Thief and WvW (Need Nerf)

mrt.7813

Hello friends

I've been playing since 2013 This is lately the thieves got into the game

How is it logic to fly 3000 range using a skill?shotbow 5 time needs to be addedinvisibility times need to be reducedKeep / Gari Hiding Members Always non-stop.10 people run after a thief now it has become cancer-like I do not understandwhat should we players do? I push logical explanation Regulations must come to thieves.

we know the logic for thief but not that much When it comes 2 3, it goes out of range in 1 2 seconds no class like this If you run away and recover, dive behind you in 1 or 2 seconds and make waves, the crime here is in the areanenet team.

10 people run after a thief now it has become cancer-like I do not understandwhat should we players do? I push logical explanation Regulations must come to thieves. we eventually have to swear or insult the games!

Best regards

• Like 1

@mrt.7813 said:Hello friends

How is it logic to fly 3000 range using a skill?shotbow 5 time needs to be addedinvisibility times need to be reducedKeep / Gari Hiding Members Always non-stop.10 people run after a thief now it has become cancer-like I do not understandwhat should we players do? I push logical explanation Regulations must come to thieves.

we know the logic for thief but not that much When it comes 2 3, it goes out of range in 1 2 seconds no class like this If you run away and recover, dive behind you in 1 or 2 seconds and make waves, the crime here is in the areanenet team.

10 people run after a thief now it has become cancer-like I do not understandwhat should we players do? I push logical explanation Regulations must come to thieves. we eventually have to swear or insult the games!

Best regards

Reduce the time for being in stealth? Want to cancel it? Use a tool, which causes the 'Revealed' debuff to them or use any skills that make them unable to enter stealth for a moment(Ranger, Revenant, Dragonhunter, Holosmith can counter the ones who use stealth well). Don't chase them if they desire to retreat to any friendly objectives of theirs. Want to lock them down? Use pulling skills, immobilizing skills, daze, knockdown, make them float into the air, make them stunned in one spot where they stand and use every main sources of damage you have to take them down. That's it. They will have no chances to run and fall down for real. You must time all of the skills on them accordingly and make sure they have no other utility skills and elite skills left to use against you. Good hunting, sir!

3k range what skill ?shoTbow 5 needs to be added to what ?invis needs to be reduced why ?Keep.garri hiding cant be done since theres a radar after a cap.10 people run after One thief Why exactly ?

Stop resorting to calling a spec with the C word because youre too bad to counter it....with 10 people. Theres such a thing as being outplayed,accept it or get better. Its clear that you have no experience playing thief but ask for nerfs about things you dont understand.

• Like 1

@"Caedmon.6798" said:3k range what skill ?shoTbow 5 needs to be added to what ?invis needs to be reduced why ?Keep.garri hiding cant be done since theres a radar after a cap.10 people run after One thief Why exactly ?

Stop resorting to calling a spec with the C word because youre too bad to counter it....with 10 people. Theres such a thing as being outplayed,accept it or get better. Its clear that you have no experience playing thief but ask for nerfs about things you dont understand.

the problem is here with the classes I play Even though I'm using all the cc skills How can these thieves escape? for example > ele focus air 5 ele water focus 4/5 revenant staff 5 warrior hammer all skill cc f1 etc How can they escape elsewhere within 1 second, even though we use such skills? If I were a new player np

https://ibb.co/ncS4mL1 < sample picture I'm just wondering about this how can they get this far?Thank you sir

@mrt.7813 said:

@"Caedmon.6798" said:3k range what skill ?shoTbow 5 needs to be added to what ?invis needs to be reduced why ?Keep.garri hiding cant be done since theres a radar after a cap.10 people run after One thief Why exactly ?

the problem is here with the classes I play Even though I'm using all the cc skills How can these thieves escape? for example > ele focus air 5 ele water focus 4/5 revenant staff 5 warrior hammer all skill cc f1 etc How can they escape elsewhere within 1 second, even though we use such skills? If I were a new player np

< sample picture I'm just wondering about this how can they get this far?Thank you sir

There are few skills, which make the thief manage to travel from one spot to another ; Shadowstep(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units) with Shadow Return(Range:1,200 units) for going back to the original position one activated Shadowstep, Sword: the second skill, the Infiltrator's Strike(Range:900 units) with the Infiltrator's Return(Range:1,200 units), the Preparation skill, the Shadowy Portal(Range:5,000 units), Rifle: the fourth skill for jumping from one's current spot to another, Shortbow: the fifth skill, the Infiltrator's Arrow(Range:600 units). Signet of Infiltrator(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units), allowing one to forward to one's targetted foe or targetted neutral being.

Note: Shadowstep(Utility skill) is one of the few skills , which allows the thief to get out from being stunned. Once it is used, it can be activated again with another in the limitted duration[10 seconds], Shadow Return to break stun and cleanse 3 conditions(whether they are types of condition damage or conditions ; crippling, immoblilizing, weakness, vulnerablility, taunted, feared, slow, chilling, blindness).

• Like 1

@Sylvia.4870 said:

@mrt.7813 said:

< sample picture I'm just wondering about this how can they get this far?Thank you sir

There are few skills, which make the thief manage to travel from one spot to another ; Shadowstep(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units) with Shadow Return(Range:1,200 units) for going back to the original position one activated Shadowstep, Sword: the second skill, the Infiltrator's Strike(Range:1,200 units) with the Infiltrator's Return(Range:900 units), the Preparation skill, the Shadowy Portal(Range:5,000 units), Rifle: the fourth skill for jumping from one's current spot to another, Shortbow: the fifth skill, the Infiltrator's Arrow(Range:600 units). Signet of Infiltrator(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units), allowing one to forward to one's targetted foe or targetted neutral being.

Note: Shadowstep(Utility skill) is one of the few skills , which allows the thief to get out from being stunned. Once it is used, it can be activated again with another in the limitted duration[10 seconds], Shadow Return to break stun and cleanse 3 conditions(whether they are types of condition damage or conditions ; crippling, immoblilizing, weakness, vulnerablility, taunted, feared, slow, chilling, blindness).

This ^. Thats why its really helpful to either run thief yourself,not even to fight but to get an understanding of what they have available,the cd's theyre on and how much init it uses etc.

@mrt.7813 The distance on the pic you show should only be possible by comboing all their mobility skills together.

• Like 1

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@mrt.7813 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:3k range what skill ?shoTbow 5 needs to be added to what ?invis needs to be reduced why ?Keep.garri hiding cant be done since theres a radar after a cap.10 people run after One thief Why exactly ?

There are few skills, which make the thief manage to travel from one spot to another ; Shadowstep(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units) with Shadow Return(Range:1,200 units) for going back to the original position one activated Shadowstep, Sword: the second skill, the Infiltrator's Strike(Range:1,200 units) with the Infiltrator's Return(Range:900 units), the Preparation skill, the Shadowy Portal(Range:5,000 units), Rifle: the fourth skill for jumping from one's current spot to another, Shortbow: the fifth skill, the Infiltrator's Arrow(Range:600 units). Signet of Infiltrator(Utility skill: Range:1,200 units), allowing one to forward to one's targetted foe or targetted neutral being.

This ^. Thats why its really helpful to either run thief yourself,not even to fight but to get an understanding of what they have available,the cd's theyre on and how much init it uses etc.

@mrt.7813 The distance on the pic you show should only be possible by comboing all their mobility skills together.

If you're a lazy thief like me it's a nice way to get to a camp and back to your tower for a supply run quickly if you stagger and drop one stage of those skills at the right spots along the way to roll it all back up for the return trip.

@mrt.7813 said:

Considering what you wrote in your first post, you really look like a new player regardless of your time ingame tbh. The main advice here would be probably: try playing the class to understand it, then complain about it.

To be clear, I don't intend to somehow insult you by saying you look like a new player. What I mean is that it's mostly irrelevant if you're "new" or not when you don't understand what some of the classes do -and from your first post it just looks that you don't know the skills of some of the classes.

• Confused 1

@"ASP.8093" said:A lot of these complaints boil down to "5-10 of us can't CC-spam a thief to death because as soon as we start, the thief Shadowsteps away and then runs fast." There's no semblance of a fight here, just "give bag now."

Well no class should be able to disengage from 5-10 enemies after being CC'ed as the norm. most other classes would be done for and i have to admit the Thief is very forgiving in that regard.

That's why everybody things thief is the ez class with no skill needed, if you mess up you have too many "oh kitten" buttons.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:A lot of these complaints boil down to "5-10 of us can't CC-spam a thief to death because as soon as we start, the thief Shadowsteps away and then runs fast." There's no semblance of a fight here, just "give bag now."

Well no class should be able to disengage from 5-10 enemies after being CC'ed as the norm. most other classes would be done for and i have to admit the Thief is very forgiving in that regard.

That's why everybody things thief is the ez class with no skill needed, if you mess up you have too many "oh kitten" buttons.

Any class should be able to shake 5-10 people if they build for that instead of face planting blobs. Thief will explode faster than other classes and builds, rewarded risk isn't the same as being more forgiving. Very few thief builds have potential to be broken and they should be addressed, but don't try to make it sound like making any thief is some kind of inherent advantage.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Unlike Stability and Invuln, you're just running away. It's situationally better when you're just trying to get out of some unwinnable gank situation but situationally worse when you're trying to actually move with your team and overpower the enemy. Which is how thieves end up as roamers, scouts, skirmishers.

The relative value in a dueling situation is really contingent on whether resetting will cause you to lose an objective (in which case just being able to tank/sustain is usually more valuable) or you're just free to fish for favorable terrain and circumstances for days.

I'd say thief isn't unique in being able to run.

Warrior and Soulbeast both have extremely survivable builds that can run fast, endure/evade a lot of damage, and in the Soulbeast example still set up a burst from 1200-1500 range.

The complaint about thief isn't legitimate. If you can't keep up against a mobile target then stop chasing them. Focus on the objectives and targets you can kill.

If the thief ends up chasing you, then you will have cut down both their damage and escape ability. So by not indulging in the chase you force them to decide whether to stick around.

If you want to kill the thief absolutely no matter what having range burst helps stop a thief from running. Just position that burst in their escape path and keep firing. So does clouding to catch the thief. You should assume the thief has mobility and anticipate where they are going to move. You may be slower but you can be smarter.

@"saerni.2584" said:I'd say thief isn't unique in being able to run.

Warrior and Soulbeast both have extremely survivable builds that can run fast, endure/evade a lot of damage, and in the Soulbeast example still set up a burst from 1200-1500 range.

The complaint about thief isn't legitimate. If you can't keep up against a mobile target then stop chasing them. Focus on the objectives and targets you can kill.Well a Warrior or Soulbeast can not reset the fight at will. Or escape 5-10 enemies if they messed up.

Which i can do as thief. My backstab missed or i didn't one shot? I teleport or go invisible. I get knocked down? I teleport or go invisible. I can even mount up while being invisible. I don't have any TPs left or access to stealth? I cast Dagger Storm .The class is extremely forgiving.

@anduriell.6280 said:

The complaint about thief isn't legitimate. If you can't keep up against a mobile target then stop chasing them. Focus on the objectives and targets you can kill.Well a Warrior or Soulbeast can not reset the fight at will. Or escape 5-10 enemies if they messed up.

Which i can do as thief.
My backstab missed or i didn't one shot? I teleport or go invisible. I get knocked down? I teleport or go invisible. I can even mount up while being invisible. I don't have any TPs left or access to stealth? I cast
.The class is extremely forgiving.

Well, have fun running away as your preferred playstyle then.

• Confused 1

@Sylvia.4870 said:

Best regards

Reduce the time for being in stealth? Want to cancel it? Use a tool, which causes the 'Revealed' debuff to them or use any skills that make them unable to enter stealth for a moment(Ranger, Revenant, Dragonhunter, Holosmith can counter the ones who use stealth well). Don't chase them if they desire to retreat to any friendly objectives of theirs. Want to lock them down? Use pulling skills, immobilizing skills, daze, knockdown, make them float into the air, make them stunned in one spot where they stand and use every main sources of damage you have to take them down. That's it. They will have no chances to run and fall down for real. You must time all of the skills on them accordingly and make sure they have no other utility skills and elite skills left to use against you. Good hunting, sir!

not every class has access to revealed

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Best regards

In wvw every class does though.

• Confused 1

@anduriell.6280 said:

I've said several times, the only thing a thief can do to annoy people more than permastealth does is to use little stealth and still not die. It shows up the opponents then.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Which i can do as thief.
My backstab missed or i didn't one shot? I teleport or go invisible. I get knocked down? I teleport or go invisible. I can even mount up while being invisible. I don't have any TPs left or access to stealth? I cast

Which i can do as thief.

A bad soulbeast might not be able to, but a good soulbeast certainly can

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Best regards

I know not all of the classes have the skills to reveal those who enter stealth. In World versus World mode, there is an item from siege weapon vendors makes one able to reveal those who are in stealth within a certain area(where a foe has been recently in stealth with Shadow Refuge, Smokescreen, Blackpowder or the fifth skill of the pistol in the off-hand of the Thief profession for combining with Heartseeker to access stealth).