I’m just gonna leave this here.

Bear.9568

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

yep, this is thiefs problem. they have LOADS of builds, but they are all gate kept, not by other classes but by enemy thief, kind off ironic

Lol@ LOADS of builds.

Gut SA and you'll have 2 dead trait lines (hello acro) and a traitline thats basically mandatory for all builds (trickery). Where will these loads of viable builds come from?

Thief has 2 mandatory trait lines, trick and SA. And only 2 builds viable, u have DA for condi or DRD for power.

With that being said, thief loses 1x1 against all classes of the game, but mes (in top tier, cause low tier thief wouldnt win against mes mechanic, absolutely no way).

Now, with speed nerfs, thief can be chased by a lot of classes with ports.

So you cannot win a fight and barely can escape from it, thief now is "spend all ur ini to stealth and look for UNGUARDED nodes to decap", cause even on +1, duelists and teamfighters are now too much bunkers to kill in a reasonable time that compensate being outnumbered in another place at the map. It just make more sense play a revenant instead.

as if anything in pvp mattersbuff this, nerf that

what about fixing things that are just there to annoy you? like the tournaments

first match, you get plat 2-3 as a poor gold team. massacresecond match, you should be palced against an equal team? nope "BYE" since the team you were supposed to get, just left or does not existthird match you are at the winner bracket again, embrace plat 2-3 team1 hour spend, 0 matches won

this BYE is the most stupid thing ever implented, if it is seen as a win, atleast make it count as a win.

same with leavers, there is allways this one random guy who rages or leaves out of nowhere each couple of tournaments screwing over 4 others.

make the basics work, before we finetune the details

@anjo.6143 said:

I guess having two 300s ICD traits in Defense is a good thing then?

Just like Acro on thief? What ur complain?

Because Warrior Defense traitline is already pretty bad.Master Majors :Defy Pain (300s CD)Armored Attack (Useless on a low Tough build, and the conversion isn't even that good even with a Tough build)Sundering Mace (Useless unless one is using Mace, because it only buffs specifically Mace skills)

For Acro, even if yu don't pick Instant Reflexes, Vigorous Recovery is still somewhat useful, and so is Pain Response, and especially Pain Response, since it is a mass Condi cleanse + Regen on a 60s Cooldown.

Warrior's Defense Majors are utterly trashed because yu are now forced to either pick a 300s cooldown skill, or pick 2 skills which are useless unless yu run a specific build.How is that okay?

What's next?Yur gonna tell me to not run Defense then?

• 2 weeks later...

@Yasai.3549 said:

I guess having two 300s ICD traits in Defense is a good thing then?

Just like Acro on thief? What ur complain?

Because Warrior Defense traitline is already pretty bad.Master Majors :Defy Pain (300s CD)Armored Attack (Useless on a low Tough build, and the conversion isn't even that good even with a Tough build)Sundering Mace (Useless unless one is using Mace, because it only buffs specifically Mace skills)

For Acro, even if yu don't pick Instant Reflexes, Vigorous Recovery is still somewhat useful, and so is Pain Response, and especially Pain Response, since it is a mass Condi cleanse + Regen on a 60s Cooldown.

Warrior's Defense Majors are utterly trashed because yu are now forced to either pick a 300s cooldown skill, or pick 2 skills which are useless unless yu run a specific build.How is that okay?

What's next?Yur gonna tell me to not run Defense then?

60s cd for cleanse and small regen is garbo. And it isnt good for any specific build.

@anjo.6143 said:

60s cd for cleanse and small regen is garbo. And it isnt good for any specific build.

Yea? Acro in general is pretty bad unless yu are running Sword builds.The thing is Acro doesn't have two 300s cooldown traits taking up 2 slots in MASTER AND GRANDMASTER slots which are usually reserved for more powerful traits.

And what do yu mean by not good for any specific build?60s blanket cleanse of all damaging conditions is good for any build in competitive where the enemy has condi bombs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... BUFF THIEF

Thiefs main role in pvp is decap / +1, in the current meta there is no decap option as holo's sit home/far and cant be moved, even in 2v1's it takes an long time to work down the nade holo's while not getting rekt. This doesn't include the revs dropping condi like they're the new mesmers. Meanwhile tanky af warriors rotate from mid to whichever side is being pressured and have battle standard to insta revive any downs.

Thief just creates outnumbered situations for their team because they don't have the power or pressure they used to, thus they can't force anything with high burst potential or finding open nodes to decap because nodes are not left unattended in this meta.

@Axl.8924 said:Eh isn't daredevil the decapper? i mean you got swiftness from running and also getting rid of soft ccs and some hard ccs with mobility.

Daredevil seems like a pretty good decapper or it did.

There is no decap in this meta. It's all bunkers that never leave points. That means no decaps... get it

@Bear.9568 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Eh isn't daredevil the decapper? i mean you got swiftness from running and also getting rid of soft ccs and some hard ccs with mobility.

There is no decap in this meta. It's all bunkers that never leave points. That means no decaps... get it

It used to be that daredevil was the decapper it changed from last time i played, because i played a bit of thief.

@Axl.8924 said:

It used to be that daredevil was the decapper it changed from last time i played, because i played a bit of thief.

thief is a roamer, and thief is still fine. not having thiefs aoe stealth at the start can still almost lose the entire game, and forcing bunkers to afk on nodes or get insta decapped provides huge value without doing anything, add it unblockable daze steal to counter long channeled blocks from things like warrior, ranger or rev and thief is still a good pick.Its just no longer so fucking broken that not having thief ment you might as well go afk, heck. I wouldnt be surprised if in 2-3months we will see thief in each team again anyways.