Tequatl Hoard Drops?

Vilvyon.9634

Guess I must be lucky.

I've done that dragon just once, noticed a mass group around the area while trying to finish the map. Killed it, and I got Teq's weapon box. Still not too sure if any of the weapons are good or not. So yay me I guess?

Kind of a Necro thread but meh, I wanted to see how rare it was.

• 9 months later...

@Jeknar.6184 said:I've killed Tequatl thousand of times, I've only dropped ONE hoard.

Same here, and I've done it almost daily (later years even on multiple accounts). 2016 or 2017 dropped my only Hoard. This alt never got anything at all.

I even hope they keep it this way, in honor of many veterans' indefatigable effort.

I give up on ever getting one years ago.Some things have such atrocious RNG rates that it's pretty much impossible for some people to obtain them.I could do teq every day for the next 10 years and I feel completely confident in saying that I still wouldn't get a horde drop.So why bother right?

I really don't understand why there are no collections where you can get these skins. Same with the Worm-ones.I mean, most people I know want them anyway just because they want everything complete. But I see almost no one running around with them. Where I wonder if that's because they drop so rarely and then maybe just to those who do not like the skins (have e.g. some worm drops, but I find them absolutely ugly) or the skins are generally more on the unpopular rail?

Either way, I don't understand why you make skins that aren't tradable anyway so extremely rare.Especially because they aren't even that special.Teq are just the same Asc weapons with a green shimmer. And for the worm you just get some armor parts that are just like asc stuff but smeared with green vomit from the worm.I would like to have the opportunity to trade rare drops with an IG-dealer or something.Have the worm only made a few times for the achievements and had the "luck" to get 2 chests with shoulders and bracers. But would exchange both immediately for invisible shoes. Where I did the meta every day for a whole year and then did the mushrooms and not a single good drop....

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I really don't understand why there are no collections where you can get these skins. Same with the Worm-ones.I mean, most people I know want them anyway just because they want everything complete. But I see almost no one running around with them. Where I wonder if that's because they drop so rarely and then maybe just to those who do not like the skins (have e.g. some worm drops, but I find them absolutely ugly) or the skins are generally more on the unpopular rail?

Either way, I don't understand why you make skins that aren't tradable anyway so extremely rare.Especially because they aren't even that special.Teq are just the same Asc weapons with a green shimmer. And for the worm you just get some armor parts that are just like asc stuff but smeared with green vomit from the worm.I would like to have the opportunity to trade rare drops with an IG-dealer or something.Have the worm only made a few times for the achievements and had the "luck" to get 2 chests with shoulders and bracers. But would exchange both immediately for invisible shoes. Where I did the meta every day for a whole year and then did the mushrooms and not a single good drop....

You forgot about the black smoke on the teq weapons right?Pretty sure the wurm armor got stink aura as well.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I really don't understand why there are no collections where you can get these skins. Same with the Worm-ones.I mean, most people I know want them anyway just because they want everything complete. But I see almost no one running around with them. Where I wonder if that's because they drop so rarely and then maybe just to those who do not like the skins (have e.g. some worm drops, but I find them absolutely ugly) or the skins are generally more on the unpopular rail?

You forgot about the black smoke on the teq weapons right?Pretty sure the wurm armor got stink aura as well.

Did not know that teq has an aura. Never drppt or seen one. The worm things definitely not. Unless you mean with aura the green wabber around the asc things what I mean with vomit.

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:Have the worm only made a few times for the achievements and had the "luck" to get 2 chests with shoulders and bracers. But would exchange both immediately for invisible shoes. Where I did the meta every day for a whole year and then did the mushrooms and not a single good drop....

Random is random. You can always skip the shroom rng by farming gold and buying the skin :D

• Confused 1

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I really don't understand why there are no collections where you can get these skins. Same with the Worm-ones.I mean, most people I know want them anyway just because they want everything complete. But I see almost no one running around with them. Where I wonder if that's because they drop so rarely and then maybe just to those who do not like the skins (have e.g. some worm drops, but I find them absolutely ugly) or the skins are generally more on the unpopular rail?

Did not know that teq has an aura. Never drppt or seen one. The worm things definitely not. Unless you mean with aura the green wabber around the asc things what I mean with vomit.

Yea thats the same thing, you can look at picture in the wiki to see the black smoke, axe one is easy to spot.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl%27s_Hoard