PVP (Ranked) Bot Problem

Tashigi.3159

Could we put a restriction on ranked matches? This bot issue is getting out of hand. I'm getting paired with bots half of my matches.Make it so people can only do ranked after they've reached a certain level in SPVP before they can zone in to ranked matches or make it so the reporting system actually does something for once.

Many of the bots are silver, gold and a few are even above. If you mean level by league rank, they're quite high. If you mean level by total PVP experience, bots usually rack up 2000+ games per season, so they have very high PvP levels. The only thing to do would be for anet to start to take the report function seriously, or to at least introduce a filter that takes a look at any account achieving an unrealistic high number of PVP matches each season. If a player is playing ranked PvP 20+ hours a day, for weeks on end without sleeping, eating or working, that should be raising red flags... yet the same accounts have been around for months, if not years, and ANet still hasn't dealt with them. ):

PvP has a number of issues ongoing at the moment. Botting and even hacking based on videos on youtube. I think that the mode has lacked some love from Anet which is such a shame as I think the GW2 PvP has such good potential. Getting rid of bots and hackers would make the mode so much better I think as more and more people will see it as worthwhile and play PvP. In turns, this would fix the matchmaking problems that we can have and stop heavily lop-sided matches. 47 to 500. That's not an even match..

with how things are ... i just doubt Anet are going to do anything.. they dont seem like they want nor they care about pvp..
perhaps its time to quit gw2 or take unlimited pause untill they decide to fix pvp and get rid of the hackers/bots..there isnt even 1 game anymore where you wont see a bot or hacker.. there is just no point in playing anymore.. this is no longer pvp based of skills or place where you can improve and practice.. this is pure rng about the bots are on your side or enemy team and if you fight against hacker or not.. i will not be buying the upcoming expansion.. as i dont think Anet deserve my money and support anymore.. the game is simply dead

@Filip.7463 said:

@Filip.7463 said:Bot is better than average player. Get better, you wont meet them in plat (Maybe you stop meeting them even in g2-3)

wrong. they are in plat aswell !

Maybe on NA servers, never met one on EU

im in EU and im telling you they go all the way to plat . or idk if they are actually plat.. but if you are plat you still gonna see bots and definitely tons of hackers.

@noiwk.2760 said:

@Filip.7463 said:Bot is better than average player. Get better, you wont meet them in plat (Maybe you stop meeting them even in g2-3)

im in EU and im telling you they go all the way to plat . or idk if they are actually plat.. but if you are plat you still gonna see bots and definitely tons of hackers.

then you have never been plat, here is no bots and i have never seen a hacker even if i do 500+ matches a season ? i saw some teleporters in local arena, but never in ranked match. Idk how teleporting would help then win a match.

@Filip.7463 said:

then you have never been plat, here is no bots and i have never seen a hacker even if i do 500+ matches a season ? i saw some teleporters in local arena, but never in ranked match. Idk how teleporting would help then win a match.

you dont know how instantly teleporting from one node to another could help you win the game?I personally saw several necros TP hacking and I was suspicious of couple of thiefs but you thief you can never really tell with them.2-3 seasons I go I played with the same bot 3 games in a row ( plat 2 )And tbh its not too hard to tp hack, you can stealth as thief and tp anywhere you want and nobody can really suspect you, just run shadowportal and nobody will ever know.Or be OOC,as anything with stealth, stealth tp wherever the fuck you want and nobody will know.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you dont know how instantly teleporting from one node to another could help you win the game?I personally saw several necros TP hacking and I was suspicious of couple of thiefs but you thief you can never really tell with them.2-3 seasons I go I played with the same bot 3 games in a row ( plat 2 )And tbh its not too hard to tp hack, you can stealth as thief and tp anywhere you want and nobody can really suspect you, just run shadowportal and nobody will ever know.Or be OOC,as anything with stealth, stealth tp wherever the kitten you want and nobody will know.

exactly that.. but i dont even bother to answer that other person.. hes either just blind or jsut bsing

@Tashigi.3159 said:Could we put a restriction on ranked matches? This bot issue is getting out of hand. I'm getting paired with bots half of my matches.Make it so people can only do ranked after they've reached a certain level in SPVP before they can zone in to ranked matches or make it so the reporting system actually does something for once.

Yea i've uninstalled the game today because I don't want to get mad about losing games where my team has atleast 1 in them , it really got tiresome. Every 2 games atleast 1-2 bots in ranked games , they ruined my calibration aswell today, there alot of better games out there gonna play the New World Alpha till the BETA and then im moving completely there , maybe I will check back to see the expansion for this game but doubtful as by the looks of it the state of this game is pretty much dead and ignored by the devs especially WvW and PvP.

It's been years and years and they didn't add anything new instead they let rampant bots run the game , it's funny because people got banned for receiving 25 gold yet BOTS don't seem to get banned at all.

Played this game on and off since day 1 but even for a f2p game it's not worth it anymore. Gl with the bots lads and hf

Why are bots so prevalent in pvp matches? The rewards.Why is the pvp lobbies so anemic? Lack of updates & balance

The reward system is nice. But rewards per day could be limited. Nothing that a normal player would notice but would effect a person who is botting pvp all day.

One could argue that you would encounter less bots if there were more people playing the game mode. Balance updates, new maps, and new game modes would go a long way. Game modes would help a ton and have them available all the time. Just a few ideas that could spice things up would be a Capture Point Push Game Mode, Payload Push Game Mode, VIP Game Mode, and King of the Hill Game Mode. Also while match making is nice in all why not have the ability to bypass it and jump straight into a game?

Some games make all their money from pvp. Granted they are not mmo's but maybe the mmo's are doing it wrong...

@Martnor.1746 said:PvP has a number of issues ongoing at the moment. Botting and even hacking based on videos on youtube. I think that the mode has lacked some love from Anet which is such a shame as I think the GW2 PvP has such good potential. Getting rid of bots and hackers would make the mode so much better I think as more and more people will see it as worthwhile and play PvP. In turns, this would fix the matchmaking problems that we can have and stop heavily lop-sided matches. 47 to 500. That's not an even match..

wait till you get 500-0'd like i did earlier on

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe anet wants the bots. Taking the player numbers in sPvP there would be 20min+ queues even for silver/gold players if there wouldn't be bots. Just saying.

• Anet is doing things to fight this...they add rewards (gold income is ridicolous high in sPvP) and force player to play it to get legendaries. Just not enough i guess.

@"Kaga.7629" said:i did a very long and detailed post about the bot problem more than 2 years ago. People at first thought it was trollage. Obviously 2 years later, nothing has been done.read it and weep : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Let-s-talk-about-the-spvp-bot-array

Being absolute about anything is a bad trait. To me you look like Case 0 and the guys who told you that you were trolling, a bunch of clowns and deniers (at first at least). I guess you would have swayed them more quickly if you had some visual evidence. In any case, pretty sure they don't enjoy the bots now. None of us does.

I postponed finishing my legendary set which is a shame because I'd have it done by the end of this season. I'm gonna wait it out till ANet starts doing their job because I don't want to tilt that much. It's too hard to have fun from PvP when you play either vs bots, with bots or both at once. It is called PvP for a reason, if I wanted to play with bots I would play single player games.

Now tell me a good reason a new comer would work his ass to get better just to play the game as intended?

Why not just play another game?

Even if he gets better he'll jump from bot matches to rng against high plat duos

Countless times I've played against top 50 duos sitting at 1380, funny thing a lot of those times my team hasnt had a duo

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Now tell me a good reason a new comer would work his kitten to get better just to play the game as intended?

Why not just play another game?

Even if he gets better he'll jump from bot matches to rng against high plat duos

Countless times I've played against top 50 duos sitting at 1380, funny thing a lot of those times my team hasnt had a duo

its good they play against bots on start, so they dont fuck up anyone and by climbing rank points they meet every time less bots until full real player teams