Q: How does team picking in WvW work? (I'm RoF server, but just logged in to play Far Shiverpeaks?)

Tridentuk.1625

Hi,The way I thought it was explained from reading posts is that you pick your server when you create a character (dunnit, picked RoF EU) and then you play for that "team" in WvW.

But then when I tried WvW today I saw a pie chart of Far Shiverpeaks, Burundi Bay and some other server. RoF nowhere to be seen. Confused, I clicked Far Shiverpeaks because the others are DE and SP (assuming that means German and Spanish) and played for that server for a few hours.

I just looked on WvWstats and in the list of servers both Far Shiverpeaks and RoF are listed, but both show the graph with the 3 teams on the map I was playing (no RoF).

Why is this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello, and welcome into WvW

Far Shiver peaks is the host server and you (in RoF) are considered a link server.

It was done to address population disparities (which hasn’t really helped but that’s another thread)

So, Far Shiverpeaks will sow up as the server of record for this link period.

edit This thread (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/119706/world-linking-12-4-2020#latest) shows the current host worlds and their links.

edit 2 And this link (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World)Shows the definition of worlds, with further down being a ‘list of worlds’ which will show the population status for each server (updated very frequently on the wiki). It also shows an updated list of link status for each world. This gets updated every 2 months.

Third edit was adding the terms edit

@Tridentuk.1625 said:Strider Pj.2193I see thanks very much.

Apparantly Ring of Fire is exclusively homeless looking at the past 2020 links. Feelsbad. It would have been cool to keep up with my server's tier placements but apparently we're going to be piggybacking all over the place.

Yeah, many are not happy with the link system. Many players want (some aspect) of these options implemented:

• Alliances
  • Remove links
  • Link then merge servers

These aren’t the only things people want by all means, but the current state is not very popular for many reasons.