Ranged weapon buffs in PVE?

Twilightmage.8309

@Yasai.3549 said:

Except ranger. GS + LB on ranger is exceedingly balanced.

Berserker GS + Rifle is okay. Warrior rifle got it's raw damage cut too much in February and rifle. 4 needs to evade before it shoots.

Missing my point entirely.So you mean double 1200-1500 range then?My point is not that Ranged weapons have no weapon compliments at all, my point is that Ranged weapon has no Ranged compliments at all to allow them to keep fighting at range with weapon swap.

To swap into melee after Ranged rotation means to give up Ranged safety.Well if that is the case Warrior does have LB+Rifle, not that it is very good. Guardian has scepter+staff, which can get surprising results. Beyond that your are correct.The only Profession that can sustain full ranged gameplay is probably Rifle Deadeye builds but only due to Ini mechanic.See my above statement.Ps I'm pretty sure Soulbeast power builds run Dagger Axe for quickness Axe 5.

Never seen it. Ever. Every Soulbeast I've seen lately have been meme bow builds. I've hadpeople rage swap to their Soulbeast to get revenge on me lol. Longbow Sic'em everytime. Although I can believe it works.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Berserker GS + Rifle is okay. Warrior rifle got it's raw damage cut too much in February and rifle. 4 needs to evade before it shoots.

Missing my point entirely.So you mean double 1200-1500 range then?My point is not that Ranged weapons have no weapon compliments at all, my point is that Ranged weapon has no Ranged compliments at all to allow them to keep fighting at range with weapon swap.

To swap into melee after Ranged rotation means to give up Ranged safety.Well if that is the case Warrior does have LB+Rifle, not that it is very good. Guardian has scepter+staff, which can get surprising results. Beyond that your are correct.The only Profession that can sustain full ranged gameplay is probably Rifle Deadeye builds but only due to Ini mechanic.See my above statement.Ps I'm pretty sure Soulbeast power builds run Dagger Axe for quickness Axe 5.

Never seen it. Ever. Every Soulbeast I've seen lately have been meme bow builds. I've hadpeople rage swap to their Soulbeast to get revenge on me lol. Longbow Sic'em everytime. Although I can believe it works.

Talking bout PvE.

No one really cares about having great and awesome damage per second in competitive where survival is more valuable than doing best dps in a minute.

In competitive, the flexibility is more valuable.

Rangers especially, use their Longbow in a way shorter than effective range because they need to swap to their melee set in order to continue putting out DPS, mooting the design of an extreme long range weapon in the first place.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Talking bout PvE.

No one really cares about having great and awesome damage per second in competitive where survival is more valuable than doing best dps in a minute.

In competitive, the flexibility is more valuable.

Rangers especially, use their Longbow in a way shorter than effective range because they need to swap to their melee set in order to continue putting out DPS, mooting the design of an extreme long range weapon in the first place.

The best rangers I've seen in competitive use LB for as long as possible to drain away your CDs, even using SlB swoop from a bird pet to maintain distance and only swap to GS at the last second to hit GS5 -> maul.

For PvE? Unless you are speed clearing what does it matter?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not sure if GS really has more cleave than Dagger Axe, but I wanna say Dagger Axe is probably better cleave, especially for fractals.

Longbow actually not bad for cleaving with Ride the Wind, but this is only for Ranger.

Other ranged weapons have pretty bad cleave or not really good for damage.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Not sure if GS really has more cleave than Dagger Axe, but I wanna say Dagger Axe is probably better cleave, especially for fractals.Well, if this is PvE then quickness is coming from elsewhere right? Might as well use Axe MH for split blade and winter's bite then.Longbow actually not bad for cleaving with Ride the Wind, but this is only for Ranger.True storyOther ranged weapons have pretty bad cleave or not really good for damage.Warrior rifle, symbols on guardian, but Warrior rifle isn't winning a DPS race in PvE and guardian scepter is AA is a joke.