Trapper Rune is still in the game?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just making sure that when they release traps it's gonna be OP. Anyway, the issue is less trapper rune than the 6th bonus. Change the 6th bonus to something less OP or simply put an horribly long ICD (40-60s) to this bonus and everything is alrigth in the end.

@Dadnir.5038 said:They are just making sure that when they release traps it's gonna be OP. Anyway, the issue is less trapper rune than the 6th bonus. Change the 6th bonus to something less OP or simply put an horribly long ICD (40-60s) to this bonus and everything is alrigth in the end.

Man, as long as it's not readily available, even 10 seconds would be great of a change.

Thieves should be the only one that can do it as soon as reveal is gone, it's just too much on other professions. Especially when both have way more utility at play.

Burn trapper dh is one of the worse builds that could appear in this pvp in this meta.It's hilarious how low risk and high reward it is.

Burn dh is a soloQ god, with very low skill ceiling, it's hard carried by trapper runes which should be removed or adjusted.

I know everyone cries about new strong builds appearing in the meta, but for example I have no problems against the new shiro renegade, which is strong, but need a good coordinated group and support to shine, and actually need a brain, and the meta is filled with reflects and projectile denials.

@Sylvia.4870 said:Last night, I met one Dragonhunter, planting the traps around. Then, he entered stealth after completing the process to let them work for him while he was charging toward his opponent with ease. Talk about the traps. I get used to all of them, very predictable.

They are predictable, but very spammable, and if get caught in the elite even once you are pretty much done, and not always you can just dodge it, and 60k damage burn stacks applied in literaly 2 skills will get the job done.The problem is not how predictable it is, the problem is how trapper runes carry it, giving it kiting escape potential and easy F1 landing in stealth.

And of course burn is such a broken mechanic.

@Sylanna.1947 said:yes, please remove stealth on demand from thieves, mesmers, and engis as well. Since you know, it's OP

Hahahaha!!! You are so funny! Come now, there are ways to counterattack the ones who use stealth abilities, aren't there? How about taking them down as soon as possible when they're still visible before you?! How about learning their capacities(weapon skills, Utilities, Elite Skills) and enhancing your skills to overcome them? Are we still talking about the stealth ability from the Trapper Rune or some classes that grant one stealth? You seem confused, friend. lol

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Sylvia.4870 said:Last night, I met one Dragonhunter, planting the traps around. Then, he entered stealth after completing the process to let them work for him while he was charging toward his opponent with ease. Talk about the traps. I get used to all of them, very predictable.

They are predictable, but very spammable, and if get caught in the elite even once you are pretty much done, and not always you can just dodge it, and 60k damage burn stacks applied in literaly 2 skills will get the job done.The problem is not how predictable it is, the problem is how trapper runes carry it, giving it kiting escape potential and easy F1 landing in stealth.

Yes, spammable, boring and annoying at the same time. It is fun for one who places the traps, not for one's foe who encounters with them. One of the easiest mechanics I have ever seen. I understand the feelings well.

@Sylvia.4870 said:

Yes, spammable, boring and annoying at the same time.
It is fun for one who places the traps
, not for one's foe who encounters with them. One of the easiest mechanics I have ever seen. I understand the feelings well.

Is it thou? I would be bored out of my mind if my build would only allow me to place the traps and wait passively. I would say is unfun for the one who places the traps and extremely frustrating for the one who gets into them.

@anduriell.6280 said:

Yes, spammable, boring and annoying at the same time.
It is fun for one who places the traps
, not for one's foe who encounters with them. One of the easiest mechanics I have ever seen. I understand the feelings well.

Is it thou? I would be bored out of my mind if my build would only allow me to place the traps and wait passively. I would say is unfun for the one who places the traps and extremely frustrating for the one who gets into them.

Unfortunately people just want win, and win easy even more.If struggle in the leaderboard and you are "decent" you can soloQ to gold3 plat1 with ease playing burn dh.It takes no skills, strong against good players and punish as hell bad players, so why not?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the best is when the dh leaves a full trap bomb on point then walks to the other side of them map and kills you when you try to cap said point. cuz skill boys.

Yep, totally the DH's fault that people are oblivious and waddle onto a point thinking it would be a 100% clear.

Too bad demanding nerfs doesn't make the remaining playerbase any smarter

Can I point out as someone fairly objective to this conversation- that trap builds with trap rune were being complained about on the forums as op/toxic before most knew about the possibility of it being meta. That alone seems to give a bit of confidence about that, though I’m honestly not sure what to do about it. I think at most put a small icd on trappers rune and/or shave the condition output of dh. Thank you for your time