People botting in WvW

Xisgun.3687

@Swagger.1459 yeah but i was really not sure, i didn't touch my engi for some months. used to play it in our guild raids often, too much memories. therefore forgot what it can do, and i cannot report someone if i wasn't sure about it. hope someone did report, bc i really cannot remember who it has been. i run simple icons and minimal models for performance, therefore i don't see names unless i klick the char specifically.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Xisgun.3687" said:Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

Anyway, the problem is not that they are difficult to kill, the real problem is their mobility on the map. It makes it difficult to upgrade fortresses and towers, and it is ruining the gaming experience.

We really need an answer for this.Users don't let this post die, we need Anet to advertise for this.

From already thank you very much.

This Does NOTHING.

• 3 weeks later...

Encountered a mesmer in my server hill's alpine bl. Moments before, the enemies were ramming the inner gate, but we used ewp and dealt with them before they went in.

Then a mesmer popped into the lord room, left a portal, jumped out of the keep, never did we see him drop the portal and suddenly 30 enemies were at lord...

Im still trying to figure out how. Prior to the initial attack we kept the objective for 2 hours. No one breached it and you tell me that the lord and the outskirts of the keep are only 5k distance away???

Ofc this is more of a 'hack' issue than botting, but since this thread is about stuff that shouldnt happen in wvw, I mentioned it.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Are ppl using scourge minion build as bots in WvW?I got this 1 guy to chase me off a cliff to his death and then 2nd time made him run after me into murder gate npc who slaughtered him.Some kind of scepter minion build where they start off with dumping tons of condi.

It's probbaly one of the most common I have seen, WvW and sPvP. It's a very carry heavy build, it's tanky, does good dmg, has minions as meat shields etc etc. When you fight them, they almost always just face tank everything and often follow the same path and become predictable. This last weekend I farmed the same one for hours on our home BL, map rotation and run path were always the same, even though I killed them every time, they never tried to evade me, got dismounted in the same location every time etc etc. The annoying part is it's still super effective, as it does this non-stopped, so it almost always has all the south camps capped and will often take north camps if you are busy. It's hard to keep up with something that never takes a break.

There is one more that uses porting, it doesn't even travel, it uses a hack to port straight into the camp, someone else posted a video of someone using this same hack on DBL where it was porting to shrines, right in front of the player, who would kill them, and then it would WP and port back in very short order, making it very obvious.

That is not to say other builds/classes are not used for this, however for a bot/NPC content build, it's hard to beat because it will probably never die to a camp on it's own.

Most bots I run into are guardians or engineers. They tend to have pretty decent damage potential but simple rotations and predictable in their actions.

Warning signs include:

1. Suddenly pathing back to the same point when you are in stealth.
  2. Pathing the exact same route repeatedly.
  3. Performing high damage combos extremely consistently while sticking very closely to you at all times (very robotic in your face gameplay choices, they never kite).

Many bots are also hacking:

1. Speed hacks in combat (jerky teleporting)
  2. Movement hacks (teleporting into objectives or nearby to objectives). A few are smarter and usually teleport out of sight of objectives and then travel normally to the objective, but you see them returning to objectives faster than legitimately possible and from the wrong direction (coming from the direction of your spawn not theirs).

The good news is that most bots aren't that dangerous and the ones that use hacking are doubly annoying but doubly worse at playing.

My server, Gunnar's Hold, has a notorious bot player, a core ranger that always run on foot around, Rachel Cage. The pathing AI it uses is so clever. Avoids RI camps, knows by API when something is available or about to, because we see it change direction radically. It uses the same rotation pattern when engaging or getting engaged into combat. And it makes it hilarious to see real player getting downed to that bot.

@aleron.1438 said:My server, Gunnar's Hold, has a notorious bot player, a core ranger that always run on foot around, Rachel Cage. The pathing AI it uses is so clever. Avoids RI camps, knows by API when something is available or about to, because we see it change direction radically. It uses the same rotation pattern when engaging or getting engaged into combat. And it makes it hilarious to see real player getting downed to that bot.Sounds like he's doing better WvW than many players.

@"aleron.1438" said:My server, Gunnar's Hold, has a notorious bot player, a core ranger that always run on foot around, Rachel Cage. The pathing AI it uses is so clever. Avoids RI camps, knows by API when something is available or about to, because we see it change direction radically. It uses the same rotation pattern when engaging or getting engaged into combat. And it makes it hilarious to see real player getting downed to that bot.Interesting. I've seen that character when we were linked to gunnar's. It's not obvious that this is a bot. Looks just like a bad player if you don't pay too much attention to it.

If this is how far botting has come, then it outshines quite a few real players in terms of "skill".

@XerMeLL.6042 said:

The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.

Npc scouts place a smoke field which can be utilized as combo field by players, granting stealth access to pretty much any class - something to keep in mind when fighting someone inside their own camp/near guards.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.

Npc scouts place a smoke field which can be utilized as combo field by players, granting stealth access to pretty much any class - something to keep in mind when fighting someone inside their own camp/near guards.

please read my succedding comments, and there are videos already of it in youtube.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@aleron.1438 said:My server, Gunnar's Hold, has a notorious bot player, a core ranger that always run on foot around, Rachel Cage. The pathing AI it uses is so clever. Avoids RI camps, knows by API when something is available or about to, because we see it change direction radically. It uses the same rotation pattern when engaging or getting engaged into combat. And it makes it hilarious to see real player getting downed to that bot.Sounds like he's doing better WvW than many players.

The bots have been in gold league pvp for a while now.Fully half the pvp population gets beat by an entirely scripted and predictable rotation. -_-