Can this single change save core ele in pvp?

Khalisto.5780

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@"Stallic.2397" said:As of now, Core Ele is penalized for being the jack of all trades. They can do a little bit of everything and yet it never adds up to anything. That's why the Elites are so much better. Tempest and Weaver have a defined role; all you need is One or Two elements to fulfill your goal. No need to even invest in the other two.

For Core Ele to be viable, buff traits to solely affect Core Ele. For Example, every Adept Minor affects a certain Element. As Jack of all trades, add a buff so that all elements play to their advantage.Empowering Flame- Gain 150 Power while in Fire Attunement.
Core Elementalists gain increased power in all attunements
Zephyr's Speed- Move 25% Faster while attuned to air.
Core Elementalists move faster in all attunements
Stone Flesh- Gain 7% Damage Reduction while attuned to Earth.
Core Elementalists gain damage reduction in all attunements
Soothing Mist- You and nearby allies recover health while you are attuned to water.
Core Elementalists recover health while attuned to all attunements.

Give Core Ele a chance to be good at a little bit of everything. These would not be drastic changes, but enough to give an edge. Otherwise, it would always be more advantageous to solely spec into one attunement with an elite specialization, rather than trying to master all elements with Core.

I don't think this "affect core ele only" can be made, i don't think anet wanna go that way too.

Problem is the elites have too much potencial to make a good modifier too good. So they'll have to nerf both elites to the ground to finally bring ele up.

The best idea i had was fill other traits with extra bonus based on other attunents you have equipped

The Core Traitlines definitely need better synergy. Tempest and Weaver has so much better and clear cut synergy than core. For Example, Woven Stride (Weaver) and Cleansing Water. Or Tempest as a whole and Smothering Auras/Cleansing Water. I would love to see better Synergy between Air and Earth Traitlines. Or just a huge buff to Earth since it's probably the worst traitline out of all of them.

But any buff to Core inadvertently buffs Tempest/Weaver as well. The Elites would have to be nerfed then, which would require even more work and analyzing from the Devs. Seems like less hassle to just buff Core and Core alone. If the above idea can't be implemented into traits, then maybe put that idea into an F5? Some type of passive that triggers when you're traited into certain traits. So if you're traited into Fire, then the F5 grants a passive 150 power buff. And if traited into Earth, you get the passive 7% damage reduction as well. Etc, etc.

I never understood why weaver has such an agressive potential but still have easy access to barrier and waterfields.

They should move all that barrier to earth and then deal with a potential super sustain tempest

Honestly they should just buff core ele to viable and then deal with its elites later, we know they're very good nerfing those classes

@Khalisto.5780 said:I never understood why weaver has such an agressive potential but still have easy access to barrier and waterfields.

They should move all that barrier to earth and then deal with a potential super sustain tempest

Honestly they should just buff core ele to viable and then deal with its elites later, we know they're very good nerfing those classes

mb if weaver didnt get 50% max hp as barrier for doing random shit they wouldnt have to keep core ele shit. but what do I know, I dont play ele.But when I fight weaver or core the thing that stands the most is this shitty fucking barrier.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:I never understood why weaver has such an agressive potential but still have easy access to barrier and waterfields.

mb if weaver didnt get 50% max hp as barrier for doing random kitten they wouldnt have to keep core ele kitten. but what do I know, I dont play ele.But when I fight weaver or core the thing that stands the most is this kitten kitten barrier.

Core has no barrier unless it is running sanctuary

@Khalisto.5780 said:

mb if weaver didnt get 50% max hp as barrier for doing random kitten they wouldnt have to keep core ele kitten. but what do I know, I dont play ele.But when I fight weaver or core the thing that stands the most is this kitten kitten barrier.

exactly my point, if you buff core survivability then weaver gets it on top of spammable barriers and gets broken, if you buff core dmg, weaver gets it and abuses the damage while still being tanky due to spammable barrier.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

exactly my point, if you buff core survivability then weaver gets it on top of spammable barriers and gets broken, if you buff core dmg, weaver gets it and abuses the damage while still being tanky due to spammable barrier.

Its can be done if it forces weaver to lose something in return. Providing a barrier on signet use would make signet ele a decent choice while forcing weaver to give up valuable utilities to make use of it. They could also do something like barrier on earth attunement, but give it a 9s icd so weavers cant abuse it. They could also provide a 9s internal cooldown for each element on elemental attunement and providing more access to protection in earth traitline. Right now arcane is better than earth because its protection uptime is superior to earth and it also provides healing might fury and regen.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

Its can be done if it forces weaver to lose something in return. Providing a barrier on signet use would make signet ele a decent choice while forcing weaver to give up valuable utilities to make use of it. They could also do something like barrier on earth attunement, but give it a 9s icd so weavers cant abuse it. They could also provide a 9s internal cooldown for each element on elemental attunement and providing more access to protection in earth traitline. Right now arcane is better than earth because its protection uptime is superior to earth and it also provides healing might fury and regen.

on one hand it could work, on another. can you imagine fighting earth weaver then ? absolute brainless bunker the likes that were never seen before...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

on one hand it could work, on another. can you imagine fighting earth weaver then ? absolute brainless bunker the likes that were never seen before...

Thats why i said they have to move barrier from weaver traitline to earth, at least some of it. So core that lacks survivability gets some and weaver that haa a lot of everything would have to invest one full traitline to get it

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Thats why i said they have to move barrier from weaver traitline to earth, at least some of it. So core that lacks survivability gets some and weaver that haa a lot of everything would have to invest one full traitline to get it

Swap aura share with elemental bastion so tempest has a more clear aura role and water keeps heal options. Swap barrier from invigorating strikes with the endurance generation of earthen blessing. The traitlines arent defined enough, especially with tempest and weaver providing sustain options that water and earth should be providing.

@"Khalisto.5780" said:6 secs attunements cd

This would increase the amount of passive procs and more room to cover your kitten from rotation mistakes

Weaver and tempest remain the same

The only way a class can become competitive is to show incovenience to other professions and that's something your typical forumgoer will never accept, therefore any "passable" suggestion here would end up making the class that much worst , if taken into consideration.

If you expect a non-ele player to come here and give a real working suggestion for the class....well....

You come to ask for help in a part of the forum....where people were even asking for nerfs on tornado.... I mean...c'mon now. At this point I believe that if a 16+ pages thread was mostly ignored, there is little to no hope for the class . Coming on the PvP forum hoping for an open minded feedback won't change that fact.

Now You can either hope one dev or more will start maining ele ( LOL will never happen sorry ) or that several individuals from the discord shadow council start playing ele for their MATs (again no, won't happen ), at this point you can either keep praying for a miracle or just change class, something most people would do at this point or....you keep enjoying ele in silence for what it's worth and will ever be