Anyone Else Have a Large Download? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anyone Else Have a Large Download?

Just me or is there a large download to enter the game?

<1

Comments

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is indeed a good sized patch. Technically you can enter as soon as you reach the "Playable" point but I prefer to get it all in before I load into game, to avoid lag and missing bits.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Uhm. It is called a patch...

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭

I'm about 1GB in; I'd estimate maybe another 1GB to go.

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• 50% here and 1GB downloaded.

• Fermi.2409Fermi.2409 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, at 1GB with about half of the files left. It's annoying though, the first ~220 MB saturated my connection (240mbps) but now I'm only downloading at 2MB/s with frequent drops lower

i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz (1.32V) | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64 | Ducky Zero MX Blue | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

• @costepj.5120 said:
    I'm about 1GB in; I'd estimate maybe another 1GB to go.

Thanks for the size of the update!

• I'll just echo the same on the size. It's okay! We'll all be there very soon. =)

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• Is for you guys DL speed horrible as well? I have 150mb and right now I'm DL with 1MB. I swear this only happens with GW2

• Zackie.8923Zackie.8923 Member ✭✭✭

they should have let us preload

• Maybe its with everyone downloading it right now idk...

• About 216 MB to be playeable for me.

It goes in fits and starts. Remember that a LOT of people are loading right now. I go from 0 to 1MB/sec quite a bit on it, rarely get over 1MB. I'm only 24% in and I have FiOS so I'm amazed at you 50 percenters! (OK, I have older FiOS that Verizon refused to let us upgrade to the current faster options, but still, it's usually lightning fast).

• @Fermi.2409 said:
    Yeah, at 1GB with about half of the files left. It's annoying though, the first ~220 MB saturated my connection (240mbps) but now I'm only downloading at 2MB/s with frequent drops lower

You are still downloading at the same speed. There are thousands of very small files, so your DL speed doesn't get very high before it finishes and starts downloading the next one. On bigger files you can see the DL speed go up.

• 76% atm ^^

• It is rather slow... 200-500 KBs.. And it reached 10 MBs.. but hey i have to eat and do something, so I have time and patience ;)

• LOL, my speed just dropped to 1kb/s and files remaining is 5626

• @HollowDean.5134 said:
    LOL, my speed just dropped to 1kb/s and files remaining is 5626

Mine is now 0... with 6600 files left ... kitten :(

• Fermi.2409Fermi.2409 Member ✭✭✭

1845MB downloaded, 5600 files left. So probably a bit over 2GB. Could probably just play and download the rest ingame but I don't really like doing that

i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz (1.32V) | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64 | Ducky Zero MX Blue | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

• and now i'm stuck at 76% lol

• Don't feel bad, my max D/L speed is 500kb/s - odds are good you're all gonna be in before me.

• @miu.6918 said:
    and now i'm stuck at 76% lol

Same here, download stopped!

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Got stuck on a single file it won't move past - I guess its huge?

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Yeah the game stop downloading for me and I have DL speeds over 800mbit/s. So the download steam is very broken.

I am the one and only true Majestic Being.
    I stand now on the precipice of change.
    My perceptions on quality is refined.
    I am now the outsider looking in.
    Next level simi profession troll at your service.
    Bring the lols like no other.

Even if it sits at 0 for a while, leave it alone. It will start up again on its own, eventually. You don't want to shut it down, restart, and find yourself unable to access the login server due to high volume.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

It seems to hit a big slowdown for everyone around 76%, by the look of it.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• There's so many people downloading the patch that the servers can't keep up.

• Nevermind, I'm past 76% now!

• 42% now. I tried to play as soon as it was playable but I saw nothing about POF...

Rytlock Brimstone: So we find the archon, take him out, then use Kas's "imposter" trick to take his place, right?
    Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not a trick. Mesmers don't do "tricks"—we utilize illusion.
    Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, yeah. You guys are worse than elementalists.

• I'm also stuck at 76%. Been that way for about 10 minutes.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Indeed it does. 76% stopped for me too. If everyone could just cancel their download for a few minutes so I can finish, i'd be grateful

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Hevoskuuri.3891 said:
    Nevermind, I'm past 76% now!

lucky you

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

I'm joining the 76% club. I guess we're all soldiers now.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2017

Smoothly till 80% then unable to download.
    And it seems that there's no option to continue the download while playing.

edit: started again, whoohooooooo.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

No idea why no preload. Really dropped the ball on that one.

I mean, who has slow connections in 2017 right? Screw those guys!

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• @Demented Yak.6105 said:
    I'm also stuck at 76%. Been that way for about 10 minutes.

It eventually started progressing for me, slow at first and now going fast again. 2900 files remaining.

• At 76% there seems to be a huge file. Once I got past it I was at 86% rather quickly. Files in the mid-late 80% range appear medium size. Not instantly done, but not a huge wait either.

• 84%
    • 2.25 gigs and counting
    • Speed ranges from 200kps to 2mbs

:p

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
    Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
    Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: These are not the golems you are looking for.

• 93% hooooooooooo! Its not a question if the charr are ready for the desert, its if the desert is ready for the charr...

• Oof, I was stuck at 76% too - have restarted it (oo-er), and after a small wait of about two minutes, it's chugging away again. fingers crossed for me and the rest of you!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• next time make patches for expension downloadable in advanced so we can actually enjoy the hype

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

Total size is 2577 MB

• I'm now stuck at 90%.... Nooo! So close yet so far!

• when it gets to 77-78% it speeds up again at varying speeds from 50k up to 16mb just reached 100% 8-)

• Download all done, see you in game

• 2,601 MB Downloaded (roughly)
    100% Done!! :#=)

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
    Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
    Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: These are not the golems you are looking for.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

All traits unlocked with hot points, and we saved even over one hundred.
    Dedicated to all the people who wanted to farm more in order to unlock the elite in a "slower" way.

• still stuck at 76% rip

• Same here 76% and 0KB/s xDDD

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@miu.6918 said:
    still stuck at 76% rip

Restart the client, or skip to trying the primary server (with logging enabled):
    Gw2.exe -log -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

If the primary server is still stuck after a few minutes, check the log file (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log) for why it's failing. Some ISPs have interfered with patching in the past, which causes GW2 to get stuck on a file as it's constantly looping on failed requests. If this is happening, a VPN is required.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.