Frostbitten Sickle not providing snowflakes

Adding my post to those who aren't getting snowflakes from the Frostbitten Harvesting Sickle, I just blew a bunch of karma outfitting a dozen characters with them for the flax farm before I found out they're useless :|

The Volatile equivalent has been bugged for a couple of weeks and the thread still doesn't have Dev aknowledgement

Came to check the forums to see if this had been reported - my Frostbitten Ori Sickle has stopped giving snowflakes too. I've only used it in "the spot" for flax farming in Draconis Mons and can confirm that 1) it used to work fine on those nodes, and 2) it no longer works at all on those nodes. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, especially now that Wintersday is live.

@Angelz.9713 said:The Frostbitten Sickle is not providing snowflakes on my characters for flax farming though it did work in home instance earlier. I know in previous years its worked for everything including flax. Please Fix ASAP! Thanks!

Seems everyone is mentioning flax farm for this issue - just a thought that maybe it's not the sickle itself but the flax nodes / the flax node loot table that's wonky?

@Lady Elvea.2847 said:

@Angelz.9713 said:The Frostbitten Sickle is not providing snowflakes on my characters for flax farming though it did work in home instance earlier. I know in previous years its worked for everything including flax. Please Fix ASAP! Thanks!

Seems everyone is mentioning flax farm for this issue - just a thought that maybe it's not the sickle itself but the flax nodes / the flax node loot table that's wonky?

I tried it out in Malchors Leap and got no snowflakes on Ghost Peppers and Omnomberries, so unfortunately it's not just one node or location

@Spook.5847 said:You'd think with all the patching this would be working by now. Not to mention it is an odd thing to have break in the first place. How and why did it happen?

It's a messy, complicated code. Any change can break something so completely random like this as it hits the live servers. It's just one of those things that continuously updated games have to put up with. Could be something small patched with Wintersday that triggered it or even something added in the background ready for future content drops.

@Alextraza.9075 said:It is not only the Frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle that is not working. I tried Volatile Harvesting Sickle and it does not work as well. Looks like all Harvesting tools have lost their power.

I've just tested my Unbound Magic Harvesting Blast and that one is working as intended. However, it's a gem shop infinite use item, whereas my Frostbitten sickles are all limited use variety. I don't really have anything else to test with at the moment though.

@"Vavume.8065" said:Can we at least get a confirmation that the devs are aware of this issue please.

Agreed, would be nice to hear, even if it's just a "aware and looking into it" one-liner.

• 2 weeks later...

And so we have it, an entire holiday festival passed with the sickle being broken, drastically increasing Snowflake prices since players were only getting them from 2/3rds of their harvesting which is the main source of Snowflakes in the game.

It felt like they significantly decreased the amount of Snowflakes in Wintersday Gifts too.

I can't believe this still isn't fixed. This isn't just snowflakes, it's ALL harvesting sickles that give bonus rewards.

This is obviously such a simple thing, why has it been left unadresssed for over a month?

What is the point of this forum if obvious and simple bugs like this that are highlighted are not dealt with? This bug has existed since about a month before Wintersday started, was mentioned then, and continued to be present after Wintersday started where the broken frostbitten sickle was also added. Since then there have been several more posts about this on this forum and on Reddit....

Zero response, and more than likely we will still continue to be allowed to purchase broken sickles that don't work for a long time until it is fixed (if ever)

Are Anet resources so stretched and staff so overworked or mismanaged that you can't afford to have one person spend what is probably no more than an hour to fix this problem affecting every single player that buys these karma-tools?