Agony Resistance question

weaponwh.9810

Can you maybe elaborate more?

But from what i understand, you don't need to infuse backpacks and rings right away, just attune the rings, that's cheap, and put your +9 infusions wherever you have space. You'll need to fill all the spaces with infusions for T4 anyway, and that includes infusing the backpack and rings, but for now, til you get there, just use whatever you have available and work your way up.

Generally just don't put any agony infusion below +9 in your equipment, not worth it, but whatever, you can always buy the infusion extraction device if you have the mastery.

If you're thinking of putting higher than +9 infusions, that could cost you potentially way more than infusing. But it's an option if you want it. Agony infusions above +9 are very expensive though. You might just get some fractal relics from dailies and infuse your rings. That will probably be cheaper.

As long as you got (i think) 150 AR you can do all fractals. And if you're missing some, you can use fractal potions to compensate. How you get to that number is up to you, you don't need to infuse your rings, but +9 infusions are generally most efficient.

Here's the cost of the infusions:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

• Don't infuse the back item if cost is an issue.
  • Don't go beyond +9 infusions if cost is an issue (referring to gold cost but even then it becomes very expensive to offset lacking infusion slots on gear).
  • Make sure to be able to attune and infuse both rings, remove infusions with the Infusion extraction device purchased from INFUZ-5959 in order to save them before upgrading rings.
  • the total amount of available slots for infusions without an infused back item is 17 slots.
  • keep the other sources of agony resistance in mind when designing your initial set, especially when cost is a concern.

There is a calculator on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance (also has the additional sources of agony resistance listed) which can be used. Use 17 slots and which ever amount of agony resistance you desire to get multiple options.

For example, using 17 slots and 150 target agony resistance would yield 34 different combinations, one of which would be:2 x (+8 agony resistance infusion, use in your weapon sets)15 x (+9 agony resistance infusion)= 151 ar

yea but dont i need infused both my ring to get 3 slot in order to get 150AR? which is why the infused 3 slot ring cost alot FR. cause the ring come with 1 slot, then attune is cheap, but attuned infused ring cost alot. my problem is i want multiple gear set, which mean several attuned infused ring, which i dont have enough FR for those.i guess whats the best way to get fractal relic other than doing daily.

@"weaponwh.9810" said:yea but dont i need infused both my ring to get 3 slot in order to get 150AR? which is why the infused 3 slot ring cost alot FR. cause the ring come with 1 slot, then attune is cheap, but attuned infused ring cost alot. my problem is i want multiple gear set, which mean several attuned infused ring, which i dont have enough FR for those.i guess whats the best way to get fractal relic other than doing daily.

In order to attune a ring:

• 1 ring
  • 1 agonized essence (costs 24s)
  • one +1 agony infusion (around 1s on the TP)
  • 1 Philosopher Stone

In order to infuse a ring:

• 1 ring
  • 5 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence
  • 3 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence
  • 1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence

The former is dirt cheap, the later you will acquire within days of running fractals or at worst can down grade once you have a few Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Crystallized_Mists_Essence). Purchasing 5 Vials, 3 globs and 1 shard will come out to (5x30)+(3x100)+(1x300) = 750 fractals relics. Which is about 1-2 daily T4 runs IF you have not received ANY of these items as drops, which is unlikely after playing fractals for a few days.

I am unsure why you feel the need to gear multiple characters if you are lacking the most basic resources which you should have tons of IF you have been running fractals occasionally. That said, feel free to go on about this any way you see fit, just remember that each increase of an infusion means double the amount of base +1 infusions needed to craft.

As such lacking 2 slots and missing out on essentially 18 agony resistance means you need to increase all your remaining infusions by 1 rank (simplified math here if we assume 15 - 17 slots available), which in turn means you are going from:

• 17 +9 infusions (153 ar at around 6.1g buy order per [7.9g instant buy] each for a total of 104g [134g])
  • to 15 +10 infusions (150 ar at 11.5g buy order per [14.9g instant buy] each for a total of 172.5g [223g]) essentially doubling the gold cost.Suffice to say, this gets more extreme as you progress past +10 infusions double in cost every single time.

Again, the website has a calculator which you can use to figure out which setup works best for you.

EDIT:some editing for visibility and structure

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"weaponwh.9810" said:yea but dont i need infused both my ring to get 3 slot in order to get 150AR? which is why the infused 3 slot ring cost alot FR. cause the ring come with 1 slot, then attune is cheap, but attuned infused ring cost alot. my problem is i want multiple gear set, which mean several attuned infused ring, which i dont have enough FR for those.i guess whats the best way to get fractal relic other than doing daily.

• 1 ring
  • 1 Philosopher Stone

• 1 ring

The former is dirt cheap, the later you will acquire within days of running fractals or at worst can down grade once you have a few Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence (
). Purchasing 5 Vials, 3 globs and 1 shard will come out to (5x30)+(3x100)+(1x300) = 750 fractals relics. Which is about 1-2 daily T4 runs IF you have not received ANY of these items as drops, which is unlikely after playing fractals for a few days.

I am unsure why you feel the need to gear multiple characters if you are lacking the most basic resources which you should have tons of IF you have been running fractals occasionally. That said, feel free to go on about this any way you see fit, just remember that each increase of an infusion means double the amount of base +1 infusions needed to craft.

As such lacking 2 slots and missing out on essentially 18 agony resistance means you need to increase all your remaining infusions by 1 rank (simplified math here if we assume 15 - 17 slots available), which in turn means you are going from:
  • 17 +9 infusions (153 ar at around 6.1g buy order per [7.9g instant buy] each for a total of 104g [134g])
  • to 15 +10 infusions (150 ar at 11.5g buy order per [14.9g instant buy] each for a total of 172.5g [223g]) essentially doubling the gold cost.Suffice to say, this gets more extreme as you progress past +10 infusions double in cost every single time.

Again, the website has a calculator which you can use to figure out which setup works best for you.

for 2 ring i need 1500 relic, i did alot t3, and only reach 2k FR, can T4 get 1500 FR within few days?

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:yea but dont i need infused both my ring to get 3 slot in order to get 150AR? which is why the infused 3 slot ring cost alot FR. cause the ring come with 1 slot, then attune is cheap, but attuned infused ring cost alot. my problem is i want multiple gear set, which mean several attuned infused ring, which i dont have enough FR for those.i guess whats the best way to get fractal relic other than doing daily.

• 1 ring
  • 1 Philosopher Stone

• 1 ring

The former is dirt cheap, the later you will acquire within days of running fractals or at worst can down grade once you have a few Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence (
). Purchasing 5 Vials, 3 globs and 1 shard will come out to (5x30)+(3x100)+(1x300) = 750 fractals relics. Which is about 1-2 daily T4 runs IF you have not received ANY of these items as drops, which is unlikely after playing fractals for a few days.

for 2 ring i need 1500 relic, i did alot t3, and only reach 2k FR, can T4 get 1500 FR within few days?

You did not run a LOT of T3 fractals.

The exact values are:

• 1 pristine fractal relic per daily chest, which amounts to 9 if running all 3 dailies at T3 (9 chests total), which adds up to 135 fractal relics
  • 15 fractal relics per fractal on T3, which is another 45 fractal relics per day if running T3 fractals
  • 1 pristine fractal relic per recommended fractal, another 45 fractal relics if running the recommended (which any newer player should if time allows)

That's the base value without ANY additional loot or luck drops, and it amounts to give or take 200 fractal relics per day. Not factoring for fractal potions, weekly fractal chests which were added recently, or just running fractals off daily.

Given this you basically ran around 1 week worth of fractals without calculating for lower rank fractals. Now unless you forgot to convert your pristine fractal relics, have been spending fractal relics as fast as you've been gaining them or have a very different definition of "a lot" than me, you are at best a fractal fledgling just starting off. Which is exactly the reason I am questioning why you need multiple characters geared at once. You'd be best off learning the basics on 1 character first and mastering the content instead of making multiple characters, likely none of which you can play and taking them to content you have barely run (in this case T4 fractals).

Sorry if this comes across as a bit harsh, but the last thing T4 fractal groups need are more players who just "get characters ready" and have no clue how to play them.

On the original topic,

cheap:rings: chest gamble, use any infused non-attuned with close enough statsaccessories: Living World or Guild Missionsbackpack: Living World or 1 slot crafted level 78

fast:Trade Post and pay groups to carrying through T3s, maybe T4s, and Achievements with Ascended trinket rewards then restat

By the time you naturally progress from T1 to T4+, the AR will be there.It's better to slowly rank-up fractals tiers through dailies and learn how fractals actually work and how smooth clears happen. I've seen many people in T2 to T4 pugs lately with 150 to 180 AR with no 1+ hour omnipotion or even a green defensive potion. Their play style was not reflective of the play needed to smoothly clear T3s. While experimenting with instant 80s, non-meta builds, >50% exotic, etc I carry at least 40% DPS before these people die in fights.