Volatile Magic Harvesting Sickle not working

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same issues with Volatile Magic Harvesting Sickles purchased with Karma in Dragonfall, Frostbitten Orichalcum Sickles purchased with Karma in Divinity's Reach, and Lucky Dog Harvesting Sickle equipped with Glyph of the Scavenger. These sickles will harvest the plants, but they give no volatile magic, snow flakes or bonus crafting materials, respectively. I have observed these effects in various maps, including Mount Maelstrom Hidden Garden, Driftwood Coast, Home Instance and Guild Hall Nodes. Please fix this bug.

Unbound sickle working:

1. Mt Maelstrom - leeks, near Criterion WP, artichoke farm south of Oxbow Isle WP.
  2. Malchor's Leap - ghost pepper near elder wood farming node, black crocus and omnomberries on hill with energy probe south of Shelter Docks, ghost pepper SE of Waste Hollows WP (in the nook with the Risen Knight)
  3. Southsun Cove - three passiflora nodes around east side of Dappled Shores.

These were my testing locations (near the PSNA ;) ) and not an exhaustive list.

Edit: specifically testing flax farm in VB - all eight nodes gave UM.

@Hesione.9412 said:Unbound sickle working:

1. Mt Maelstrom - leeks, near Criterion WP, artichoke farm south of Oxbow Isle WP.
  2. Malchor's Leap - ghost pepper near elder wood farming node, black crocus and omnomberries on hill with energy probe south of Shelter Docks, ghost pepper SE of Waste Hollows WP (in the nook with the Risen Knight)
  3. Southsun Cove - three passiflora nodes around east side of Dappled Shores.

These were my testing locations (near the PSNA ;) ) and not an exhaustive list.

Edit: specifically testing flax farm in VB - all eight nodes gave UM.

Thanks for posting your results.

I tried my gem store version Unbound Magic Harvesting Blast on all of these nodes -- Mt. Maelstrom leek and asparagus near Criterion WP and troll artichoke farm, Malchor's Leap ghost pepper near Elder wood farm and black crocus and omnonberries middle of the map (the nodes on the hill weren't active for me when I tested), Southsun Cove passiflora, and Verdant Brink flax farm -- and got zero unbound magic from any of them.

I'm having this same exact problem with both my consumable volatile magic harvesting tool and my frostbitten harvesting tool, happened on all maps I tried and in my guild hall and home instance. I did report in the game for both tools, but I'm putting it here as well. My friend is also having this issue with her harvesting tools. She's new to the game so bugs like this where you waste precious karma on things that don't work looks bad... (luckily karma is abundant at the moment, but I did explain that normally it's not as easy to get as it is during the festival.)

The Unbound Harvesting Sickles that I purchased yesterday (12/22/20) from Sun Warming in Bitterfrost Frontier are not producing Unbound Magic. The Unbound Harvesting Sickles that I purchased in November from Queen Bahar in Siren's Landing are still producing Unbound Magic. I know this because I buy Unbound and Volatile Gathering Tools in Bulk and my different characters use them at different rates.

@Chrysaor.6392 said:Definitely dependent on when the sickle was purchased. I had the same character harvest Coral from Siren's Landing with older and newly purchased Unbound Harvesting Sickles.The old Unbound Harvesting Sickle produced Unbound Magic, the new one did not.

The item IDs haven't changed so if that's true, it has to do with some other data stored with the item.I'm experiencing this issue as well, and reported it with the in-game /bug command as suggested. (Europe server)

I just purchased a bundle of volatile gathering tools myself while I was in domain of Kourna, and the axe and pick work just fine, but the sickle did not give me any volatile magic. I've already made a bug report in game via /bug on NA. Hopefully they fix this soon, because it looks like it's been going on for a while now.

@NotTooFoolish.7412 said:That's strange, all of mine are working fine, but I use mostly the infinite ones

The problem appears to be associated with the ones purchased recently. My infinite magic ones are working fine, but I bought those pre-PoF. I karma-traded for some normal volatile magic gathering tools last week. The logging and mining tools give me the expected vm, but not the foraging one. I keep hoping for an update from Anet re an ETA on a fix, but haven't seen anything posted. The bug has been present for almost a month, and appears to pre-date the Wintersday patch.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a ticket 19 days ago and was sent the following reply less than an hour later."I have looked into this issue and it appears the development team is aware of the matter and working on a solution as quickly as possible. We do not currently have a time frame for this fix, so please keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum) for any updates. We appreciate your information and patience while we work on this issue."