Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

• 2 weeks later...

@Linken.6345 said:Yea then legendaries will get upgradedif you look around how it done in all other games - answer no. Strong typed NO :)Ofc you can still use old armor for old content but new raid wings and new dungions from EoD can be closed for you.

, same way they got upgraded to ascended nice try tho.again - no. We can just predict, but be sure - ofc no.

Let it see. We can't be sure.

It’s something come to idea in my mind for Legendary Armory designs to make it easier and comfortable what we can use it simply. I did some read some of the Legendary Armor people suggestions are great ideas. Maybe I missed the information, let me know about them what I did write this post.

First, I’d only one thing I like to focus on the skins. Take them into separate from the bounded gears turn into the Transmute Skin Equipment tab with the changing button of Standard Equipment and PvP Equipment tabs in the character bound’s “any name” Template tabs. So, we can use multi skin fashion with each power, heal, or more PvE/WvW stats instead of a single fashion with those multi stats. Fashion Wars! Only we can pay the new template tabs to unlock each of them and using the transmutation charges for the skins.

Second, for Legendary gears’ and weapons’ stats, we can use the identified symbols on the Standard Equipment tab. For example, you picks the ‘axe’ logo or red diamond gem on the Legendary Chest Armor as its named of Berserker with the stats like the pvp amulet’s symbols, but it’s each of them on the gears and weapons like head, shoulder, etc… with PvE/WvW stats. It’s showing it in the Standard Equipment.

Third, for Legendary Weapons, if I change my Greatsword turn into the Mace/Shield while the Transmute Skin Equipment active, it will vanish to hide in the Transmute Skin Equipment system and show the Mace/Shield skins like normal what we have the skins… Or.. Set them into the Legendary Weaponry like the Legendary Armory? Possibly, they will be in the new Legendary Armory/Weaponry (account bounded) Inventories. Is it? Maybe. Help here what you get an idea, GW2 and ANets Friends. I hope you figure it out with my ideas. God blesses the ANet designers get the motivations.

Forth, the Legendary Armory Inventories, it will be automatically addition after use the legendary armors, weapons, sigils, and runes in the slots after used them. Unless… we can buy something usefully slots with an in-game gold or gem.

Last, for Wardrobe, simply we need add the Transmute Template Tabs in top of the wardrobe tab like the Equipment tab's template tabs or standard/pvp equipment changing tabs. So it will easy to set the skin in it instead of we will keep changing between Equipment and Wardrobe tabs.

I hope they will help your ideas about my flexible suggestions, ANets. I will looking forward to the Legendary Armory and EoD expansion.

@lare.5129 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Yea then legendaries will get upgradedif you look around how it done in all other games - answer no. Strong typed NO :)Ofc you can still use old armor for old content but new raid wings and new dungions from EoD can be closed for you.

, same way they got upgraded to ascended nice try tho.again - no. We can just predict, but be sure - ofc no.

Sure other games being the key of your post here, but if you look how gw2 have done it you see its like my first statment my friend.

@lare.5129 said:

We don't have to look to other games when we have an example of how things were handled in THIS game.

@lare.5129 said:

@Linken.6345 said:, same way they got upgraded to ascended nice try tho.again - no. We can just predict, but be sure - ofc no.

Obviously we can't know for sure. Then again, why would there be an announcement about legendary armory 1.5 years in advance (and likely before there were ANY plans in place for EoD given the expansion was in a design phase at that moment in time), when it would not even apply to current legendary gear?

Somehow your logic does not add up.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Obviously we can't know for sure. Then again, why would there be an announcement about legendary armory 1.5 years in advance (and likely before there were ANY plans in place for EoD given the expansion was in a design phase at that moment in time), when it would not even apply to current legendary gear?some thing can merged in result ..

Somehow your logic does not add up.I don't try find any logic. It is useless thing in real live. I just mention what future is unknown.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Yea then legendaries will get upgradedif you look around how it done in all other games - answer no. Strong typed NO :)Ofc you can still use old armor for old content but new raid wings and new dungions from EoD can be closed for you.

This isn't other games though. We've had the situation where new gear came out that was better than legendary. ANet just raised all existing legendary gear to the new max level. Quote: "Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items."

So we don't have to predict anything, we can just take ANet's word and past actions on this matter. Legendary items will always be "best-in-slot".https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

@DeLys.5380 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Any updates on when this will occur (if ever)?

Probably not, ANET tends to keep quiet on these things.

The biggest struggle I see for them is in their current proposal it would crash a part of the market if any 80 toons can "freely" get leggy armor.

I think it would be wiser to make it an exchange. I unlock heavy leggy armor, then on another heavy armor I exchange ascended armor piece for piece. That way you still invest in good gear for your alt getting to that top Stat tier, but can then have functionality of a legendary item without having do the leggy item grind twice.

I'm holding on gearing alts up, because I am not sure now if we get this feature or not, Emotionally I am very neutral so don't worry on hurting my feelings. (I'm not entitled to anything)

I just like to know if it comes or not, if it's still on the table my alts can stay mediocre a while longer if it doesn't come I like very much to help those poor souls.

Thank u very much u guys are awesome

@Linken.6345 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Could we please get confirmation on if this is planned to be released with EoD or on It's own?

Well considering they would talk to us when they are longer in the development process and they have not done that.We can with 99% assume that this is on hold, in the same vein as steam launch is frozen.

I would assume at this point they will not divulge any information on this until closer to the expansion, or after. We can speculate all we want at this point. I feel it would be a great release with the final Chapter of Icebrood Saga, making it unlockable similar to how previous Legendary Trinkets are unlockable. This could give great incentive for mastering Icebrood Saga as well as selling it to potential buyers of this LW season. If it doesn’t happen this way, it’ll probably come out after the expansion is released as a, “it’ll release when it’s ready” kind of feature. In the meantime, I’m cramming as much legendaries as I can make.

I fear that they are going to use this as the next big thing for the expansion. HoT got gliders. PoF got mounts. EoD will be legendary Amory. If this is the case I will be upset. Don't get me wrong I want this feature to come out. I just don't want it to be the focal point outside of Cantha.

@Excursion.9752 said:I fear that they are going to use this as the next big thing for the expansion. HoT got gliders. PoF got mounts. EoD will be legendary Amory. If this is the case I will be upset. Don't get me wrong I want this feature to come out. I just don't want it to be the focal point outside of Cantha.

It won’t be the big expansion idea because 1, not everyone makes legendaries so who would buy an expansion just for that, and 2, it’s supposed to be an update to the existing template system. I imagine it will get a release when it’s ready as they always say. I can see this being something unlockable with the end of icebrood saga, or they’ll release it after the expansion once they can dedicate more time to it.

A massive change that needs to be made to LA is that the different gear templates you have can be transmogged separately for the same legendary. Many people Identify their gear based on appearance, and currently if you transmute an equipped legendary in one gear template, it appears the same in all others. This will severely limit the usability of the LA for people that specialize many gear templates for 1 character.

@Firebeard.1746 said:A massive change that needs to be made to LA is that the different gear templates you have can be transmogged separately for the same legendary. Many people Identify their gear based on appearance, and currently if you transmute an equipped legendary in one gear template, it appears the same in all others. This will severely limit the usability of the LA for people that specialize many gear templates for 1 character.

I do agree that this change to allow transmutation for different templates on legendary gear would be usefull. Currently you can’t do that if you have just legendary gear. I think it would make it more worthwhile if people could do this with legendaries.