GW2 and 2021

knite.1542

I have hopes for 2021 and EOD expansion.

For me personally the highlight of 2020 was getting Conflux due to the inventory savings (and fractal AR cost savings). The fact that you can have multiple is a bonus.

Let's take a look at 2020 highlights because there's too much doom and gloom here:

• Feb 25 major competitive balance overhaul (you can argue for or against it but it happened)--> includes the introduction of Vicious Expression for mesmers , Explosives line overhaul that pushed holo into dominance , removal of 2nd soulbeast pet , the Corruption line overhaul that led to condi rev , 1 dodge mirage :#
  • July 7 balance update that restored cloneless shatters to chrono & reworked Seize the Moment , nerf to "Feel My Wrath!" to end DH dominance in PVE , toned down soulbeast merged bonuses
  • Sunqua Peak with CM
  • Drakkar world boss
  • legendary PVP and WVW trinket ; God of WvW title (I don't have it but some people do)
  • PVP miniseasons and swiss tournaments
  • Forging Steel , Whisper of Jormag , and Cold War strike missions
  • Drizzlewood Coast
  • return of LS1 missions (more of a developmental feat than an accomplishment)
  • Warlord's armor exclusive to PVP/WVW , Runic armor for strikes with a common sense alternative acquisition method
  • Bunch of weapon skins including Volcanic Stormcaller, Charged Stormcaller, Broken Voice Dragon Slayer, Dominion Tribune, Empowered Boneskinner, Stormcaller , Tengu Echo , Legion weapons (Forging Steel weekly box or crafted), full set of Candy Cane weapons---> "reskin" sets such as Glitched Adventure , Demon-Haunted, Imbued Holographic , Sun-Blessed Zephyrite , Abyssal Fractal , Sparkling Wrapped
  • Underwater skimmers
  • DRMs

2020 - Levelled up 2nd character (1st one was 2 years before) and this time played through all the expansions, LW, most dungeons and T2 fractals. Spent too much time playing, so ended up with ascended set, portal scrolls and various weapon skins. (while kicking myself for not spending more time on RL issues)

2021 - Sleepwalk through the replacement content for the rest of LW5 while taking breaks in between until EoD hits, then whine about the lag on new maps (you don't really think lockdown will end this year do you?) before taking a break and finishing it some time later. (while kicking myself for not spending more time on RL issues)

I wouldn't try to plan for a whole year. Firstly there's a very good chance my priorities will change when new releases come along, but I also don't want to get too attached to the idea of doing certain things and end up forcing myself to do it even if I'm not enjoying it. Instead I have a mental list of stuff I want to at some point, roughly in order of priority and I do whatever appeals to me most currently.

Things currently near the top of that list are starting another legendary if I can choose between Exordium and Nevermore, finishing the masteries I haven't completed yet (I never actually got around to doing the underwater skimmer one, even though I like the idea of an underwater mount), finshing various storylines on characters who are part-way through and getting my last few permanent characters up to level 80.

Like when PoF was announced, I made sure all my classes were ready to purchase the full elite specs. That way I can enjoy the classes in full with the content it was released in.

As usual, I'll try to 100% Living World episodes as they come out. However, Icebrood Saga will have a lot of hard passes. 50 Cold Wars? No thank you. I try to 100% everything (no thank you, raids) since Season 2. Honorary Crew Member is impossible in a dead map. If I don't get hard carried in this stuff, I'll never complete these ridiculous things from the strain of not falling asleep.

As for the account itself, I'm just getting ready for when new legendaries release and better methods to get legendary armor and the rest of the trinkets.

@sorudo.9054 said:my goal is to not put my hopes up no matter how much they hype stuff, they have done plenty in the past and they never fail to disappoint.

Yeah, after The Champions, I think, this is the best strategy. Don't wait for anything good, especially from EotD. If it will be just as quality as champs, you won't be disappointed, and if it'll be something good, you'll be surprised in a good way.

I think, I should set it as my goal as well, lol

@nopinopa.4861 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:my goal is to not put my hopes up no matter how much they hype stuff, they have done plenty in the past and they never fail to disappoint.

Yeah, after The Champions, I think, this is the best strategy. Don't wait for anything good, especially from EotD. If it will be just as quality as champs, you won't be disappointed, and if it'll be something good, you'll be surprised in a good way.

I think, I should set it as my goal as well, lolWhatever do you mean, surely alliances will come with EoD.

I finalized my design for my Flame Shaman (elementalist) Charr, and started an Olmakhan (druid) design. One of my goal is to finish that design

I also accompanied a friend from her first steps to starting Heart of Thorns. My goal is to potentially have more people follow that path, guildies or not.

My goal is to play my alts more and learn different classes. I have a bad habit of only playing my main. I’ve only completed the personal story with one character aside from my main.

I’d like to get into healbrand and condi renegade first. Have to gear them up though.