Anybody actually know what most of skills/traits do

Junkpile.7439

Do people have motivation read what other classes/builds skills do? Like i have played elementalist +3k hours and i still don't have any idea what offhand focus skills do or what weaver/tempest skills do. Seems like other players don't have either. Every time when i throw necromancer poisonfield enemy bearbow soulbeast waste all longbow skills and so on. I am totally clueless about pof elitespec and know something about hot elitespecs (mainly those that i have played little bit years ago). B)

Yes. Its important to know what every class is capable of.

Thats also a problem in zergs and roaming.In zergs ,people copy builds from metabattle and dont know how to do anything.And for roaming, people think some classes are overpowered but actually dont know that they are deadly vulvnerable to XX.

I have a pretty solid understanding of most classes, and play all of them actively excepting Rev (I really don't enjoy the resource system).

You don't really need to know every nuance of every build, just a general understanding of what they are trying to do, and what specific things you have to avoid from them.

Yes, because I'm that idiot which waits for balance patches with anticipation in order to test new builds if there are changes or reworks.I've sunk over 600gold into stat swapping Ascended gear and have levelled and deleted every Profession at least twice because I lack character slots.

I'm pretty darn confident I know most traits, or at least 70% of the traits which are most used right now.

I mean look at my signature.

In a way I do, but mostly visually, I can't name most stuff in this game off hand. I had to drop the game for awhile at one point and I mostly play while watching tv or something. I always put together a keybind layout that lets me play with the same tactile control of old arcade games so I'm mostly playing for that vibe for however much time I have to log on after work. It's usually not a big deal but I'll always be at a disadvantage next to people who put in the effort to load up different characters and read everything.

Not me, no. That would cross the line from fun into work with all the time it would take and such. I totally get that people enjoy eking out every last advantage and some may even enjoy the process of learning about classes they may never play, but that ain't me. Having said that, you don't need to know the names of all the skills to know what hurts or to be able to read an opponent's playstyle. Sure I could be better, but for me it's bang for buck in terms of time commitment and I do fine and have fun.

It's very fun to go look through everything, especially if you are trying to fight certain builds or theory craft. After a while of reading them over and over, or identifying something that hurts, you will remember. I think some people don't read them at all though, they might like to just "feel" it through gameplay if that makes any sense lol. press press button, something happens

If you are at all looking to actually get better at PvPing, you will need to. If you don't you will always only be reacting after something happens. If you know builds, skills, traits and what weapon sets tend to go with those, you can often tell what sort of fight, rotations and utility they will probbaly have on their skill bar. This lets you know all sorts of things, including if you want to swap to another build to counter, it also gives you an idea on what sort of stun breaks they might have, so you know what to bait out before bursting, it lets you know what CC or bursts to expect yourself etc etc. So having at least basic playing ability on all classes is very helpful, you don't even have to be good at them, just understanding how the class plays and what it is possible of doing as well as what it is weak to.

Yeah. Like every few months I find out a new trait or skill that was changed at some point. Like for example recently I discovered that Signet of Locust removes 2 boons with 600 radius now while healing you close to 10k, very busted. Apparently it has been in game since July. Anet keeps adding more boon removal and boons in the game, do they never learn.