sPvP Wishlist 2021

Vombs.5917

-Remove all problematic runes from sPvP.(Speed, Trapper, Resistance, Revenant)

-Reduce non-targeted mobility of thief reducing decapability & escapability.(Infiltrator’s Arrow - Requires target. Range increased to 1200. Grants stealth on successful hit.)

-Remove decap potential via knockbacks and launching.(Replaced with knockdowns, stuns, etc.)

-Convert all 100%/pulse resurrection abilities into large/medium healing abilities.

-Make traits that are BiS for warrior & thief baseline.(Fast Hands & Preparedness)

-All channeled buffs & NPCs on sPvP maps replaced with capture points.(Capture point rewarding 25/150 score becomes available after killing NPC)

@"Vombs.5917" said:-Remove all problematic runes from sPvP.(Speed, Trapper, Resistance, Revenant)

If you're going for removing all potentially abuse-able runes then I suggest adding Air rune to your list. It was not that long ago that that rune was the meta.

-Reduce non-targeted mobility of thief reducing decapability & escapability.(Infiltrator’s Arrow - Requires target. Range increased to 1200. Grants stealth on successful hit.)Mmmm maybe. . .-Remove decap potential via knockbacks and launching.(Replaced with knockdowns, stuns, etc.)Nah man. The game would feel super same-y if that happened. Also anet wouldn't do it because PvE.-Convert all 100%/pulse resurrection abilities into large/medium healing abilities.Yes-Make traits that are BiS for warrior & thief baseline.(Fast Hands & Preparedness)The moment you do that, something else will become BiS and the cycle continues. It's just a matter of adjusting play-style when not using those traits.-All channeled buffs & NPCs on sPvP maps replaced with capture points.(Capture point rewarding 25/150 score becomes available after killing NPC)Back to the same-y thing. Also, the PvP community is pretty tired of capture points and have been for a long time so I can't see this becoming a thing.

Reduce non-targeted mobility of thief reducing decapability & escapability = Seriously? Infiltrator’s Arrow - Requires target. Range increased to 1200. Grants stealth on successful hit = Reminds me of the combination of Signet of Infiltration or Steal with Cloak and Dagger.

@Ovark.2514 said:

-Remove decap potential via knockbacks and launching.(Replaced with knockdowns, stuns, etc.)Nah man. The game would feel super same-y if that happened. Also anet wouldn't do it because PvE.

I doubt anybody would mourn knockback and launching in PvE, these 2 effects tend to be more of a bother there than anything.That said, the next step of this suggestion would probably be a rework of fear into a debuff that make the character crouch and shiver in fear instead of running away.

To each their own, but nty.

Removing more runes and amulets would just make PvP even more boring and samey.

Removing launch and knockback would similarly take away more from the game, but honestly I wouldn't care as much if PvP hadn't been whittled down to such a slogfest.Like, if my 1v1 duel has the chance of lasting most of/all of a match I should at least have the option to knockback/launch decap.

@"Vombs.5917" said:

-Reduce non-targeted mobility of thief reducing decapability & escapability.(Infiltrator’s Arrow - Requires target. Range increased to 1200. Grants stealth on successful hit.)

well that would be fucking amazing, that coming from a thief yes im aware we lose alot but imagine..

s/d > port > signet port > short bow port

dayum just went from 1 side to another side of map with 2 skills that require nothing to be in range :D could add another port but lets use that as deffensive one ;).

Flood the scene with runes until every class has several viable options for different styles of gameplay.

Buff unpopular runes to compete with contemporaries.

Flood the scene with sigils even the meme utlity ones like snowballs on swap.

Balance overperforming sigils.

Make amulets modular with a spending limit and make concentration/expertise cost more than normal. Punish defensive stacking with scaling cost.

Double the map roster with new map content. Test in unranked and let the community vote which ones should be put in ranked.

Restore Sic Em Sniper

Restore Acrobatics

Reduce the cost of Pistol Whip

Rework Arms and Berserker pls

Buff Reaper GS with faster animations OR more damage.

Give Radiance back it's 50% crit or maybe buff to 33%

Nerf Minion HP

Buff Combo Finishers

Restore damage to CC with large animations/elites doing more damage than lesser CC. PLB, Headbutt, Glint Elite, Reaper 5. Lowish damage on small CCs like Shield Bash and even less still on AoE CC like Stomp.

Rework Warrior Mace F1 to be a power damage version of Skull Grinder.

Let Firebrand be a support again.

Restore Terrormancer

Restore Ranger GS Autoattack chain 3 Evade

Buff Ele staff

Take Exhaust off of DD Swiftness dodge

Give Holo their stability trait on Holo 3 back with somewhat reduced damage if they take it.

Give Scrapper hammer it's 3 leaps again.

Take off the self CC of engie overcharged shot.

Make abilties with pulsing stability apply longer duration stacks with slower pulses. Juggernaut, Lich, Rampage

Give mesmer whatever it needs to be viable again. Beats me what that is. Restore Portal maybe?

Take away mirrors and give mirage 3 dodges maybe? Spitballing this one.

What ever happened to exclusive Pvp legendary armor?

PvP exclusive GS and Staff

Actually find a baseline for balance OF EACH ROLE and buff things to that baseline for realsies this time.Roamer, Support, Side Node, Teamfighter, Thief lol

Delay new XPack classes in ranked until enough data in gathered from unranked to bring them into line.

Make a newbie friendly tutorial with advice gathered from actual players and extra class specific tutorials explaining roles.

Man I wish. This pvp scene could be hella popular if anet actually cared.

Popularity equals money anet.