The only fix spvp will ever need!

Blake.8476

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Blake.8476 said:My suggestion is to remove damage from conditions and instead make them like utilities, For example (poison can reduce healing but not damage you, burning applies vulnerability, bleeding makes you lose endurance, torment makes you see clones, confusion makes your weapon abilities swap places etc) conditions are currently ticking away your health at an alarming rate (burning condition especially) Then there is the heaIth and toughness perk that condi builds gain that power builds do not get as much of, For instance power dragonhunter has 11k-16khp where a condi dragonhunter has 21k-25k. I do understand that making this change would be a very big rework of amulets, runes, sigil's, classes and weapons. but maybe make an extra game mode (condition free matches/power builds only) like an event... and test it, Get response from the community and decide whether to change for good or not. Trust me SPVP will become balanced and if not then you tried at least without impacting the current system, People complain about condi builds (revnant, mirage, necro) Then arenanet nerfs it and a new condi build is made, The process repeats itself, Take care and thank you for your consideration. Guild Wars 2 for life!

How would this make PvP balanced? I cant even imagine this change working out. Even modified a bit here and there, it's just way out there.Example: condi core necromancer. It does basicly no power damage. You nullify its offense through conditions, compensate by doubling its health... and you get a 100K health monster(shroud and HP combined) that weakens, cripples and fears you, but does absolutely no damage. What about this would be fun or balanced?

Not to mention this would break PvE aswell.

If you want changes this radical in an 8 year old game, you're better off making a new one.

This change im suggesting is ONLY for SPVP not Pve, and core necro does a ton of power damage!i played power core necro for a long time and even got to plat 2 with it...and its never too late for a change (it would bring new life and a different outlook to the game which in turn would potentially lure players back that have quit because of this)

PvP and PvE can have different balance, but they cannot have a different design. If you bleed someone/something, the same code calculates whats happening to your target in all gamemodes. So you either apply a design change to all gamemodes, or none of them.

This is not true, Ever read your abilities? Some of them clearly say's (this skill is unique per game mode.) and thus it can be different from one another.

@Blake.8476 said:

@Blake.8476 said:My suggestion is to remove damage from conditions and instead make them like utilities, For example (poison can reduce healing but not damage you, burning applies vulnerability, bleeding makes you lose endurance, torment makes you see clones, confusion makes your weapon abilities swap places etc) conditions are currently ticking away your health at an alarming rate (burning condition especially) Then there is the heaIth and toughness perk that condi builds gain that power builds do not get as much of, For instance power dragonhunter has 11k-16khp where a condi dragonhunter has 21k-25k. I do understand that making this change would be a very big rework of amulets, runes, sigil's, classes and weapons. but maybe make an extra game mode (condition free matches/power builds only) like an event... and test it, Get response from the community and decide whether to change for good or not. Trust me SPVP will become balanced and if not then you tried at least without impacting the current system, People complain about condi builds (revnant, mirage, necro) Then arenanet nerfs it and a new condi build is made, The process repeats itself, Take care and thank you for your consideration. Guild Wars 2 for life!

How would this make PvP balanced? I cant even imagine this change working out. Even modified a bit here and there, it's just way out there.Example: condi core necromancer. It does basicly no power damage. You nullify its offense through conditions, compensate by doubling its health... and you get a 100K health monster(shroud and HP combined) that weakens, cripples and fears you, but does absolutely no damage. What about this would be fun or balanced?

If you want changes this radical in an 8 year old game, you're better off making a new one.

This change im suggesting is ONLY for SPVP not Pve, and core necro does a ton of power damage!i played power core necro for a long time and even got to plat 2 with it...and its never too late for a change (it would bring new life and a different outlook to the game which in turn would potentially lure players back that have quit because of this)

PvP and PvE can have different balance, but they cannot have a different design. If you bleed someone/something, the same code calculates whats happening to your target in all gamemodes. So you either apply a design change to all gamemodes, or none of them.

This is not true, Ever read your abilities? Some of them clearly say's (this skill is unique per game mode.) and thus it can be different from one another.

I used the words balance and design on purpose. Have you ever read those abilities? All they differ in are numerical values like cooldown, duration etc. Show me one skill that has a different DESIGN! Exactly, there is none.

Also saying that core necro does a lot of power damage doesn't really negate the fact that CONDI core necro doesn't. And it was just one example, all classes have builds which are exclusively focused on dealing damage through conditions. Weaponsets, entire traitlines, amulets, sigils, runes... condition damage is half of the game dude. You can't just remove it. Even if I granted you step one, which would be the techical problems of having different DESIGNS of the same skill, you're still left with a combat system thats designed around the duality of power and condition damage. You can't just erase condition damage from that system and expect it to work.

You are literally this meme with your suggestion: "Hmm one of my legs hurt, I guess I could walk better if I just CUT IT OFF."

@Bazsi.2734 said:

I used the words balance and design on purpose. Have you ever read those abilities? All they differ in are numerical values like cooldown, duration etc. Show me one skill that has a different DESIGN! Exactly, there is none.

Also saying that core necro does a lot of power damage doesn't really negate the fact that CONDI core necro doesn't. And it was just one example, all classes have builds which are exclusively focused on dealing damage through conditions. Weaponsets, entire traitlines, amulets, sigils, runes... condition damage is half of the game dude. You can't just remove it. Even if I granted you step one, which would be the techical problems of having different DESIGNS of the same skill, you're still left with a combat system thats designed around the duality of power and condition damage. You can't just erase condition damage from that system and expect it to work.

You are literally this meme with your suggestion: "Hmm one of my legs hurt, I guess I could walk better if I just CUT IT OFF."

I see your point, It would take a considerable amount of work to do what i am proposing if that is the way that pvp functions.It is speculation and i suggested this because of the balance issues pvp is having, i read a post again yesterday about a new player complaining about condi aoe spam, Something needs to change in a major way, and if the way i thought of would not work then please share your thoughts and help come up with a possible solution, Thank you for explaining!

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

did you notice that they blanket nerfed almost all power dmg in the game but did not nerf condi coefficients or base damage in february?

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

did you notice that they blanket nerfed almost all power dmg in the game but did not nerf condi coefficients or base damage in february?

Lots of durations were changed or stacks/duration adjusted. But you kind of ignore one of the biggest changes to condi which was the complete removal of expertise as a stat on amulets as well as the change from 50%/25% duration on runes to 20%/10%. In addition traits that granted expertise or free condi duration nerfed by as much as half, bunch of traits that granted condi also changed to be much less effective. Im sure people remember how strong things like shaper imaged and duellist's discipline were.

Its disingenuous and false to say condi didn't receive a blanket nerf or any nerf in general like some like to suggest

Conditions with special effects/debuffs is cool story, however there must be "dot-damage over time" effects. Conditions with defensive builds are fine as long as you need long time to really set damage up, which can be cleansed and never applied/reached on long fights. Only problem is condition bursting as there are very few ways to mitigate condition damage and avoid burst. Other words, condition damage is flat damage, always dealt, avoiding armor and directly cutting your health. There are some classes that can reduce it : renegade, scrapper, soulbeast, death magic necro. Even with these, condition damage go trough.

So best way to balance conditions in PvP is to remove too many stacks of same condition but as return to increase durations, so if enemy player do not cleanse it take great damage over time but it cannot get bursted by 10+ stacks instantly.

@Quadox.7834 said:

yes, condi didnt get nerfed, Yet my sharper images deal 95% less damage, where do I report this "bug" for conditions surely did not get nerfed right ?editlosing deadshot amulet alone is 30%+ blanket nerf for condi damage, add in rune nerfs and some skill nerfs and conditions lost MORE damage then power.I remember sharp img having about 600 bleed damage ( OOC ) now not only the damage is ( on wizard and nightmare, random shit for the sake of testing ) 255( less then half ) and on top of it clones have 28,8% crit instead of 55% meaning its 75%+ less effective then it was, when you play carrion its 95% less effective

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

When torment does damage while standing still or confusion does damage when not casting a skill.

They had to do it because some Professions apply, way way way more Torment or Confusion than anything else.But this is only a problem in PvE.

There is a "stationary" and "inactivity" damage split for Torment and Confusion in Competitive modes, which is lower than PvE, but it's still too high I feel.It's just ridiculous when yu are just "standing there" and 5 ticks of Torment is still ticking off 700 damage per tick.

Like wow, even the one thing Torment is designed to "not punish" is punishing me.

For a conquest mode that you have stand on ground to cap nodes and do map mechanics, conditions on AoE doing high damage as it does atm is that much stupid.

The amount of damage for tick and the easy access to do it makes conditions actually burst annnd the access to cleanse it for some class is too low, so u cleanse 8 stacks and get more 5 next 2 sec OR you run and repeat while the guy hols the node and win the match, that is also very very stupid.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

yes, condi didnt get nerfed, Yet my sharper images deal 95% less damage, where do I report this "bug" for conditions surely did not get nerfed right ?editlosing deadshot amulet alone is 30%+ blanket nerf for condi damage, add in rune nerfs and some skill nerfs and conditions lost MORE damage then power.I remember sharp img having about 600 bleed damage ( OOC ) now not only the damage is ( on wizard and nightmare, random kitten for the sake of testing ) 255( less then half ) and on top of it clones have 28,8% crit instead of 55% meaning its 75%+ less effective then it was, when you play carrion its 95% less effective

yes but then torch burn recieved a 0% nerf

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:are there even more then 4 actually good condi builds? whenever conditions are good its always " nerf all conditions ". Whenever power build is good its always " l2p " " just dodge" or " nerf this 1 specific thing leave the reast of the things alooone "Imagine if I made posts that Lich form is OP, therefore we need to nerf all power damage to the ground!And you know what? if you nef conditions what stops people from stacking the kitten out of toughness, protection, weakness and never dying ?then you will be making another posts " nerf the bunkers they OP OP " and remove toughness and remove protection and remove this and that and it will never end.

yes, condi didnt get nerfed, Yet my sharper images deal 95% less damage, where do I report this "bug" for conditions surely did not get nerfed right ?editlosing deadshot amulet alone is 30%+ blanket nerf for condi damage, add in rune nerfs and some skill nerfs and conditions lost MORE damage then power.I remember sharp img having about 600 bleed damage ( OOC ) now not only the damage is ( on wizard and nightmare, random kitten for the sake of testing ) 255( less then half ) and on top of it clones have 28,8% crit instead of 55% meaning its 75%+ less effective then it was, when you play carrion its 95% less effective

yes but then torch burn recieved a 0% nerf

other then amulet removal that is, which as I said, is as good as blanket nerf to power. and combining it with the fact that torch did not have massive damage to begin with, and its LONG lasting makes it very easy to deal with.