aoe damage - devided by number of targets for *some* skills?

forsaken.5026

so I got an unverified info (though the source claims they tested this in WvW) that some damage skills (Phase Smash - Herald hammer 3 was tested, as the source claimed) split the damage listed in the skill's description among the targets in the area hit; e.g. if a single target would be hit for 2k, 2 targets would be hit for 1k each (ofcourse, modified by whatever defense boons/gear each target has).now, according to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect this shouldn't be the case.can anyone confirm/deny/comment on this please?

I understand the reactions, as well as suggestions to search the forums for similar questions.however, the nature of the question makes it kinda difficult to search for, so..as for the source - it doesn't really matter - I could name the person, or their character, but how would that help?anyway, thanks for the response, @HnRkLnXqZ.1870. would it be too much trouble to link the forum topics discussing this matter, please? unless you have a suggestion for good key words to use for search, that wouldn't produce a lot of irrelevant results... :)

Finding those threads is a chore, mostly because there is no single keyword you can use. In some cases the topic gets brought up, when people discuss about target-caps of area attacks. I managed to find a few topics, which are related to this:

There are probably more out there, but I do not really want to waste my entire day-off searching stuff for another player. What those topics share in common, no official statements, except for the deleted one. A lot of players come to the forums, believing they can talk directly to the developers and discuss important matters face to face. But this is not the case. They do read what we write, but they rarely respond. That is why the boards are full of criticism and suggestions, but contain rather little positive feedback. Reddit is not much better, although the developers appear to be more talkative there.

The best sources for secret official information have been the interviews on certain gaming-platforms, which work as something like newspapers for gamers. A lot of important information was leaked there long before an official statement on the GW2 website was posted, if at all. Urgent problems like extended server-downtimes, rollbacks and similar stuff are often communicated via Twitter.

What ever source of information you have for your claim, the forums are not a good place to find any proof about it. By creating this topic, you have already spread a rumor. But this has little to no impact on the community. Only a tiny fraction is using the forums as a source of information, most just play the game.

@"forsaken.5026" said:so I got an unverified info (though the source claims they tested this in WvW) that some damage skills (Phase Smash - Herald hammer 3 was tested, as the source claimed) split the damage listed in the skill's description among the targets in the area hit; e.g. if a single target would be hit for 2k, 2 targets would be hit for 1k each (ofcourse, modified by whatever defense boons/gear each target has).now, according to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect this shouldn't be the case.can anyone confirm/deny/comment on this please?This is not the case.Anyone suggesting it is or should be doesn't realize it would be a prohibitively intensive server level calculation.