GW2 and 2021

knite.1542

@"Solanum.6983" said:I started my very first legendary when the Armory was announced.My Goal for 2021 is to continue what I've been doing since and fill up as much of the soon to be armory as I can.

Oh no no no! You'll have WvW alliances before you get the Armoury (insert el risitas laughing image here).

My goal is to not play the game until Anet actually does some big changes to the game, rework all weapons and skills, really push hard to remove bots and cheaters, punish them hard and openly so we know its happening. Deliver content the players want and not what will make them a quick buck (just look at all the 'important' updates we got that focused on money, than encouraging players to play the game.

lest us never forget the original trailer for the game. If anything, it shows you the detachment of knowing what players actually want:

2020 made 2 full sets of legendary armor and have the main components for my third. Crafted a legendary backpack, both trinkets, both rings, and amulet.

2021 goals... want to be able to use those items from the armory in wvw with my new alliance.

I know goals are meant to be achievable. Mine may be set a little to high.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:lest us never forget the original trailer for the game. If anything, it shows you the detachment of knowing what players actually want:

Oh my, I have never seen that... What a batty trailer!!!

I honestly still can not work out what this trailer was for, or what it was even meant to mean.Spray paint a wall with 'Blue paint' but red comes out, 'our time is now' time for what?

Step on some fire with your bare feet, swim in a sunken earth cruise ship and emerge on the other side as a norn with tatts? Like they had an entire game to make the trailer from but they used unrelated footage, with very little connection to the game.

I mean they may prove us wrong down the line by giving us Blue red spray paint to use ingame.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:lest us never forget the original trailer for the game. If anything, it shows you the detachment of knowing what players actually want:

I honestly still can not work out what this trailer was for, or what it was even meant to mean.Spray paint a wall with 'Blue paint' but red comes out, 'our time is now' time for what?

Step on some fire with your bare feet, swim in a sunken earth cruise ship and emerge on the other side as a norn with tatts? Like they had an entire game to make the trailer from but they used unrelated footage, with very little connection to the game.

I mean they may prove us wrong down the line by giving us Blue red spray paint to use ingame.PR department:
"We need a trailer that capture the MMO feeling!"
Anet artists:
"Ok we got lots of high action clips of fights and scenery"
PR department:
"No we mean FEELINGS! With an epic voice!"
Anet artists:
"... you mean like a story mission voiceover about Tyria?"
PR department:
"NO, FUCK it we'll do it ourselves just give us some characters walking across a beach and yelling or something."

In 2020 I came back after 7 years, created a new character (I couldn't remember anything to continue my original) and played all the way up to Ice Brood Saga. In 2021 I plan to finish Ice Brood Saga before EoD so I am all caught up with the story and can explore the new world with everyone else. Also get the last mount, the Skyscale.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:

I mean they may prove us wrong down the line by giving us Blue red spray paint to use ingame.PR department:
"We need a trailer that capture the MMO feeling!"
Anet artists:
"Ok we got lots of high action clips of fights and scenery"
PR department:
"No we mean FEELINGS! With an epic voice!"
Anet artists:
"... you mean like a story mission voiceover about Tyria?"
PR department:
"NO, kitten it we'll do it ourselves just give us some characters walking across a beach and yelling or something."

I am going to hazard a guess that it was to represent how Guild Wars 2 broke free from the conventions of mmorpg competitors at the time, which people felt stuck in - paying subscription fees, and frozen in place with endless leveling and gear grind. Guild Wars 2 was, at the time, supposed to be different - an adventure where your decisions mattered; that your character really could be a piece of you stepping in to that epic story.I am guessing this based on what I knew before launch; from the videos and interviews of the developers.Their video commercials were always kind of missing the mark. Essentially they were attempting to encompass the scope of their intentions for this game but that is not really good marketing. What worked was the interviews, screenshots from development, and previews during game cons: the game had a lot of potential and merit even before beta and when any article showed that, it got people interested. Their artistic and overly symbolic video commercials not so much.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Solanum.6983" said:I started my very first legendary when the Armory was announced.My Goal for 2021 is to continue what I've been doing since and fill up as much of the soon to be armory as I can.

Oh no no no! You'll have WvW alliances before you get the Armoury (insert el risitas laughing image here).

My goal is to not play the game until Anet actually does some big changes to the game, rework all weapons and skills, really push hard to remove bots and cheaters, punish them hard and openly so we know its happening. Deliver content the players want and not what will make them a quick buck (just look at all the 'important' updates we got that focused on money, than encouraging players to play the game.

lest us never forget the original trailer for the game. If anything, it shows you the detachment of knowing what players actually want:

How did you miss this one =)

A very interesting thread. The OP got me thinking and with the help of GW2efficiency, I pieced together my highlights for 2020:

• 9 legendary weapons (7 for keeps and 2 for sale)
  • WvW legendary medium armour (to complete the WvW set)
  • PvP legendary back item and amulet (my first real entry into GW2 pvp)
  • WvW legendary ring
  • another go at PvE raids, this time much more sustained (started in Jan, still going strong)

2021 plans:

• 3 legendary items (rifle, longbow and PvE raid ring) to complete 1 of each weapon type and all trinkets for the coming legendary armoury. Hope it works as we all hope/believe/wish. I also hope that this inspires me to "progress horizontally" and learn classes I rarely play
  • Legendary Runes + Sigils are on hold. Maybe the armoury will make them useful/worthwhile, but for now I do not see the value
  • End of Dragons and LWS5, of course. I hope EoD will be more engaging than PoF, but it looks like LWS5 will be a slog
  • other plans remain to be determined (32 slot bags, PvE raid legendary light armour, another agony + stat infusion set from fractals, accumuating enough Gaeting Crystals to buy the Dhuum armour set + chair + staff ...)

Finish my explo on my Tempest and playing only him now. Wasted to much time choosing a main class.Starting S5 story and waiting patiently while having fun with friend for new chapter release.

There isn't any game that will look good in 2021 for mmorpg so I'm sur to keep playing gw2 who is the most fun to me on the market.2022 maybe if Pantheon : Rise of the fallen release (but probably not since they're again in pre-alpha), then I'll go cuz it seem to have all I ever wanted in a mmorpg.

@Linken.6345 said:

How did you miss this one =)

I decided not to show this one... It makes me feel dead and ashamed watching it. The cringe is too high.

"Would it be nice to have a portal?" Yes to teleport the hell out of that cab! D;

Last year in the summer and the fall, I crafted Binding of Ipos, Claw of the Kahn Ur, Howler, Pharus and the Warbringer (my 3rd legendary backpack lol).I also bought the visage of the Khan Ur and bought 2 different exclusive mount skins with all the gold I made.

I am not sure what to do now honestly, I am thinking to craft Astralaria but I already have Frostfang.I don’t have a legendary mace, so I might go for the Moot or Astralaria this month.Other than that, I just plan to continue playing dungeons and exploring old maps in Ascalon and Shiverpeaks while having GW1 music playing in the background until EOD comes by haha.I might also begin to RP.

I honestly can't really remember what all I did throughout the year, but highlights were finally crafting vision and crossing 24K AP.

Most of my goals for 2021 are carrying over from what I was too lazy to do in 2020. My current goal is to finish them before EoD though, not the end of the year

Get Kraitkin (EoD will have more water than HoT or PoF, but even if it's still not much I just wanna have an underwater legy)

Pass 25K or 26K AP (depends on when exactly EoD releases if I can get to 26)

Unlocking a certain chunk of skins from the wardrobe unlockers that are cheap (15G or less) or something relatively easy to get (example: dungeon skins) so I can use the ones I have

Once we learn about the new specs, craft a legendary for whatever new weapon ele (my main) is getting.