Can you prove with video thief is strong, not the pro streamer, but YOUR video?

lightstalker.1498

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Tharan.9085" said:Got a 56% thief winrate while mainly playing Troll buildsyour winrate saying your team carry you

definitely, thief has built in good team magnet, when you pick thief, matchmaker ensure you get the best teammates possible.whenever you play other classes opposite is true. trust me.buddy i literally can 1x1 any class in conq and rotate 24/7, but when I got 3 mvp my team just dying at middle. Does it mean my winrate is low because of my gameplay? Nope . Its mean team based game and team winrate. There no own skill and rank ingame where in your team people can't even handle 1x1

I think you are too young to understand statistics or too blind to notice your own mistakessheep logic . Its actually funny to read same as in other competetive games where people play in moba games or FPS with 1/10 stat and win . Definitely statistics say its own skill , yep

you are not giving me statistics but example from 1 game, this is why you dont even begin to understand how it works.buddy nobody give real statistics for anything, even crybabys who talk about how op is thief just playing bad . Idk about what you even trying to talk

he gave you his statistics. you simply are not educated enough to understand its meaning. Its OK.

"i'm trolling and i have 56% winrate as thief" = statistic . No real number, no screenshot where he troll and team didn't carry him , no videos , nothing. Buddy I playing 2h sword berserker and have 99% winrate when I afk on spawn, when enemy team see my name they just too scared and leave match . Real stat, believe me and i'm skilled ,no luck with team

@Alabastrum.9361 said:Winrate only matters in unranked, where to my understanding there is no playerrating based game matchmaker (everyone has the same rating).

But even unranked difficulty can change drastically depending on what time of the day/week you play. The pvp community isnt large enough for it not to matter.

Actually unranked has playerrating too, but it's hidden, and doesn't matter AS MUCH AS RANKED when it comes to finding suitable matches. Like, in unranked you may get paired up with people from a wider range of rating just for the saking of making it fast

Lets cut to the chase and be straight with people. The real question here is "Should Anet balance a profession in PVP around peak performance, or average performance?" This is an old question. So old, in fact, that I remember it being discussed when Grouch was nerfing engineers over and over again because he was an excellent engineer player who would body the competition regardless. I don't think we ever got an answer.

Personally I say we should balance around peak performance, for a couple of reasons. Number one, the people who care most about balance are the hardcore players who can afford to put endless hours into practicing their profession. Everyone else below that level has different concerns, like learning how all of the professions work and how to navigate the U.I. Second, good design at the top tends to trickle down into other modes, whereas broken design at the bottom tends to ruin things the further you go up in the skill ladder. Third, you can't tell someone to work around broken design at the bottom because those problems will be magnified at the top, but you can tell somebody at the bottom to git gud, because that is when their profession will start to shine.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@lare.5129 said:ofc not. Only pro streamers can prove that ANY class is opuse brain, pro streamers only can prove that they more skilled than other players, its nothing to do with class balance

and bad players only can prove that they are less skilled than other players, its nothing to do with class balancefun fact, because of crying on forum anet drop thief nerfs. Ah yes

@"Terrorhuz.4695" said:Tried thief a couple of times.Hated how everything was so incredibly easy, any mistake went unpunished (no matter how hard you kitten up, you can always just dodge away, or stealth away -and shadow rejuvenation will bring you back to 100%-, or teleport away, or steal+unblockable daze that bypasses stab at the last second, or blind at the last second).Didn't touch it again, I was disgusted. Not gonna touch it just to prove a point on the forum.

Let's play a different game: you try another class and then you come back here to tell us how it feels to play a game where people can actually punish you when you make a mistake, instead of having a hundred thousand save-my-butt buttons. Deal?

My experience is holo is good at resets.

You can chain defenses to get away enough to single out a thief on a shiro.

Weavers are good and dodging and running away.

Mirages, well mesmers in general are pretty hard to pin down.

I mean if we play full glass, zero defense on anything we probably cant run away.

Thief has one initiative pool, so after any "good" skill use they have maybe one more, and everything else goes "on cooldown".

The escape buttons lol.....

Just curious, what are the full hundred thousand save-my-butt buttons? (for thief)

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Thief has one initiative pool, so after any "good" skill use they have maybe one more, and everything else goes "on cooldown".that because everyone playing with d/p and p/d . Because of pistol thief have too many survivability, just imagine how skilled you need be to spam blind in face all the time with shadowshot or blackpowder . WOW peak of gameplay and skill while other weapon sets doesn't have anything like that.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Terrorhuz.4695" said:Tried thief a couple of times.Hated how everything was so incredibly easy, any mistake went unpunished (no matter how hard you kitten up, you can always just dodge away, or stealth away -and shadow rejuvenation will bring you back to 100%-, or teleport away, or steal+unblockable daze that bypasses stab at the last second, or blind at the last second).Didn't touch it again, I was disgusted. Not gonna touch it just to prove a point on the forum.

Let's play a different game: you try another class and then you come back here to tell us how it feels to play a game where people can actually punish you when you make a mistake, instead of having a hundred thousand save-my-butt buttons. Deal?

I mean if we play full glass, zero defense on anything we probably cant run away.

Thief has one initiative pool, so after any "good" skill use they have maybe one more, and everything else goes "on cooldown".

Just curious, what are the full hundred thousand save-my-butt buttons? (for thief)

Three dodges with a very long travelled distance+ half a dodge from the signet, teleport which acts as a double stunbreak and also a cleanse, some more evade on dagger storm, one more evade on the healing skill (that, or some 5-6s of stealth, your choice), then even more stealth if you're running d\p (I'm assuming you do) + unblockable blindness here and there 'cause why tf shouldn't we add some more defensive options to thief they don't have anything, + swipe being an unblockable instacast ranged CC that bypasses stab and with the traits has a fairly low recharge time as well.

Forgot anything?

INB4 you're talking about daredevil not core thief. Yes I am.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:Tried thief a couple of times.Hated how everything was so incredibly easy, any mistake went unpunished (no matter how hard you kitten up, you can always just dodge away, or stealth away -and shadow rejuvenation will bring you back to 100%-, or teleport away, or steal+unblockable daze that bypasses stab at the last second, or blind at the last second).Didn't touch it again, I was disgusted. Not gonna touch it just to prove a point on the forum.

Three dodges with a very long travelled distance+ half a dodge from the signet, teleport which acts as a double stunbreak and also a cleanse, some more evade on dagger storm, one more evade on the healing skill (that, or some 5-6s of stealth, your choice), then even more stealth if you're running d\p (I'm assuming you do) + unblockable blindness here and there 'cause why tf shouldn't we add some more defensive options to thief they don't have anything, + swipe being an unblockable instacast ranged CC that bypasses stab and with the traits has a fairly low recharge time as well.

Forgot anything?

you forgot swipe gives ini, 25 endurance and vigor, and if its used on mesmer its plasma, on ranger its water field to blast, warrior gives proj block, thief gives stealth and blind, necro gives aoe fear, also poison applies weakness, and weakness makes enemies deal less dmg so you dont even have to avoid attacks from enemies that have it on.

editalso weapon swap with energy sigil for another 25 energy for more dodges, so you can chain 5 normal dodges quickly, all having 450 range dash

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:Tried thief a couple of times.Hated how everything was so incredibly easy, any mistake went unpunished (no matter how hard you kitten up, you can always just dodge away, or stealth away -and shadow rejuvenation will bring you back to 100%-, or teleport away, or steal+unblockable daze that bypasses stab at the last second, or blind at the last second).Didn't touch it again, I was disgusted. Not gonna touch it just to prove a point on the forum.

Forgot anything?

as I said like 100 times before its problem of D/P weapon set, other weapon sets doesn't have that huge impact

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Forgot anything?

oh, you mean you have problems chasing them down if they want to disengage. This is not wvw. If you stand ground, mesmer boy, you can take out a thief. When a thief beats you, he is a better player. When you lose, you are the lesser player.

@lightstalker.1498 said:

Forgot anything?

oh, you mean you have problems chasing them down if they want to disengage. This is not wvw. If you stand ground, mesmer boy, you can take out a thief. When a thief beats you, he is a better player. When you lose, you are the lesser player.

is this what thief players began telling to themselves ? xd

@lightstalker.1498 said:

Forgot anything?

It turns out thief don't have many save-my-butt buttons then, it's settled. Ok.

@Styros.8931 said:

Forgot anything?

as I said like 100 times before its problem of D/P weapon set, other weapon sets doesn't have that huge impact

Man its obviously u dont like teef weapon kits that include pistols or I'm betting rifle, that's ok as everyone dislikes the playstyles of some kits. Uve mentioned u prefer d/d and s/d and that's cool, so do I but instead of calling players monkeys or braindead for liking those other kits why not simply ask for adjustments to d/d or s/d to bring the up slightly to a more viable place?U say u want d/p and p/d deleted but why ask for kits on ur class that other teef players enjoy simply cuz u dont, plus it decrease build deversity on teef. Asking for slight buffs to the kits u enjoy on teef seems the better option to me.

@Avatar.3568 said:You can't win against a team with a Thief when you don't have one

Naw a slb using gs/bird or warrior and others that play with decapping in mind have enough mobility given the small size of the map to make the thief's decapping way less effective. Problem is doing so is only done by players playing thief as decapping and these days less so +1'ing is all their good for where as players playing soulbeast, warrior and other classes that have great mobility options usually play these classes with another role in mind, even if a decapper is needed. There are classes other than teef that can get node to node in only a few seconds behind thief.

I have seen many comments in these forums where it is said that most players don't know how to play thief, up to 99%. They must have known how to play thief if we can't ever get these same players off the forums asking for thief nerfs. Maybe the real issue is that with what we have left in the community, and specifically outside of MATs because those don't really matter, is that probably a great portion of the population doesn't know how to play with and utilize their thief. I believe that is because no one deep down believes in the idea of a class solely being a plus one and decapper. You can see your dying and dead allies pinging like mad men on the mini map for you to go ahead and rush into the pit of death that is mid, where they failed.