Dragonhunter pull is almost an exploit!

frareanselm.1925

@Vornollo.5182 said:Lol.If you're standing on the edge of a wall without cover, you can of course get pulled.It's not just Dragonhunters who can do this and it's been a part of the game (and gave many fun memories, even while on the receiving end) since launch.

The point is multiple pulls when the cooldown isn't even remotely over.

We are seeing some very bad programming allowing a lot of exploits and this is only one of them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@frareanselm.1925 said:When I play WVW this crazy thing happened multiple times, I was on the top of a tower defending as a ranger, and a dragonhunter who was on the floor pulls me out of the tower to the floor. Cmon this has zero logicAnt this is great. - Thanks all for part of fun. Not for you. But this is part of fun.For me zero logic is stand o top of a tower without stability.

@"frareanselm.1925" said:When I play WVW this crazy thing happened multiple times, I was on the top of a tower defending as a ranger, and a dragonhunter who was on the floor pulls me out of the tower to the floor. Cmon this has zero logic, how can a chain have so OP range that can reach to the top of a tower???This is has no sense, in real life a tower may have at least 12 meters!I hope anet understand hgow OP this is that looks like science fiction. At least the range should be shorter!

Look at me doing way worst than DH single pull

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@"frareanselm.1925" said:When I play WVW this crazy thing happened multiple times, I was on the top of a tower defending as a ranger, and a dragonhunter who was on the floor pulls me out of the tower to the floor. Cmon this has zero logic, how can a chain have so OP range that can reach to the top of a tower???This is has no sense, in real life a tower may have at least 12 meters!I hope anet understand hgow OP this is that looks like science fiction. At least the range should be shorter!

That is hysterical!!

@Karma.3064 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:When I play WVW this crazy thing happened multiple times, I was on the top of a tower defending as a ranger, and a dragonhunter who was on the floor pulls me out of the tower to the floor. Cmon this has zero logic, how can a chain have so OP range that can reach to the top of a tower???This is has no sense, in real life a tower may have at least 12 meters!I hope anet understand hgow OP this is that looks like science fiction. At least the range should be shorter!So throwing a spear with an ultralight titanium chain attached to it for 12m is less realistic than a guy with a bow casting magic, being abble to make himself invisible and commanding animals that are casting magic too?

Btw.: an exploit is the usage of game mechanics in an (by the dev) unintended way. Quite the opposite of what you think it is. That skill is made to pull you off that tower.

I doubt this is intended to pull a player off a tower. Devs didnt imagined that this skill would be misused in wvw.As a ranger with my longbow skill n4 I cannot throw a npc guard off of a tower, I remember in beta 2012 I could throw them and then was fixed.All attacks that trespassed walls have been fixed except the DH pull because doesnt trespass literally, but the range is absolutely not justificable, and overpowered.

1.) Why do you consider this skill misused? Does your view of a pull skill being "misused in wvw" extend to every other pull skill in the game?2.) No NPC can be pushed or yanked off a ledge, but you are not a NPC. You can freely knock other player off a tower with your longbow 4.3.) What do you mean by attacks that trespass walls? As you mentioned, you were not pulled through the wall but off the wall.

4.) Why do you feel the range is not justifiable and is overpowered? On the contrary, 1200 seems quite standard for active pulls (Thief's Scorpion Wire, Ranger's Iboga pet, Engi's Magnet, etc.)>

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Spear of Justice has 1200 unit range (
)

That's 1200 units whether you are standing on the top of a tower, keep, hill, etc. Also can't help giggle abit at the irony of a longbow tower ranger complaining about an ability having too long a range. Good thing players aren't reporting rangers for hitting people with longbow beyond 1500 units heheh

A Ranger by definition has to have the longest range in the game. A guardian, with heavy armor, tons of blocks and heals, shouldnt have that long range.

A base guardian does not have access to that long range pull--only the Dragonhunter specialization.

Keep in mind that the Dragonhunter specialization toolkit has elements quite similar to the archetype of Rangers--they gained access to Longbow as a weapon, Traps as utility skills, and a throwable spear. It makes sense for them to have access to range (plus the DH range is still lower than the range available to Rangers).

What's wrong with these pulls is that they IGNORE angle and heigh. And what i mean by that is: me as a ranger when I try to shot an arrow, if I'm not in the edge of the wall always appear the text in red: "obstructed" "obstructed" "obstructed". Also a little irregularity in the terrain that cuts the trajectory of an arrow "obstructed".But these pulls ignore all angles and perspectives without problems, theyre magic.

Oh don't you even complain about the obstructed thing. Guardians ranged weapons have been the worst in the entire game. Go actually play guardian or find a friend who plays one and ask him to just try and auto attack you with any of the ranged weapons. Literally walk from side to side and EVERY shot misses. Guardians have the worst tracking of any ranged weapon. Hell i've seen Rangers arrows curve to hit targets before and not just a small curve, literally make 60 degree turns to hit someone and this is while playing one....

As far as the spear thing, its your fault for standing up on a ledge where you can get pulled off. Anything that has a pull affect can pull you off of the wall, not just the spear. They fix that and you are going to cry about the next thing. Accept the fact that this is how ALL skills of this type work and that you need to be more aware of your surrounding instead of sudo afking while you play....

I remember fighting ranger.mesmers P4 ( obstructed )mesmers P5 ( abstructed )mesmer gs4 while jumping ( abstructed )gs2 ( obstructed )gs 1 ( obstructed )Meanwhile ranger autos and rapid-fires, everything lands, used disort to reflect, arrows get reflected and land, but my skills still keep obstructing :Drangers arrows are special and go out of their way to hit you

@Opopanax.1803 said:

That is hysterical!!

ngl you whould have gotten me if I was there :D

but after you spectral walk back to push them off again.... its just.. so deserved

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

That is hysterical!!

ngl you whould have gotten me if I was there :D

but after you spectral walk back to push them off again.... its just.. so deserved

Yep. I get many with gs5 after also. Love gettting the hate and love messages after

• 4 weeks later...

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:That would be reality. Defense of towers is very difficult because you can rarely stand or place siege anywhere that isnt bomb-able from the ground outside, which is kinda ridiculous. In what scenario would a defender on a wall ever be at a disadvantage to those attacking?

One where magic exists. One like GW2.