@"Lynx.9058" said:I like the plague doctor idea, we could use a true condition spec, but I don't know about it using dual maces. Both of our current elite specs are melee, and even core is close/mid range, might be nice to have a true ranged spec. Longbow and lobbing potion/syringe arrows would be cool, or just give it new rifle abilities and make rifle not suck

The main reason why I picked dual maces as weapons was that this would allow a bit more weapon combinations, which is something engineer desperately needs. We are to this point still the class with the least weapon combinations, by far. Even elementalist, which has an extreme amount of weapon skills through their attunement system, gets to have more choices.Core elementalist has 10 different weapon combinations available. Core engineer has 3!

I get your point about us being in need of ranged weapons. But you should consider that a mace doesn't have to be melee in this game.Revenants are using hammers at range, mesmers are using greatswords for that purpose.Considering that engineers have many ways to alter weapons, I think we can make "traditionally melee" weapons ranged instead.

Like a plague doctor could use maces as a gas dispenser.Or as someone suggested in another thread, using maces as an alchemical stick grenade.https://www.hill-interiors.com/images/giant/g737.jpg

There are ways to make it work as a ranged weapon, in my opinion.I personally prefer that approach over giving us another 2handed weapon like any of the bows or a staff, since this would just add 1 weapon choice for us and won't allow us to combo a new weapon with pistols/shields.

Especially since our next spec should be a condition damage using support (like scourge has been), this would be a perfect opportunity. Pistol offhand could get used for the condition part of the spec, shield could get used for the support aspect (with the protection trait) or we could use double maces.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of the Great Alchemy, please not another melee weapon. I also agree with Kodama that we should get a dual-wield weapon to increase the combinations of weapon sets possible. I am currently working on a concept called the Tidesurge, which is thematically based on hydropower, tides, tropical storms, the Jade Sea, the Deep Sea Dragon (Selbbub), and the Aetherblade pirates. The Tidesurge would utilize ranged Dual-wield axes.