Commander Tag (ANET wishlist)

corwin.8356

Hey folks, when you've got some downtime from making important things like high heels for charr and other visual trinkets, can you maybe throw some better color options out for the commander tags.? Three of the colors are unusable in WvW due to blending in with opposition colors (red, green, blue), white is a pain in the alpine borerlands, so you end up with yellow, orange, pink and purples used the most (baby blue comes in dead last). It's often that a tag has to swap colors when moving maps to avoid group confusion.

Ideally (this is the wish) you could use your guild logo as tag, but since I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, Just adding dark grey and black would help a lot in terms of easy options. If you could split up the upper and lower portions of a tag and choose between the 9 colors you have it would massively increased the options.

Oh and make the PvE players pay for it on the Gem Store. (Which is the only way to get things done apparently)

Fluff. Just extra fluff.

All I want is the ability to hover over a tag and see the description that the commander has set so people stop fucking joining expecting a zerg tag when I run havoc, roaming or scout tag. Colors and shapes have become meaningless. Tag up and all you get is a bunch of seagulls going "pass?" in chat.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Fluff. Just extra fluff.

All I want is the ability to hover over a tag and see the description that the commander has set so people stop kitten joining expecting a zerg tag when I run havoc, roaming or scout tag. Colors and shapes have become meaningless. Tag up and all you get is a bunch of seagulls going "pass?" in chat.

Pass, as in they want you to pass the tag? I'm not getting your reference.

he means he doesn't wanna see tags at all, bc he wants to keep fighting NPC animals in peace and for some reason needs to do that in Wvw, i guess.__but yeah, many tags are hard to see. blue is still a commonly used tag. violet one is by far the best to see.

yellow is hard to spot on bright maps, similar with white , orange gets harder to spot if orange swords are up, red-blue-green as teamcolors can be difficult as well. imo the tag-symbol should just have a better contrast or sth alike. to be fair, it ain't easy since many people glow like disco balls

The commander tag needs to be more contrasting compared to the visual clutter ingame. Still get lots of people who need to use the party marker on the commander to be able to see them.

To me this still shows there is a deficiency with the tags themselves where they are not meeting their desired requirement.

The commander tags lack contrast and are often way to low (even if normalizing all models). Squad object markers can be more effective due to being multi colored but they do not always work well in combination with the commander tag and they can still suffer from being too low (lack the height of ground markers).

Something like this?Full image: https://i.imgur.com/eLqofP4.png

eLqofP4.png

Great ideas related to commander tags on this post! :) thanks!Compiled above key points & placed them here in this a past poll/post:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102056/commander-mentor-squad-ui-in-need-of-improvements-comments-feedback-suggestions

*Any further comments welcomed!