QoL Buff and Nerf Wishlist/Request for Revenant Skills/Traits (8 July 2022)

Shao.7236

@Doctor.1384 said:Return empty vessel or make other sun breaks cheaper. Other classes can choose to have as many stunbreaks as they want rev cannot and other classes understand that it can be easily stunlocked after it breaks stun after a legend swap.

I disagree, you could never stunlock Revenants in the past because of that. It sits in a balanced spot now because Energy is valuable.

You're meant to decide whether you want that energy to deal damage or sustain yourself. Being able to reset CC's so easily every 10 seconds was extremely toxic for everyone forcing the traitline or fighting against.

With how it we got it now, it encourages synergy in between legends a lot more.

Gaze of Darkness should be reverted to it's old version at 20 seconds and reveal on any status though, forcing it to be on stealth is annoying and the blind radius is even more annoying.

@Doctor.1384 said:Return empty vessel or make other sun breaks cheaper. Other classes can choose to have as many stunbreaks as they want rev cannot and other classes understand that it can be easily stunlocked after it breaks stun after a legend swap.

Don't need it.

We have had way more build options now that Invocation isn't shackling us with Empty Vessel.

In fact, we have a huge problem with stunbreaks because of skill bloat and high skill cost.

We need skills rebalanced around a cheaper cost and Rev would be in a good spot.

Oh, and give Ventari a Stunbreak for the love of god.

@"Shao.7236" said:

Weapons

Staff

It's in a great spot with the changes it's got, I know a lot of people got upset at the changes to the 2nd skill, I did too but this makes the whole weapon less trivial as well as adding value to the 5th skill, balancing it for already how strong it is and Revenant has a whole having so many accessible CC's. The 3rd skill was also no exception, extremely strong before, now there's some actual input to it.

Traits

Salvation

This traitline is actually good and fairly varied, the only problem is orbs. Please Anet, either rework the traits based on orbs altogether or make the orbs track players. There's too much visual clutter or RNG to make it viable. Fragments are already random enough, strange to also not have self increased healing but that's probably fair given how that goes with bunkers.

Skills / Stances

Legendary Centaur

• Project Tranquility should "tether" the Tablet and "follow" the player until Ventari's Will is used where manual control is took until Energy Expulsion is used to reset it back to tether. This is an important change that needs to be looked into with how clunky it is to handle, have the players will lose the benefits of using anything that relates to a healing skill such as Blindness from Blinding Truths or runes that provide extra benefits from using it often, it balances the playstyle out.
  • Purifying Essence absolutely needs to be a stunbreak, make it happen so that the legend can finally step out of the Glint/Jalis combo's, it sucks to be so limited. There is too much CC in the game to say that one legend should not have one. Even if the Tablet can be handled while stunned among other things, the pressure is too great, Ventari bonuses are all outgoing, there's nothing to recover from a stunlock the moment a whole entire zerg decides to focus the user entering the stance. While at it, an additional condition for a total of 4 and 30 energy to unify around the other stunbreak skills.

Actually, I think it would be nice if Anet can unify the "Healing Orbs" and "Healing Fragments"And make it bounce to the lowest HP (in %) allies within the range when created.

For traits, Tranquil Balance, and Selfless Amplification is too powerful that let the other 2 traits pointless.Separate Alacrity with Natural Harmony.

For Legendary Centaur Skills,Tablet should double the current moving speedIncrease range of Ventari's Will to 1500, 900 can never follow a moving group with 3s CDRemove the delay of Natural Harmony

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Update, Mallyx is dead until they reconsider Resistance to affect poison and properly adapt the skills to the new changes.

+ demonic resistance should be -20% condi dmg reduction in every game mode. That would fix the immortal rev stuff too

• Shao.7236 changed the title to QoL Buff and Nerf Wishlist/Request for Revenant Skills/Traits (11 May 2021)
On 1/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

Don't need it.

We have had way more build options now that Invocation isn't shackling us with Empty Vessel.

In fact, we have a huge problem with stunbreaks because of skill bloat and high skill cost.

We need skills rebalanced around a cheaper cost and Rev would be in a good spot.

Oh, and give Ventari a Stunbreak for the love of god.

I dont like Elite Ventari, IMO needs to be something else, wish Anet could get something .. its a 50 condi cleanse that's never used....  

Maybe Anet can give something on the tablet elite skil as a stunbreakl, atm its a knobback spam ever 2-3 sec deploy tablet in zone and explode, repeat until players on siege get tired of the KB spam.

@"Alik.9651"

Im actually ok with the tablet movement(im also used to it since its my main build on pvp gameplay) its gameplay is to deploy on zone and not something that works like a pet to follow us, keep it simple as it it, but for sure lacks something i kinda miss t he tablet movement protection 1 sec every 3 sec.

When one move its always to keep tablet dome in front of the team/ comander and tablet control works very well for that, it is not ment to follow a zerg like a pet....

Maybe the tether could work on the elite ventari set is as passive to follow  and active mode giving a pulse aoe when changing mode where that pulse could be used as a  stunbreaker?

Edited by Aeolus.3615

20 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

+ demonic resistance should be -20% condi dmg reduction in every game mode. That would fix the immortal rev stuff too

I like this idea, but that makes Renegade have the ability to completely ignore Condi Damage at almost all times while in Jalis as long as it has Righteous Rebel + 5 stacks of Fervor, Resolution + Resistance, and Vengeful Hammers.  I think they need to be careful about doing that if they do. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I dont like Elite Ventari, IMO needs to be something else, wish Anet could get something .. its a 50 condi cleanse that's never used....  

Maybe Anet can give something on the tablet elite skil as a stunbreakl, atm its a knobback spam ever 2-3 sec deploy tablet in zone and explode, repeat until players on siege get tired of the KB spam.

@"Alik.9651"

Im actually ok with the tablet movement(im also used to it since its my main build on pvp gameplay) its gameplay is to deploy on zone and not something that works like a pet to follow us, keep it simple as it it, but for sure lacks something i kinda miss t he tablet movement protection 1 sec every 3 sec.

When one move its always to keep tablet dome in front of the team/ comander and tablet control works very well for that, it is not ment to follow a zerg like a pet....

Maybe the tether could work on the elite ventari set is as passive to follow  and active mode giving a pulse aoe when changing mode where that pulse could be used as a  stunbreaker?

Ventari works great in it's current state, still, trying to heal people with it feels super janky and unfun while on the go, often wasted.

The elite make sense and does have great reasons to exist with the lack of stunbreak in the profession.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 

All the time is exaggerated, whether it's coming from Versed in Stone or Breakrazor, it takes an investment to do it and is nothing short of being vulnerable to Power.

If it had truly been a problem, that combination would have been much more popular at the time since it's impossible to strip. Only CC the summon or player out.

Edited by Shao.7236

26 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Ventari works great in it's current state, still, trying to heal people with it feels super janky and unfun while on the go, often wasted.

The elite make sense and does have great reasons to exist with the lack of stunbreak in the profession.

It still funny how some players still dodge when u  throw the tablet being ally or enemy :D

To avoid miss heal, i cast heal then move tablet to the place, it feel more heavy burden tho.

Maybe to improve it:

- Slighly faster movement  cast heal on movement start, cast heal on movement heal (note its current heal is arround  700-800)

- Increase tablet range, maybe this is a bit to much for its  suposed support area.

- Elite skills needs to be something (i accept anything else  usefull rather than a KD spam bomb)

- reduce Energy consume of some revenant utilities. (some utilities are to eahheavy on energy for their result)

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

It still funny how some players still dodge when u  throw the tablet being ally or enemy 😄

To avoid miss heal, i cast heal then move tablet to the place, it feel more heavy burden tho.

Maybe to improve it:

- Slighly faster movement  cast heal on movement start, cast heal on movement heal (note its current heal is arround  700-800)

- Increase tablet range, maybe this is a bit to much for its  suposed support area.

- Elite skills needs to be something (i accept anything else  usefull rather than a KD spam bomb)

- reduce Energy consume of some revenant utilities. (some utilities are to eahheavy on energy for their result)

Energy % are fine, legends are not meant to be camped and having high energy costs makes Charged Mists play style possible.

Ventari is in many ways the best Healing support as it can heal a ton more often and in less time than any support out there, not counting the other legend, as an example Jalis can provide the greatest damage reduction in the game for the time being then return to Ventari for another potent healing session.

What it needs really is some way (Tether the most simple to implement) to have more consistent ways to heal teammates. Not having a stunbreak justifies many of the power skills Ventari already has right now.

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I like this idea, but that makes Renegade have the ability to completely ignore Condi Damage at almost all times while in Jalis as long as it has Righteous Rebel + 5 stacks of Fervor, Resolution + Resistance, and Vengeful Hammers.  I think they need to be careful about doing that if they do. 

It already has the option to have an 100% condi damage reduction.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Energy % are fine, legends are not meant to be camped and having high energy costs makes Charged Mists play style possible.

Ventari is in many ways the best Healing support as it can heal a ton more often and in less time than any support out there, not counting the other legend, as an example Jalis can provide the greatest damage reduction in the game for the time being then return to Ventari for another potent healing session.

What it needs really is some way (Tether the most simple to implement) to have more consistent ways to heal teammates. Not having a stunbreak justifies many of the power skills Ventari already has right now.

I used to be very much in favor of a stunbreak while in Ventari, but with the current powercreep I would say i am in agreeance with you now that the design makes more sense now. I agree that Ventari's biggest issue currently is landing the skills on allies because the legend skills themselves are all actually quite good. I have made my own personal suggestions on how to help remedy this and I would really love ANet to make the legend feels more usable and adaptable in realistic high-mobility scenarios.

I can understand Aeolus' (can't seem to tag users on mobile) issues with the elite knockback spam and to an extent I do agree with him, but at the same time I think the skill is super useful. Rev is the only class with no rez skill or trait (EC interaction could be considered a bug), so the elite spam is Rev's roundabout version of that. It provides absolutely amazing rez enabling and stomp deniability and I would be sad to see it go. But honestly I just find it to be so fun and in general useful. It feels meh in PvP in my eyes because of the nerfed knockback radius, but I won't pretend to act like I know what I'm talking about in that game mode since I have long since played it seriously.

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 

All the time is exaggerated, whether it's coming from Versed in Stone or Breakrazor, it takes an investment to do it and is nothing short of being vulnerable to Power.

If it had truly been a problem, that combination would have been much more popular at the time since it's impossible to strip. Only CC the summon or player out.

My original comment reads "at almost all times while in Jalis"  so it's not exaggerated.  My comment is talking about the hypothetical situation of changing Demonic Resistance to -20% Condition Damage potentially overbuffing Renegade while in Jalis.  This is factually true now since Resolution + Righteous Rebel + Vengeful Hammers + the Hypothetical Demonic Resistance 20% would be over 100% for most or all of the time spent in Jalis

Just now, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

My original comment reads "at almost all times while in Jalis"  so it's not exaggerated.  My comment is talking about the hypothetical situation of changing Demonic Resistance to -20% Condition Damage potentially overbuffing Renegade while in Jalis.  This is factually true now since Resolution + Righteous Rebel + Vengeful Hammers + the Hypothetical Demonic Resistance 20% would be over 100% for most or all of the time spent in Jalis

They honestly should make more use of Dark Aura, it's a very underused buff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

It already has the option to have an 100% condi damage reduction.

Right it does, but only when factoring in Versed in Stone/Rite of the Great Dwarf and Breakrazor.  With -20% consistently from Resistance it buffs it from the 67%-87% threshold to 107% plus more consistently

• 3 weeks later...

I have an suggestion to make a herald more flexible for group compositions without buffing the herald itself. 

Elevated Compassion is a trait, that heals allies (Only allies) every 3 seconds for a decent amount. But for herald, doesnt matter if boon herald , heal herald, damage herald etc.  its a trait that will almost never be seen in action. 

So without making herald itself tankier, this trait should grant (only) allies Barrier instead of raw healing. This way a herald can also (almost) cover a spot of an  secondary healer (like the OP heal scourge, just a lot weaker).

And since its in the top trait line together with Shared Empowerment ,which has an 1second cooldown, it should synergize through a 1second cooldown aswell.

Dont forget:  Barrier lasts 5 seconds & is not affected by heal modifiers.

I would recommend 

Elevated Compassion:  - Grants Barrier to nearby allies when granting them a boon

- 1 Second cooldown

- 200 Barrier (+ Healpower x0,1) in PvE/WvW   ;   100 Barrier (+ Healpower x0,05) in PvP

This way a herald could potentially keep a max of 1000 barrier on allies,  a herald with 1600 Healing power would achieve a max of 1800 Barrier before the first apply depletes again.

Half of that in PvP.

Like all the rev heal modifiers, the herald itself wont benefit at all from that. It will have to sustain itself through other sources. (the same problem all heal revs have)

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Shao.7236 changed the title to QoL Buff and Nerf Wishlist/Request for Revenant Skills/Traits (28 Feb 2022)
  • Shao.7236 changed the title to QoL Buff and Nerf Wishlist/Request for Revenant Skills/Traits (8 July 2022)
On 5/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, Aeolus.3615 said:

It still funny how some players still dodge when u  throw the tablet being ally or enemy 😄

Maybe to improve it:

The stunbreak skills in particular need their energy costs reduced. Breaking stuns isn't as effective as stability. You're still getting interrupted and rooted for a moment when CC'ed and lose momentum/still can get overwhelmed. They really don't need to be so high, especially Shiro's.

And then there's rangers with their 3+ second dazes. I didn't have the energy for a stunbreak skill and became an easy kill after that.

As a WvW'er, these are a few changes I want for Vindicator:

-An evade on the movement skill for Greatsword (Phantom's Onslaught). It already has a long cooldown to balance it.

-Something like a small duration superspeed on Death Drop. Higher mobility with that version of the jump in general since it has a small radius for it's attack, it's hard to land offensively already by being telegraphed. Also, since it's an offensive trait/ability, it needs to cast faster. The evade frame could also be reduced along with the damage, and this particular trait/playstyle could be given 2 dodges.

It's just much more fun to play this way and helps with disengage when playing power. I don't want to be tanky in WvW/PvP settings, I want mobility and burst potential since power playstyles are generally squishier. Which is why I want it to work this way when I build for it. This ability deserves to have more impact. Mirage Cloak can be used while stunned, and you can use any of your weapon skills or utilities while using it. Vindicator's jump can't.

-Alliance Tactics should restore 10 energy.

-Just realized one more important one that I think should be added. Alliance heals are actually nicely balanced imo. You get two short CD heals that are pretty weak on healing to compensate. But they're also channeled. If they're going to channel, they should also pulse a fire combo field on you for the red one, and a water field on the blue one.

A big issue with greatsword and Alliance skills is that there's hardly any fields/self-combo'ing there. While you're channeling, you're not doing anything, especially when the heals are pretty weak. It's not like you can use both heals at the same time, either. You're easy to burst down during this. At least with a combo field you can get more value with it by chaining a leap skill in it or something towards the end.

Greatsword also needs another combo finisher added to one of it's skills.

Rev in general is highly susceptible to CC and boon steal/boon removal. People know how to counter it, so give Vindicator these tools please. It'll be fine.

Edit:

Man I'm putting way too much effort into a post I know is gonna get ignored by Anet. They're gonna be like "tldr just gonna do what I want", probably.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Thanks 2