Solo roaming meta

merga.6709

@NuhDah.9812 said:

@kash.9213 said:Whatever works well with other classes in squads is what will work well floating around a map in different scale fights and groups. People will say thief but what are you trying to do out there? Are you trying to giggle to yourself over very few gimmicky kills or are you trying to fill your bags for materials and rewards?

Surely for the gimmicky kills. If he wanted mats and rewards he would have picked another game mode.

I'm just here for the silk scraps ,yo

@Spartacus.3192 said:i am seeing way less condi heralds in WvW in recent months. And when i say way less i mean like i haven't seen a single one in the last few weeks in T1/T2 NA.Its still a plague of thieves and rangers in wvw roaming scene.

Same here, I recently went through a couple hours of recorded footage to put together a video of my fights and out of the hours I had saved I only had three fights with Revs, two condi and one power. Condi Rev is still strong but its no where near as oppressive as it was back in the early spring of 2020. Had plenty of Soulbeast and Daredevil fights though!

@"RangerThings.9810" said:The DPS nerf earlier this year made most fights longer and harder to 1vX. While that's generally better balance, combine that with mount and you will get adds unless you're willing to stand in the dueling spots waiting for /bows.

Another factor is time, tier, and map.

Primetime on EBG is not good for a solo roamer unless you're playing an ultra-mobile thief or a troll build. Especially a top tier which usually means more population.

Offtime EBG can be quite good solo for many builds. Easy run back to action on all sides.

Offtime BLs on low pop tier is a wasteland. If you like standing around watching Yaks trot, go for it.

i acutally dislike the DPS nerf. everything dies so slow and many classes got taken away a lot of damage, where for example things like thief, dpsengis, ranger, reaper can still burst crazy amounts pretty quick. the whole "balancing" came so uncoordinated and nobody of the dev team even wasted a second thought about this i guess.

healers have it way harder to effectively tag things for kills now, making your time in some matters (as in, collecting kills for Ultimate Dominator) extremly hard, compared to how it was for the players from let's say older than 2 years ago overall.

please don't call it "top tier" ... it's called tier 1 but is fully equal to tier 5; both are pretty bad places to be, on the long hand. tiers are absolutely worthless.

@Spartacus.3192 said:i am seeing way less condi heralds in WvW in recent months. And when i say way less i mean like i haven't seen a single one in the last few weeks in T1/T2 NA.Its still a plague of thieves and rangers in wvw roaming scene.

I am seeing condi heralds daily in EU, at least 8-10 each day. And virtually no powerrevs anymore.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

I am seeing condi heralds daily in EU, at least 8-10 each day. And virtually no powerrevs anymore.Power heralds has definetly taken a hit since the power nerf and more people discovering how stupidly OP torment runes are on them. Even seeing the odd condi renegade now and then. Just like core necro superbunkers, they are the worst to fight when you outnumber them with... less than ideal... teammates compared to you fighting them 1v1 or especially with a good +1. Fighting rangers and thieves is comparably trivial in the same situation.

@Nitrosiili.5628 said:The solo roaming meta nowadays is a group of 2-5 players. At least 1 of them is a pocket healer.

Well, yeah, that is what the Thief balance creates. This thread is pretty indicative of that. If the most common thing you're gonna see out there is 1-3 Thieves running ganks then your option quickly becomes to group up and run support. The same could be said about the prevalence of condi, even though the current popularity of condi obviously has more to do with condi simply being better than power on far too many classes/builds due to the ongoing rebalancing. Still, condi has always been a way to at least stalemate gankers so when the climate is just trolling and ganks you are going to see more of the coping too. If you look into duelling there are more classes/builds popping up that see a fair bit of use but even the duelling stuff seems pretty BM these days and prone to take on the realities of small-scale roaming.

Just comming off some impromtu low-content clouding/roaming in/around SM and the 6 players streaking about on the opposing side was 4 Thieves and 2 Mesmers. As has been noted elsewhere, every server, match up or tiering isn't the same but the more populated areas of the game tend to be more prone to show the possibilities of the balance and the lower-populated areas of the game a bit more sensitive to the content. So people's perspectives will differ (EU to NA, tier 1 to tier 5) but the less gentlemanly areas of the mode tend to be more representative of the actual balance.

If we're talking roaming rather than duelling and we're looking at the solo climate and possibilities (1vX), well, this is what we have.

Also, as noted elsewhere, I'm not too fussed about it as I prefer things closer to 5-man than solo at the smaller scales and the balance is driving players into my content, but if you want change in the 1-3, then not looking at- or letting yourself be honest about what drives trend is putting your head in the sand.

@phokus.8934 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Condi herald. Theyre everywhere and can easily 1v3They only kill bad players.

And the above list isn’t even remotely accurate.

Herald main spotted? Condi herald, of all things? Where people need "hurrdurr l2p, dodge, nub, ez".Condi herald is broken as it is now."Bad players die to it". Bad players also die to thieves

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Condi herald is broken as it is now."Bad players die to it". Bad players also die to thieves

Bad players die to everything kek.

But seriously, Condi Herald 1v1 is not impossible or "broken" by any means.Stay on the defensive when they are in Mallyx, go on the Offensive when they are in Glint, and take care not to free heal them during Infuse Light.That's basically all it takes to beat them right now.And even if yu can't beat them, alot of builds can outrun them because Condi Herald has really weak mobility.

Are they very strong? Yes.Are they broken? Far from it.

Alot of stuff in the game can be beaten or encountered with game knowledge, I much prefer to fight things that require strategy to beat.Which less can be said for low/no skill MM builds which just let their minions do all the chip damage while they just sit there and take camps.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Condi herald is broken as it is now."Bad players die to it". Bad players also die to thieves

Bad players die to everything kek.

But seriously, Condi Herald 1v1 is not impossible or "broken" by any means.Stay on the defensive when they are in Mallyx, go on the Offensive when they are in Glint, and take care not to free heal them during Infuse Light.That's basically all it takes to beat them right now.And even if yu can't beat them, alot of builds can outrun them because Condi Herald has really weak mobility.

Are they very strong? Yes.Are they broken? Far from it.

Alot of stuff in the game can be beaten or encountered with game knowledge, I much prefer to fight things that require strategy to beat.Which less can be said for low/no skill MM builds which just let their minions do all the chip damage while they just sit there and take camps.

Necro had the strength of things like Spiteful Spirit and Chill of Death nerfed because they were no-tell procs that did heavy damage. Those were good changes because it added more counterplay. You don't suddenly take a big hit just from being in the general vicinity of the Necro with no warning anymore.

Condi Herald can apply several Conditions in an area around them with no tell when swapping Legends, of which you can further buff with sigils like; Blighting, Doom, Geomancy, etc.True Nature is also bugged with Mallyx and is both Unblindable and Undodgable with one shot potential if they have enough stacks on them. If you look here you can see this bug. I could be mistaken on this one, but it also has a radius of 600. I think it's actually 360 in WvW? I forget, but either way, both are an enormous radius. These things are all very similar to what I'd said about Necro in that you can suddenly take heavy damage just by being in the general vicinity of the Herald, which is why they should be changed.

True Nature needs to be fixed and to have its radius reduced. You say it isn't broken, but this skill is objectively so. Call To Anguish needs the Chill removed, and Invoking Torment should have the duration of the Conditions it applies reduced.It has also been suggested in other threads that Infuse Light should be a more costly skill to upkeep so you can't just camp it.

Otherwise I agree with what you've said about how to fight it.

@"Shroud.2307" said:

Condi Herald can apply several Conditions in an area around them with no tell when swapping Legends, of which you can further buff with sigils like; Blighting, Doom, Geomancy, etc.True Nature is also bugged with Mallyx and is both Unblindable and Undodgable with one shot potential if they have enough stacks on them. If you look here you can see this bug. I could be mistaken on this one, but it also has a radius of 600. I think it's actually 360 in WvW? I forget, but either way, both are an enormous radius. These things are all very similar to what I'd said about Necro in that you can suddenly take heavy damage just by being in the general vicinity of the Herald, which is why they should be changed.

True Nature needs to be fixed and to have its radius reduced. You say it isn't broken, but this skill is objectively so. Call To Anguish needs the Chill removed, and Invoking Torment should have the duration of the Conditions it applies reduced.It has also been suggested in other threads that Infuse Light should be a more costly skill to upkeep so you can't just camp it.

Yea, it's really no longer a secret that the single source of all of Condi Herald's damage is actually swapping in their enemy's face and unloading all the Condi.If one knows how to look out for that attack pattern, it's really easy to avoid having that attack land.

TN Demon is the real problem here in the end : I have made several posts talking about either nerfing TN Demon or changing how it functions altogether.I see no reason why TN Demon should transfer condis up to 5 people AND give Might for Condis transferred as well.Makes no sense at all.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Shroud.2307" said:

Condi Herald can apply several Conditions in an area around them with no tell when swapping Legends, of which you can further buff with sigils like; Blighting, Doom, Geomancy, etc.True Nature is also bugged with Mallyx and is both Unblindable and Undodgable with one shot potential if they have enough stacks on them.
I could be mistaken on this one, but it also has a radius of 600. I think it's actually 360 in WvW? I forget, but either way, both are an enormous radius. These things are all very similar to what I'd said about Necro in that you can suddenly take heavy damage just by being in the general vicinity of the Herald, which is why they should be changed.

Yea, it's really no longer a secret that the single source of all of Condi Herald's damage is actually swapping in their enemy's face and unloading all the Condi.If one knows how to look out for that attack pattern, it's really easy to avoid having that attack land.

TN Demon is the real problem here in the end : I have made several posts talking about either nerfing TN Demon or changing how it functions altogether.I see no reason why TN Demon should transfer condis up to 5 people AND give Might for Condis transferred as well.Makes no sense at all.

Agreed for sure.I think all Condi Herald needs are like two or three small changes and it will be a lot more balanced. It is "easy" to counter it right now by hard kiting it, but it there are still a couple things about it that shouldn't be performing the way they are. True Nature (Demon) being the biggest issue.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@Nitrosiili.5628 said:The solo roaming meta nowadays is a group of 2-5 players. At least 1 of them is a pocket healer.

Well, yeah, that is what the Thief balance creates. This thread is pretty indicative of that.

Not sure where you got that from, but claiming that these small organized groups are somehow the result of roaming thieves is just false. These groups would still exist as much as they do today, no matter what class or roaming playstyle dominated. And that's because it's not a direct answer to anything other than organized group being stronger than multiple single players blobed together -shocker, I know.

• Confused 1

@kash.9213 said:

@kash.9213 said:Whatever works well with other classes in squads is what will work well floating around a map in different scale fights and groups. People will say thief but what are you trying to do out there? Are you trying to giggle to yourself over very few gimmicky kills or are you trying to fill your bags for materials and rewards?

Surely for the gimmicky kills. If he wanted mats and rewards he would have picked another game mode.

WvW is nice if you only have like an hour and half after work. I don't know what roaming brings in but floating and reading the maps can land you in most stuff happening and bags can fill up pretty fast. What other game or game mode can you consistently pull or knock people off of cliffs and walls though?

Pretty sure if you do a fractal, or a meta event on some map you'll end up with significantly more income than spending time in wvw. Heck, i'm pretty sure if you do your spvp dailies you'll get more value in gold. That being said, it's true that wvw might be more fun to do, so you'll find me there most of the time i'm playing... But I'm surely not doing this for heavy loot bags.

@Sobx.1758 said:

Well, yeah, that is what the Thief balance creates. This thread is pretty indicative of that.

Not sure where you got that from, but claiming that these small organized groups are somehow the result of roaming thieves is just false. These groups would still exist
as much as they do today
, no matter what class or roaming playstyle dominated. And that's because it's not a direct answer to anything other than organized group being stronger than multiple single players blobed together -shocker, I know.

Maybe he confuses roaming with solo roaming.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

WvW is nice if you only have like an hour and half after work. I don't know what roaming brings in but floating and reading the maps can land you in most stuff happening and bags can fill up pretty fast. What other game or game mode can you consistently pull or knock people off of cliffs and walls though?

Pretty sure if you do a fractal, or a meta event on some map you'll end up with significantly more income than spending time in wvw. Heck, i'm pretty sure if you do your spvp dailies you'll get more value in gold. That being said, it's true that wvw might be more fun to do, so you'll find me there most of the time i'm playing... But I'm surely not doing this for heavy loot bags.

Ya, I make enough to gather stuff for a new skin once in awhile and ascended food. Anyone roaming, anyone working siege, or anyone trying to do a variety of stuff besides face planting into blobs have to plan out enough Participation and tag up whatever on the way. I'm like a failed Mandalorian trying to put together my armor and shamefully short in Legendary pieces, which might be partially laziness but everything else cost gold also. I almost wish WvW had bounties or missions or something but fight clubs would get that killed off.

@kash.9213 said:

Ya, I make enough to gather stuff for a new skin once in awhile and ascended food. Anyone roaming, anyone working siege, or anyone trying to do a variety of stuff besides face planting into blobs have to plan out enough Participation and tag up whatever on the way. I'm like a failed Mandalorian trying to put together my armor and shamefully short in Legendary pieces, which might be partially laziness but everything else cost gold also. I almost wish WvW had bounties or missions or something but fight clubs would get that killed off.

Well, if you're not a compulsive achiever, there is no need to collect your mando armor fast. It's the journey that matters, and as long as you enjoy it, it's worth the time.