Balance Patch Preview - WvW

Cal Cohen.2358

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:"player experience matters" = you can stand on top of the walls and be untouchable while spamming aoes on enemies? Great, fair and interactive gameplay indeed. :sleeping:

Experience does matter...those with experience know to use a Mortar kit and arc your shots far enough from the edge so you can bomb those below without getting pulled :lol:

+1

Thank You!

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:"player experience matters" = you can stand on top of the walls and be untouchable while spamming aoes on enemies? Great, fair and interactive gameplay indeed. :sleeping:

Experience does matter...those with experience know to use a Mortar kit and arc your shots far enough from the edge so you can bomb those below without getting pulled :lol:

+1

Thank You!

@Turkeyspit.3965 it's hilarious how burnfall didn't even understand what you wrote :lol:

• Confused 1

Except for the fact that meteor, barrage, and to some extent mortar can all hit on top of walls and clear most siege too, while most other aoes cast from above requires you to be at the front of the wall or even on the lip where you can easily get pulled, not to mention rangers also going in parapet corners and using entangle to those above them to lock them down for aoes. It's a two way street, there's no untouchables.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Except for the fact that meteor, barrage, and to some extent mortar can all hit on top of walls and clear most siege too, while most other aoes cast from above requires you to be at the front of the wall or even on the lip where you can easily get pulled, not to mention rangers also going in parapet corners and using entangle to those above them to lock them down for aoes. It's a two way street, there's no untouchables.

Yeah it's a two way street, but it wouldn't be without certain mechanics, not sure what point you're trying to make here.

• Confused 1

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:so i decided to take a break after playing raid in Final Fantasy 14 online into wvw. Once i entered, i joined a party who decided to take Durios. After taking Durios, a large enemy servers arrived and decided to retrieve it. It didn't take long for the Toxic Pullings Fiesta Gimmicks to begin. 1 by 1, we were hurled down from the walls by 1 Thief player. It didn't take long for myself to be lunged down-forward into instant death.

As i layed on the ground with the party dead players, it all came back to me, 'why did i even bother to log into the game to take a break?'

WHAT IS THE POINT OF TAKING A BREAK WHEN TOXIC GIMMICKS IS THE HOSTESS OF WVW?

i immediately logged out and logged in to Guild Wars 1

NOW THIS IS WHAT I SHOULD'VE LONGED IN, TO BEGIN WITH

Once again, I Praise Guild Wars 1 for not putting up with Toxic Gimmicks

-that is all and i continue to wish Guild Wars a healthy prosperous future-

A Future Where Players Experience Matters, PERIOD!!
Yeah that OP thief pull.

Everyone has it now, especially in zergs where you are getting pulled and CCd with skills spinning their cd for 10+ seconds straight.

Its weird that you never actually see them, but they
are
thieves I guess.

+1

take a look at this

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

How do you do that? Is there a vid showing it?

@Justine.6351 said:

How do you do that? Is there a vid showing it?

Nah, because Mortar Kit is ground targeted but shoots in an arc, it ignore the 'obstruction' you get from the edge of the wall which requires Rangers, DH's, etc, to stand on the very edge to hit attackers down below. In some spots you can actually stand at the back of the battlement, out of range of most AoEs and pulls. Only barrage and meteor shower can hit, and of course you have to watch for reflects.

One spot that's particularly fun is the ramp leading up to the lord on Veloka. From around midway there, you can shoot outwards and hit the mountain wall, which is a normal spot for attackers to build catas or shield gens. Since Mortar Kit 1 is spammable, you just stand up there chucking mortars until the siege is dead, and the barrier you get from using explosives mitigates any damage you take from retaliation.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Some kind of diminishing returns should be implemented. Can be anything such as
  1. You are immune to the same type of CC for 3 sec regardless of who is applying it to you. Eg 2 stuns in a row...you will only be affected by the first stun if the second is applied within 3 sec,

or
  1. Each successive CC of same type (eg 2 stuns or 2 dazes etc). The duration is reduced by 50% for each successive one if applied within 5 sec of the previous one. The 3 rd consecutive CC has no affect unless applied after 5 sec since the last one.

Numbers can be tweaked of course.

So just take one stunbreak and youre gucci? Nah. They removed - rightly so- damage from hard CC. Cant imagine having DR on CC.

No stun break that i know of has a 3 sec CD, so i don't know where you get the take one stun break and you're "gucci"

@Mikhael.2391 said:

That after being hit by a disabling CC (knock backs pull disable stun stagger daze etc) after the effect ends either by stunbreak or end of effect time the folowin1/2s you will ignore all CC to prevent stunlock and brainless not fun gameplay.

So... if you walk into a carpet of CCs, you can ignore them?

Might as well remove all stun breaks then. Which doesn’t make sense..

Or does it? Maybe do not spam the a carpet of CCs and time them? so people actually use their brains to use the CC. Riight now I cant have 3 stun breaks plus dodges and still be CCed by just 2 players with more than 4 CCs. I am not saying I have to survive outnumbers but being stunlocked just to look without being able to do nothing is bad development. Its a better feature for the mode as many other games have benefited and makes fights more enjoyable instead of exhausting the stun breaks and wait to die due to constant CCs

So wait... you can bring 2 stun breaks and be able to run through a Zerg without being CCd.... you would have 6+ seconds of essentially not being CCd.

Maybe people need to tone their pushes and maybe their dodges... And continue with stab.

Increase stability sure.. but a 3 second cooldown?

C’mon man...

• 7 months later...

Really disappointed, as usual. As i understand u find global dps too high so there is reduction for all class, efficiency of boons is the same way.But in the same time u touch cd of weapons and you go far far away , til 5 scd ( main hand). There is no way autoshot to be fun. Assume more dps reduction but let a rotation on the weapon. The game have to stay fun and dynamic. My 2 cents

@chat.4062 said:Really disappointed, as usual. As i understand u find global dps too high so there is reduction for all class, efficiency of boons is the same way.But in the same time u touch cd of weapons and you go far far away , til 5 scd ( main hand). There is no way autoshot to be fun. Assume more dps reduction but let a rotation on the weapon. The game have to stay fun and dynamic. My 2 centsThis thread is a year old, you necro skills seems to still have enough dps.

Why did we necro this?

Is this Alliances?

Ed. If we're gonna real-talk for a second: I think this is just another example of good-old Anet being good-old Anet. They likely gutted the few resources competetive had and put them into other things for a while again. That rebalancing of teams have always been rather lopsided. It seems to work internally the same way we are used to it externally, with competetive giving but never getting, kinda like how PvP players who give never really gets.

The guiding ideas behind the changes are still good and some areas of PvP (eg., larger scale WvW) are arguably better even now in this less than stellar situation. However, the iteration just hasn't been there or has been highly underwhelming. It wasn't too hard to figure out where things were going a month or so after the first patch or two. The problem is that we haven't seen much change from there over 10 odd months now. There are some very obvious condi issues that immidiately appeared that still have not been addressed at all. The gutting of the Warrior with the CC/damage changes is a sensitive topic but I'd argue the big fault with it is that it still lingers as a "beta" this much time later, not that the ideas behind it would have been bad from the onset. It's good ideas but a bad approach, especially given the infamous iteration/always-beta issues that always plagues the PvP modes overall (nevermind the dangling).

• 2 weeks later...