[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:I don’t think comparing transmute charges in WvW or PvP is the same as comparing Gifts in PvE.

But then Gift if Battle tends to be more efficient to work toward than Gift of Exploration as well. Maybe the competitive scene have it easier in gaining some things when compared to PvE? Although you do have to PvP and who really wants to do that!?!?

Except that you need both to build a Gen 2 legendary.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:I don’t think comparing transmute charges in WvW or PvP is the same as comparing Gifts in PvE.

But then Gift if Battle tends to be more efficient to work toward than Gift of Exploration as well. Maybe the competitive scene have it easier in gaining some things when compared to PvE? Although you do have to PvP and who really wants to do that!?!?

Except that you need both to build a Gen 2 legendary.

You do, and it is easier to get the PvP piece than the PvE piece right? But the comparison was Gifts vs Transmutes and that is not a fair comparison, as, just like Gifts, it is easier to get the Transmutes via playing competitive modes, but unlike Gifts, you do not need to PvE (or a different game mode) for Transmutes.

@"Mungo Zen.9364" said:I don’t think comparing transmute charges in WvW or PvP is the same as comparing Gifts in PvE.

Transmute charges are available through grinding PvE the same as grinding competitive modes, it just happens to be more efficient in competitive modes. Gift of Battle vs Gift of exploration is a fair comparison, as they both relate to similar pursuits. But then Gift if Battle tends to be more efficient to work toward than Gift of Exploration as well. Maybe the competitive scene have it easier in gaining some things when compared to PvE? Although you do have to PvP and who really wants to do that!?!?

That said, I have no issue with the proposal for an alternate way for players to access transmutes. I personally will never buy a transmute charge, but I would buy an unlimited transmute charge. Anet has an opportunity to make money from people who will value a reusable purchase over rebuying a single use item again and again.

You can get Gift of Battle in 8 hours, and in as little as 4 hours with boosters. You can't compare that to how much you have to do for Gift of Exploration.You don't even have to PvP for Gift of Battle, you can just do your dailies every day, kill a few camp guards or a veteran or two and be done with it.So yeah, it's more efficient to work for Gift of Battle, but i woudln't say the competitive scene has anything easier compared to PvE, and certainly not as many things. For legendaries, you can entirely do PvE, but if you do WvW, you need to do PvE as well. Except for Conflux and Transcendence. But the fact that those exist and are PvP and WvW only should give you an idea that Anet wants everyone to do all modes, not just stick to one.

Anyway, that's not the point.

The point is, if they introduce a permanent transmutation charge, there's no place for individual consumable charges. So that's money lost for Anet. It'll never happen.And if they introduce a "pass", it's also a money loss compared to selling consumables. The money "gained on people that never bought charges" is money lost on people that do.

And if you want them for "cheap" (which is what the pass would essentially get you), then just wait for a sale and stock up.

I don't care if they do or don't introduce new ways for charges, i'm not buying them. But it's funny how people easily dismiss a suggestion because "that's not what i want". That's what's available. Either take it or leave it. Suggestions are fine, but when they're so focused on losing money for Anet, you have to realize that it's unlikely to happen.

@"Wisely.4819" said:Heyo, it is my humble hope for Anet to add something akin to a Transmutation Pass, i.e. an item that, once purchased, unlocks unlimited transmuting on a character for a certain time. Juggling transmutation charges is my singular source of anxiety and stress in this game - I just want to be able to wardrobe freely, match with my friends for dungeons or whatever strikes my fancy that moment. Fashion is one of the most fun things for me and it being so limited in Guild Wars, which is a visually awesome game, just makes me sad. I'd honestly rather pay for a gemstore pass than manage transmutation charges in their current state. I know they can be farmed, but it's tedious and I'd rather spend that time actually playing the game. Every other big MMO lets you fashion to your heart's content, so why not Guild Wars?

Take it further, and remove transmutation charges altogether. Switch the business model to "outfit templates" instead, where people can design their own outfits using armor pieces and dyes, then save them as a code.

One of the reasons outfits are so popular is that they're super-easy to swap, while transmuting armor is a pain.

Also, move hairstyles to the wardrobe, and give them the same treatment. ArenaNet would make more money by just selling hairstyles individually, the current model just doesn't work.

Remember, back in 2012, when the PvE wardrobe didn't exist? Lot of people were like "we can't get a wardrobe, ArenaNet would go bankrupt", then we got it and it was a total success, since contrarians were obviously wrong. The easier something is to use, the more popular it will become.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Suggestions are fine, but when they're so focused on losing money for Anet, you have to realize that it's unlikely to happen.

How can you be sure that it would be a net loss for Anet?

How much actual revenue do you think Trans charges are generating? Would it be more or less than Self-Style Hair Kit? Seeing as they made the reusable Hair Kit, which sells for 2500-3000 Gold on the TP, I think this opens an avenue for a similar item for Transmutes.

It may actually be the safest way to add this type of item to the game, as a Ultra Rare drop from BLC that can be traded or sold on the TP.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Suggestions are fine, but when they're so focused on losing money for Anet, you have to realize that it's unlikely to happen.

How can you be sure that it would be a net loss for Anet?

How much actual revenue do you think Trans charges are generating? Would it be more or less than Self-Style Hair Kit? Seeing as they made the reusable Hair Kit, which sells for 2500-3000 Gold on the TP, I think this opens an avenue for a similar item for Transmutes.

It may actually be the safest way to add this type of item to the game, as a Ultra Rare drop from BLC that can be traded or sold on the TP.

Read my previous posts, i explained it all there. It's not about current loss or how many people are buying transmutation charges.It's about potential loss that would have happened when people who are now buying charges - buy a pass type.

With a (let's say) month pass type transmutation, there's no reason for anyone to buy individual ones. There's even less incentive to do so with a permanent one.So a person with a month pass will inevitabely use it more times than they would buy transmutation charges in that same month. Depending on the price of the monthly pass - this can be a slight or a big loss compared to consumable ones. And permanent ones are a loss entirely. Look at this from 10 years perspective. You buy a permanent pass once. It can't cost as much as your house otherwise "huge backlash - how is an item that expensive, not everyone is rich blah blah, why isn't this for everyone". And if it's cheap, people never need to spend money on charges again. Over time that's devastating.

Bottom line is, none of us do market research for Anet, but the fact that they sell a permanent self style kit, but don't sell permanent transmutations should tell you enough that someone somewhere calculated that enough people buy charges per month that making a permanent or temporary one would stop that influx of money or cut it down. Also, look at the nature of what's been sold as permanent. You can change your hair. How many people actually do that often when most of armors remove your hair entirely. Hair kits and the "entire" kits are only some times visible, transmutation charges are always visible. Like i said. Look at this from a perspective of 10 years. It's easy to think, ooh that's not much money so what if i buy a temporary pass... Well it's not that simple.

I mean, if they do put a permanent transmutation kit in the gem store, cool, good for you guys! I have no horse in that race, i'd never buy that, nor do i buy charges now (not that i'm ever short on them anyway). All i'm saying is, you're looking at this from a skewed perspective and expecting maybe too much.

Well, I made the suggestion for anet to see, some folks agreed, that's really all I wanted from this. I would like it, think it would be cool and would buy it. Unless you're an anet employee, you really can't tell whether they will or will not introduce it and how much it would affect their revenue. I have to say some folks are strangely adamant about opposing QoL gimmicks.

I hope anet will consider this item/idea!

@Wisely.4819 said:Well, I made the suggestion for anet to see, some folks agreed, that's really all I wanted from this. I would like it, think it would be cool and would buy it. Unless you're an anet employee, you really can't tell whether they will or will not introduce it and how much it would affect their revenue. I have to say some folks are strangely adamant about opposing QoL gimmicks.

If you look at the Endless Contracts, that's a pretty realistic suggestion.I hope someone from Anet sees that.

what do some people mean they can't be farmed in pve?create new character, map complete the 6 capitals (5 racials + l.a) that is 30 transmutation charges under 1 hour if you somehow fall asleep halfway

repeat as many times as you need

inbefore anyone takes the 30 over-serious, no it's not realistic.then again with experience, and mounts you should go through the maps quite fast

@Wisely.4819 said:Well, I made the suggestion for anet to see, some folks agreed, that's really all I wanted from this. I would like it, think it would be cool and would buy it. Unless you're an anet employee, you really can't tell whether they will or will not introduce it and how much it would affect their revenue. I have to say some folks are strangely adamant about opposing QoL gimmicks.

I doubt many would oppose it really, but you think the idea did not cross their mind? Anet probably believes they will get more money out of you and likeminded people with their current model. Whether that is correct, I have no idea. A company will usually act with its own best interest in mind, not yours.

I just had a fun idea that seamed half reasonable.Suggestion: A kitty room in Eternal Battle Ground (WvW).How?: To keep people from just going there to AFK off the bat, would need a more difficult sort of standard to access it.Solution: To access they'd need something like either all weekly buffs of assisting capturing all big objectives such as keeps and Stone Mist Castle, or be holding all of them at the same time (like when only one world is silly active and flipping the entire map). Would also be reasonable for fancying up a catmander mini accessible there or other things themed after catmanders for the player to get/work toward.

Dear ArenaNet Team,

Guys… I’m getting old. And it become harder for me to see boon durations, conditions on boss, or cooldown counters. In every MMO I’ve played before, I place target frame right next to player frame, so I can easily see that I’m taking damage and/or I have to burst dps boss. I place both player and target frame right above my action bars, so I can easily see my avoidance abilities and/or dps abilities cds are up. If I’m healer, I place party/squad frame close to the center. If I have to track my boons (for ex. Engineer’s Explosive Temper trait buff), I place boon frame right side of my characters head. If I have an additional power bar to track, I place it close to target frame…

Long story short, I use a compact UI and gather every frame I have to see during combat, at the bottom of my screen. In Guild Wars 2, we have to check 3 sides of our screen during combat. GW2 is an action-paced game, and in action paced games, players should focus to the center of screen. I tried to use larger scale in the game, but then I realize I cant see the game:)I know that you are working on next xpack, and you are busy. I’m not suggesting that you can allow addons for this. I’m just suggesting that, PLEASE, let us place and scale this beautiful game’s UI elements separately. And if there is a reason why you are not doing it, please let us know.

Kind regards,

I would rather see wanet deleting definitely transmutation charges. It is just annoying and infuriating to not be able to pass freely from a skins suit to another. Especially if you are Rper or enjoy heavily fashion wars, one of the main aspect of the game. Better to release wardrobe template to save look right now, I prefer paying one time 500 gems for storing 2-3 looks I can switch between freely when I want than regularly buying charges for the sake of changing my chest and pants appearance. The discussion about it is easy in another gamemodes or they have to sell them is plainly non sense, and the system alreadry proven to be faulty. We had before transmutation crystals and stone but it was about merging equipments, then we got charges that are the same but know for skin instead of armor piece. There are plenty way to monetize the game, and no doubt they can find another one if making transmutation free: Selling skill appearance, minions or turrets or pets appearance, selling extra hairs and personalization contracts and so on.

@melandru.3876 said:what do some people mean they can't be farmed in pve?create new character, map complete the 6 capitals (5 racials + l.a) that is 30 transmutation charges under 1 hour if you somehow fall asleep halfway

inbefore anyone takes the 30 over-serious, no it's not realistic.then again with experience, and mounts you should go through the maps quite fast

Not everyone has constantly 5 free character slots (taking your case of earning 30 charges), taking me, only 1 slot left not gonna sacrify my 7 toons for what, 6 charges for each? Your answer prove the system is wrong, better reworking pve to make charges easier to obtain in that gamemode. Rewards tracks on the contrary in wvw as example make you swim in charges and tomes of knowledges. I even consider 0 charges earned by characters: cause when leveling, you may want to already spend those 6 to look more decent even if you aren't 80. If you meant, killing your alt in loop just for 6 charges, it's sad, really. But it is already the case to farm bl keys, which is another bad system too btw.

You shouldn't earn charges or keys by map complete or killing in loop each week your alt but by doing every world boss during the day or after doing a certain numbers of daily event or dungeons would be better and making more sense.

@hugo.4705 said:

@melandru.3876 said:what do some people mean they can't be farmed in pve?create new character, map complete the 6 capitals (5 racials + l.a) that is 30 transmutation charges under 1 hour if you somehow fall asleep halfway

Not everyone has constantly 5 free character slots (taking your case of earning 30 charges), taking me, only 1 slot left not gonna sacrify my 7 toons for what, 6 charges for each? Your answer prove the system is wrong, better reworking pve to make charges easier to obtain in that gamemode. Rewards tracks on the contrary in wvw as example make you swim in charges and tomes of knowledges. I even consider 0 charges earned by characters: cause when leveling, you may want to already spend those 6 to look more decent even if you aren't 80. If you meant, killing your alt in loop just for 6 charges, it's sad, really. But it is already the case to farm bl keys, which is another bad system too btw.

You shouldn't earn charges or keys by map complete or killing in loop each week your alt but by doing every world boss during the day or after doing a certain numbers of daily event or dungeons would be better and making more sense.

you do not need 5 character slotsdo the maps on 1 character, when done just delete that character and create a new oneit's the same as black lion key farming (rip those days) just for transmutation charges.

capitals map very fast when you get the hang off it, mounts only speed this up

jCBSjRv.jpg

Eternal Alchemy, please give us a way to convert Black Lion chest goodies into something else or another consummable more useful! It's always the same things I obtain in those chest of black lion goods! Enough! 38 REVIVE ORBS. 12 REPAIR CANISTERS. 11 MERCHANT AND BANK EXPRESS. 3 SALAVAGE KITS. 2 TRADING POST EXPRESS. 125 FREAKING USELESS MYSTIC FORGE STONES!!!

Since you removed the only item I was interested in from BL chests (Self style hair kit) and that my only source of goodies is those useless chests of black lion good; and assuming that there are players around here that surely have way far more quantities of those useless items; I ask you to add an Npcs to allow converting those BL items into another BL items such as this self hair kit, black lion statuettes or transmut charges as example.

For 125 useless forge stones and 38 revive orbs I estimate I can at least receive in exchange 40 self hair kits and 30 bl statuettes hmm?? If my totally useless stuff above is converted to gems, it represents 9500 + 420 + 385 + 385 + 900 + 100 + 6250 GEMS so in total 17940 GEMS so amazingly and riduculously rich but hehe, in fact 0 right now!!! Even let's say, you want to only give me half for them, it's still 8970 GEMS, oki maybe one third? Still 5980 GEMS.

So What I am asking to put in place is at least a system of conversion respecting the original cost of each items: (This is using gemstore price)Transmutation charge = 30 gems unityMerchant Express = 35 gems unityBank Access Express = 35 gems unityInstant Repair Canister = 35 gems unityTrading Post Express = 50 gems unityMystic Forge Stone = 50 gems unityBox o' Fun = 80 gems unityBlack Lion Chest Key = 125 gems unityRevive Orb = 250 gems unitySelf-Style Hair Kit = 250 gems unityBlack Lion Salvage Kit = 300 hems unity

kUYg7Jcm.jpg

By this chart, with 6 forge stone I have 1 self hair kit. With 5 express trading post I have 2 bl keys. With 10 transmutation charge, a salvage kit.This is also a fair system, it is using the prices indicated on the gemstore itself to determine how many item you can have in exhange of yours.About "the players gonna have ton of bl keys rapidly oh god gonna break the economy!" just false alarm. What's the matter? You have 50 keys and then what? You gonna burn them through chests to get what, 1 or 2 rare item?

Also Honestly, getting 50 statuettes out of them (assuming one statue guaranteed or in each), it's normal, because you trade those gemstore goodies against other goodies. Those items listed above doesn't fall from sky regularly, 4 items thanks to daily reward each month, let's imagine you are extreme lucky, it is 4 times salavage kits, so 1200 gems, for keys it means 8 keys. If you have only charge it is 120 gems almost 1 key, if you have forge stone, 200 so 1 key. Pretty fair if you ask me again, not everyone gonna roll only salavage kit each time, look at my bank, mostly revive orb and mystic stones. Let's say I rolled 2 stones and 2 orbs , 600 gems, equal to 4 keys.WARNING: 8 keys OR ZERO, it you drop 4 transmut charges (extreme bad luck), you only have 4 transmut charges, cannot be converted into the key. In most case, players will have at least 1 keys per month from the chest of black lion good kinda guarenteed.

I'm asking devs to consider this new system: You remove Bl keys from map completion and story steps . Each week, the players will not be able to have a bl key apart if they drop an orb or a salvage kit in that chest of black lion goods: No more need to kill a character or create a new one each week and that's the good thing, because even the player without free slot and not wanting to kill their character will be able to earn a key. Instead of that weekly key in personnal story, put a weekly key as reward of a new weekly rotating achievment: Either do X events, do x world bosses, do X meta events, participate in X activities, run X dungeons. This will revitalize those contents. This is a guaranteed weekly key, so 4 in total in one month.

The calculation is simple: Your earn 1 key each week for doing a weekly achiev. And each week, you have that rng drop of chest of black lion good that can give you 0 or 1 key (more chance of 0). And you have 4 weeks, so apart if you drop transmut charges only, you can have a key at the end of the month by converting the 4 dropped items. It is 5 keys per month or 8 keys if you are extra lucky.

I really want a system to get rid of those pointless items filling my bank.

Dear Arenanet,Please give us more guild slots!

I'm always lacking guild slots and I hate leaving friends behind because I need to leave a guild to join a new one. :CThe game exists for 8+ years now, so during the time, many guilds have started and then became inactive... but I want to keep in touch with those guildies who do still log in. (And sometimes inactive guilds become active again after a while, like one of my old wvw guilds who went on doing active raiding during the summer thanks to covid lockdowns :D)Also, there are now plenty of different ways to experience the game (fractals, pve raids, pve raid training, roleplaying, open world, spvp, wvw, gvg, roaming, or wvw groups making their own 'alliance'guild for better communication, language/nationality-specific guilds, etc) and so 5 slots isn't always enough (esp. with the point above of in-active guilds where you still want to stay in touch).

So please, I beg you, give us more guild slots. <3

Can we have longer character names?People usually have a problem with them, charr mostly.Charr usually have long names, so it would be good if at least charr could have a bigger limit regarding the number of characters in the name.Like, I bought 800 gems today to get the name change contract but before actually buying the contract I checked if I could actually change my charr's name in what I wanted. Turns out the name I wanted exceeds the limit by 1 (and it is honestly frustrating, cause it would have matched his in-game RP name). So yeah, good that I didn't buy the contract yet, but still...Please, increase the limit and thanks!

As a roleplayer, I have a real problem with the 10 mail limit for ALL of my characters. I have to try to shift my RP partners to Discord if they get chatty in mail. Could you please, at least make it 20 for each character? I understand the restrictions on mail to keep people from spamming, but couldn't we have a whitelist feature? I have 3 accounts (2 paid and 1 FTP) and it's really annoying when I'm trying to send items to myself and I get the "excessive mailing" flag.