Should I kick the chicken? (Answered. Thanks for all your help!)

Lucio.4190

So, I'm at Bitterfrost Frontier doing the LW and I have this event that says I should kick a chicken to get its feathers, then I'm supposed to build a shrine.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chicken_Feather

But, I've heard that bad things happen if you ever kick the chicken. Any advice on how to proceed here?

Has anyone got any idea of what the story is with the chicken and developers?

Don't worry about the chickens in Bitterfrost Frontier.The ones in Ebonhawke / Fields of Ruin on the other hand....

I'd guess the chicken joke goes back to TLoZ Ocarina of Time, where chickens started attacking you when you hurt one enough times in Kakariko.Since it is a classic, developers tend to introduce something similiar as a homage to TLoZ.

@Raknar.4735 said:Don't worry about the chickens in Bitterfrost Frontier.The ones in Ebonhawke / Fields of Ruin on the other hand....

I'd guess the chicken joke goes back to TLoZ Ocarina of Time, where chickens started attacking you when you hurt one enough times in Kakariko.Since it is a classic, developers tend to introduce something similiar as a homage to TLoZ.

The chickens in Bitterfrost will down you instantly if you kick them too much. There's even an achievement for it.

@ OP: To do the heart just kick different chickens, not the same one repeatedly.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Don't worry about the chickens in Bitterfrost Frontier.The ones in Ebonhawke / Fields of Ruin on the other hand....

The chickens in Bitterfrost will down you instantly if you kick them too much. There's even an achievement for it.

I actually didn't remember that, good to know!

@Raknar.4735 said:

I actually didn't remember that, good to know!

Me neither! :tongue:Off to Bitterfrost to kick me some chickens then! :smiley:

Oh god.. I remember those in Ocarina of Time, but didn't know it all started there. Haha! My jaw was like sweeping the floor that day.Thanks! And thanks to all answers here, I'll definitely get that achievement too.

Not just Ocarina of Time, it's become a running joke in Zelda games. But also one which has spread to other games too, including GW2.

As a result you're definitely not the only one who is wary of any virtual chickens. (Or real chickens for that matter, they can be surprisingly vicious if they want to.)

And yeah, to stay safe kick different chickens each time, but it's worth seeing how far you can take it at least once, just to see what happens. After all even death is a pretty minor penalty in this game.

@Lucio.4190 said:

Don't
worry about the chickens in Bitterfrost Frontier.The ones in Ebonhawke / Fields of Ruin on the other hand....

Oh god.. I remember those in Ocarina of Time, but didn't know it all started there. Haha! My jaw was like sweeping the floor that day.Thanks! And thanks to all answers here, I'll definitely get that achievement too.

Like @"Danikat.8537" stated, it actually started before OoT. So I was wrong to assume it goes back to OoT.After looking up some sources, A Link to the Past seems to be the Zelda game that introduced the "Cucco revenge squad" (OoT was the 3rd game to have the mechanic). That seems to be the beginning of the ongoing "don't attack/kick chickens"-joke.

Awsome! I do have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for creatures like chicken. If it was only the chicken in Bitterfrost, that would have been the end of it - I would not look for them, I would not have pursued them... but if there are some in Ebonhawke now, I will look for them, I will find them... and I will kick them.

The rabbits are a bit worse, for them I will need a holy grenade.