Class Balance

Styros.8931

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Seeing a dev on a certain class. Reasoning that this might be the reason one specific build of that class overperforms (which it doesn't btw.).

Oh dear...

Yeah DH in ratings where majority of people play isn't overperforming at all, good one. DH is just stupid design and needs to be changed or if that is not possible currently, nerfed. It is very unfun to play against and bad for new/learning players.

Lol un fun to play against, I love reading players writing this. Thief is also unfun to play against, mirage,a power splbr when it could actually do damage, holo, necro and its spec, revs(especially condi), renegade, druid and so on so on, the games gotten to a point thru bad balancing that not only are most classes unfun to fight but thier unfun to play as well. Players helped anet get it to this point as well with their incessant constant biased crys.

In PoF release game wasn't fun yes because of insane power creep but right now Warrior (damage one), Holo, Necro, Mirage, Thief (apart from Deadeye) are all fairly balanced and fun to play against. The most toxic rev build is shiro builds not condi, condi rev actually dies now and plays damage traits in corruption instead of full resistance spam, but I guess here comes low elo mentality that anything that is condi is not skillful even though it has more counter play than power builds. You know rev is overtuned when bad players do well on it which seems to be the case at the moment. Saying balancing has been bad is also just wrong game has been getting progressively better after PoF launch disaster and CMC has more braincells than to listen to unreasonable mains crying on forums why their class is weak and how other class is OP.

Power warrior is fun to play against for all the wrong reasons and unfun to play for the same reasons. Power Warrior has been kitten so hard of course their fun to fight in a way, u get cc'd who cares u took 0 damage even though u made a mistake and didn't avoid a easy tell and predictable skill and u have forever to stunbreak before the second hit of 100 blades goes off OR u simply avoid the warrior's eviscerate and warrior becomes a easy target. Ever since the feb patch warrior has become a melee class that is of little threat in most situations and a bubble bot in wvw. Fun....

Strength spellbreaker mains were spoiled because their class was so easy to do well on. Everything did damage great sustain, perma 25 might for more damage, great defensive capability. Now Warrior actually takes great skill to play. You don't have insane damage from might and sustain from signet and you cant just chain cc kill because cc doesn't do damage. Strength Warrior is not bad atm, if you feel like its bad its probably you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:The devs don't use codes to give themselves items in game, that weapon and armor require a huge time sink to get...it's safe to assume that he's a guardian main..., as it has been admitted in the past by the devs, the more people play a certain class in the office...the more input it will receives during balance meetings AKA
bias at subconscious level
where a profession which should be nerfed by , for example , 40% will get instead nerfed by 20%.

I won't call out any "hidden agenda"...I am simply pointing out the truth of the matter : the more devs play a profession, the easier it will get off the hook in a way or in another, meaning that
the nerfs will be always targeted in a way that the profession will remain at its peak
, it's common sense really, if the guy making the changes , plays also the class receiving them...well nothing much will change in terms of output

It's no secret that
no dev plays ele actively
, heck "one dev" ( I won't give out names for obvious reasons ) was surprised about the elementalist low HP when he tried to showcase : Tempest prior to HoT Launch...people can find the video on youtube.

Another class like guardian is
Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer
.....revenant is a rather..."shady business" and let's leave it at that.

Am I wrong?...So what professions will I see being played during devs streams?......

By that logic guard wouldnt have seen its builds decimated and been relegated to a b-c tier otp.

I spent close to 1k hrs on guardian, being it my 3rd main, even went as far as to craft a 3rd legendary armor for it, also I main ele on which I have 8k hrs and in the end I experienced nerfs on both classes: I "cried" for the soft removal of the hammer burst which was my first official to go build on guardian but that didn't stop me from using other different builds ...and that's the fact...
nerfs on guardian are always class tailored, so when you lose something ..you always gain something else
and that's the opposite of ele where when you get nerfed...that's it..there is nothing to cushion the fall, you lose that gameplay option forever...jump on the next viable build waiting for it to be nerfed out of existence also.

So no...I don't need nerfs on guardian and I know exactly what you mean by B-C tier talk but that cannot stop me from telling the truth of the matter : "the professions mained by the devs tend to have an easier life in this game" and I have given a clear logical explanation on why that happens.

If you are a dev and play that class, you know what it makes it rumbles...you know what it needs and in what quantities, so the nerfs are not as destructive as with elementalist : they merely nerf the class based on what is being cried on in the forum
without bothering to see if the class is still working after the change
; they increased the CD on Twist of Fate as people were crying....now the class has a full set of 60s+ CD stunbreaks......they nerfed
fire weaver saying too much burning dmg
while on guardian I can burn snipe people with Spear of Justice or torch or the sword spirit.

The problem with this game and why I don't even bother with it anymore is that
the devs themselves don't play their own game and they "balance" based on forum cries
so what is not being actively used by few devs...get hacked to death with nerfs making the class virtually unusable...but all is fine as long as Timmy stop crying about it on the forum...that's what I mean with my posts

CMC is balancing PvP and he plays the game so you are objectively wrong. You also have 25 second stunbreak that blinds inflicts vulnerability and gives you 25% movement speed out of combat. You have 30s stunbreak that increase damage on your 5 next attacks and they apply conditions, so don't say ele has just 60s + cd stunbreaks. Also CMC is a warrior main why is sidenode warrior not being played all the time by your logic that devs make their clases op? No true warrior main loves playing healbreaker support warrior that is best support in the game right now so don't give me that.

His balancing is just like his gameplay mechanical skills, I wont say if its good or bad, if you know, you know. The thing that he played ele makes it even more hillarious after seeing 'updates' on this class.

I think his balancing of weaver is good and fire weaver is in a very good spot. Tempest nerfs (not bugfixes) however weren't the best. And core ele is unfixable, you buff core to be in okay spot tempest/weaver are broken.

@McPero.3287 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:The devs don't use codes to give themselves items in game, that weapon and armor require a huge time sink to get...it's safe to assume that he's a guardian main..., as it has been admitted in the past by the devs, the more people play a certain class in the office...the more input it will receives during balance meetings AKA
where a profession which should be nerfed by , for example , 40% will get instead nerfed by 20%.

I won't call out any "hidden agenda"...I am simply pointing out the truth of the matter : the more devs play a profession, the easier it will get off the hook in a way or in another, meaning that
the nerfs will be always targeted in a way that the profession will remain at its peak
, it's common sense really, if the guy making the changes , plays also the class receiving them...well nothing much will change in terms of output

It's no secret that
, heck "one dev" ( I won't give out names for obvious reasons ) was surprised about the elementalist low HP when he tried to showcase : Tempest prior to HoT Launch...people can find the video on youtube.

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

Am I wrong?...So what professions will I see being played during devs streams?......

By that logic guard wouldnt have seen its builds decimated and been relegated to a b-c tier otp.

I spent close to 1k hrs on guardian, being it my 3rd main, even went as far as to craft a 3rd legendary armor for it, also I main ele on which I have 8k hrs and in the end I experienced nerfs on both classes: I "cried" for the soft removal of the hammer burst which was my first official to go build on guardian but that didn't stop me from using other different builds ...and that's the fact...
nerfs on guardian are always class tailored, so when you lose something ..you always gain something else
and that's the opposite of ele where when you get nerfed...that's it..there is nothing to cushion the fall, you lose that gameplay option forever...jump on the next viable build waiting for it to be nerfed out of existence also.

So no...I don't need nerfs on guardian and I know exactly what you mean by B-C tier talk but that cannot stop me from telling the truth of the matter : "the professions mained by the devs tend to have an easier life in this game" and I have given a clear logical explanation on why that happens.

If you are a dev and play that class, you know what it makes it rumbles...you know what it needs and in what quantities, so the nerfs are not as destructive as with elementalist : they merely nerf the class based on what is being cried on in the forum
; they increased the CD on Twist of Fate as people were crying....now the class has a full set of 60s+ CD stunbreaks......they nerfed
while on guardian I can burn snipe people with Spear of Justice or torch or the sword spirit.

the devs themselves don't play their own game and they "balance" based on forum cries
so what is not being actively used by few devs...get hacked to death with nerfs making the class virtually unusable...but all is fine as long as Timmy stop crying about it on the forum...that's what I mean with my posts

CMC is balancing PvP and he plays the game so you are objectively wrong. You also have 25 second stunbreak that blinds inflicts vulnerability and gives you 25% movement speed out of combat. You have 30s stunbreak that increase damage on your 5 next attacks and they apply conditions, so don't say ele has just 60s + cd stunbreaks. Also CMC is a warrior main why is sidenode warrior not being played all the time by your logic that devs make their clases op? No true warrior main loves playing healbreaker support warrior that is best support in the game right now so don't give me that.

The air signet doesn't synergy with any viable strategic trait composition because signets themselves suck outside a niche meme condi tempest build - the glyph is more or less in the same boat...was used for condi weaver initial burst...was as the build is useless anyway now

@McPero.3287 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Seeing a dev on a certain class. Reasoning that this might be the reason one specific build of that class overperforms (which it doesn't btw.).

Oh dear...

Yeah DH in ratings where majority of people play isn't overperforming at all, good one. DH is just stupid design and needs to be changed or if that is not possible currently, nerfed. It is very unfun to play against and bad for new/learning players.

Lol un fun to play against, I love reading players writing this. Thief is also unfun to play against, mirage,a power splbr when it could actually do damage, holo, necro and its spec, revs(especially condi), renegade, druid and so on so on, the games gotten to a point thru bad balancing that not only are most classes unfun to fight but thier unfun to play as well. Players helped anet get it to this point as well with their incessant constant biased crys.

In PoF release game wasn't fun yes because of insane power creep but right now Warrior (damage one), Holo, Necro, Mirage, Thief (apart from Deadeye) are all fairly balanced and fun to play against. The most toxic rev build is shiro builds not condi, condi rev actually dies now and plays damage traits in corruption instead of full resistance spam, but I guess here comes low elo mentality that anything that is condi is not skillful even though it has more counter play than power builds. You know rev is overtuned when bad players do well on it which seems to be the case at the moment. Saying balancing has been bad is also just wrong game has been getting progressively better after PoF launch disaster and CMC has more braincells than to listen to unreasonable mains crying on forums why their class is weak and how other class is OP.

Power warrior is fun to play against for all the wrong reasons and unfun to play for the same reasons. Power Warrior has been kitten so hard of course their fun to fight in a way, u get cc'd who cares u took 0 damage even though u made a mistake and didn't avoid a easy tell and predictable skill and u have forever to stunbreak before the second hit of 100 blades goes off OR u simply avoid the warrior's eviscerate and warrior becomes a easy target. Ever since the feb patch warrior has become a melee class that is of little threat in most situations and a bubble bot in wvw. Fun....

Strength spellbreaker mains were spoiled because their class was so easy to do well on. Everything did damage great sustain, perma 25 might for more damage, great defensive capability. Now Warrior actually takes great skill to play. You don't have insane damage from might and sustain from signet and you cant just chain cc kill because cc doesn't do damage. Strength Warrior is not bad atm, if you feel like its bad its probably you.

A class with such a straitforward and predictable burst has to be easy to play somewhat as it's very easy to counter, before feb patch war mains still had to catch people with their highly predictable and easy tell cc skills to apply their burst, if u got caught by a warriors cc than u messed up and u were punished for it, not so much now which is why games going in the wrong direction. The games being dumbed down and dumpatered fast especially with the help of its community. Players wrongfully equate easy to face and beat with fun to play against all to often and call nerfs on any classes they face. Warrior had to out smart their opponent to land their cc's or catch them of guard due to the predictable nature of warriors bursts, especially any burst using gs and as a follow up u had 100 blades(easily avoided with stunbreak due to cast time) and or f1. Not a lot of variety in burst options on power gs which is why u had to try and catch ur opponent or ur burst is useless. Gw2 classes especially these days are pretty basic and dumbed down but warrior is as basic as it gets in rotations and predictability, it needs to punish those who get caught by its bursts and currently it does not. If a warrior baits out a mistake or is patient and uses his bullscharge just at the right time and knocks his opponent out it's far to simple for every class to simply stunbreak resulting in nothing but a loss of a stunbreak. If the player decides to not waste a stunbreak due to being able to simple walk out of 100 blades skill half way thru avoiding half the skills damage due to 10 blades cast time than they can do so lol. It's funny that a warrior has to cancel his 100 blades skill to have a chance to catch their opponent with a f1 due to 100 blades horrible cast time.Having 0 damage on cc doesn't work in a game like gw2 especially with all the available ways to not only avoid cc but ways to clear it, especially when classes like warrior are designed as they are and need to be reworked to fit this new rule if it's not planned to be adjusted. Now not only is warriors burst damage lost by loss of cc damage but the cc is easy to avoid being punished for when caught by it, remember most the roster does not require a hard cc set up like power gs war does.U definitely can't be surprised players that play this game solely for the pvp are leaving so fast and the as to why the population is so low as most the classes are being dumbed down and becoming zero fun to play all because players consider any class that challenges them as un fun to play and in need of balancing in way of nerfs. In this forum the number 1 way to tell if a class is underperforming is when players say it's fun to fight or balanced lol not all but definitely the majority.

@McPero.3287 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

His balancing is just like his gameplay mechanical skills, I wont say if its good or bad, if you know, you know. The thing that he played ele makes it even more hillarious after seeing 'updates' on this class.

I think his balancing of weaver is good and fire weaver is in a very good spot. Tempest nerfs (not bugfixes) however weren't the best. And core ele is unfixable, you buff core to be in okay spot tempest/weaver are broken.

good balance means that the enemy can effectively kill you without being oppressive....an enemy unable to outplay you is not good balance.

Weaver has good balance? .....lol......and about core ele, there are many ways to buff core ele without affecting the elite specs and having a strong core class doesn't seem to be a problem with everything else but engi possibly

P.S you may want to cut on the pointless "personal BIAS" talk, I can effectively play 5 different professions, enough to be a threat in most situations, ofc I won't go and say "I am this and that" as right now I don't spend nearly as much time as before in GW2, but still I have playable knowledge of 5 different professions [ele-ranger-warrior-guardian and necro] shared across a 12k+ hrs experiencen from the last 8 years. The only reason why I am still here is because I can play other professions outside ele and did so for years now....if you want to point fingers looking for your common "main class Bias"...do so in another direction

@Arheundel.6451 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

The air signet doesn't synergy with any viable strategic trait composition because signets themselves suck outside a niche meme condi tempest build - the glyph is more or less in the same boat...was used for condi weaver initial burst...was as the build is useless anyway now

You are wrong, air signet is best stunbreak together with twist on weaver. Best weaver players play it. Not running the trait and not having synergy doesn't matter because its just that good. Glyph is not great but I was just pointing out that there are short cooldown stunbreaks.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

good balance means that the enemy can effectively kill you without being oppressive....an enemy unable to outplay you is not good balance

Weaver has good balance? .....lol......and about core ele, there are many ways to buff core ele without affecting the elite specs and having a strong core class doesn't seem to be a problem with everything else but engi possibly

P.S you may want to cut on the pointless "personal BIAS" talk, I can effectively play 5 different professions, enough to be a threat in most situations, ofc I won't go and say "I am this and that" as right now I don't spend nearly as much time as before in GW2, but still I have playable knowledge of 5 different professions [ele-ranger-warrior-guardian and necro] shared across a 12k+ hrs experiencen from the last 8 years. The only reason why I am still here is because I can play other professions outside ele and did so for years now....if you want to point fingers looking for your common "main class Bias"...do so in another direction

So how would you buff core ele but not make elite specs broken?

What are you talking about? Quote me where I accused someone of main bias? You are the one accusing Anet balance team of biased balancing. You may wanna cut on saying things that are not true.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

Wishful thinking to assume that any balance team member puts in the time and effort to pick up Rev lol.Or simply they don't have the time to practice it.

Rev is really not an easy Profession to pick up, and high performing players on Rev have bashed their head onto the Profession for so long in order to produce the results.

Is that a "the most skilled players like rev and the better players tend to win" reference?

@McPero.3287 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

You are wrong, air signet is best stunbreak together with twist on weaver. Best weaver players play it. Not running the trait and not having synergy doesn't matter because its just that good. Glyph is not great but I was just pointing out that there are short cooldown stunbreaks.

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

good balance means that the enemy can effectively kill you without being oppressive....an enemy unable to outplay you is not good balance

What are you talking about? Quote me where I accused someone of main bias? You are the one accusing Anet balance team of biased balancing. You may wanna cut on saying things that are not true.

@McPero.3287Saying balancing has been bad is also just wrong game has been getting progressively better after PoF launch disaster and CMC has more braincells than to listen to unreasonable mains crying on forums why their class is weak and how other class is OP. "

How to make core ele viable again?-Adding a 5th attunement mechanic, they have the technical abilities as shown with Core rev , mesmer shatter, necro shroud, warrior burst mechanic etc etc etc

That would be an example, there are many more in the 16+ pages thread in ele subforum and the only objection against buffing ele is ....never a legitimate one , you consider people on the forum as unreasonable for pointing out the bias at design level, it has been explained before already, the bias you think of it's not the one exposed here : nobody here thinks that a dev go and directly modify a profession consciously , the biased balance happens at subconscious level , despite of what idolatry you may have for Anet..at the end of the day they're still human.

The truth is that elementalist is stuck with the GW 2012 design ideology which was more closely related to GW1 aka skill and efforts = Rewards ; an ideology that doesn't sit well with the "insta gratification" generation , these days people play a class that does 1-2-3 and deal massive aoe dmg ....deluding themselves in thinking to be the hottest thing around.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

@McPero.3287Saying balancing has been bad is also just wrong game has been getting progressively better after PoF launch disaster and CMC has more braincells than to listen to unreasonable mains crying on forums why their class is weak and how other class is OP. "

How to make core ele viable again?-Adding a 5th attunement mechanic, they have the technical abilities as shown with Core rev , mesmer shatter, necro shroud, warrior burst mechanic etc etc etc

That would be an example, there are many more in the 16+ pages thread in ele subforum and the only objection against buffing ele is ....
never a legitimate one
, you consider people on the forum as unreasonable for pointing out
the bias at design level
, it has been explained before already, the bias you think of it's not the one exposed here : nobody here thinks that a dev go and directly modify a profession
consciously
, the biased balance happens at
subconscious level
, despite of what idolatry you may have for Anet..at the end of the day they're still human.

The truth is that elementalist is stuck with the
GW 2012 design ideology
which was more closely related to GW1 aka skill and efforts = Rewards ; an ideology that doesn't sit well with the "insta gratification" generation , these days people play a class that does 1-2-3 and deal massive aoe dmg ....deluding themselves in thinking to be the hottest thing around.

You realise adding 5th attunement to core ele would lead to Anet having to develop 20 new skills for weapons, that attunement wouldn't have it's traitline (if 5th element is arcane, arcane traitline needs to be reworked, which would make it unplayable for weaver/tempest). What they did for other core specs were minor changes adding maybe 1 button 1 mechanic. What you are proposing here is that core ele gets a rework in size of a new elite spec. Not to mention it would actually break PvE balance potentially.

CMC can currently only change numbers as far as I am aware so he can't do what you propose even if he wanted to.

Only way to make core ele be in line with weaver, tempest is that weaver, tempest traitlines and mechanics get their numbers nerfed by quite a lot and then to compensate utility, elite, heal and weapon skills get massive buffs.

Can you seriously stop with this? I am not talking about any bias.

Most elite specs were powercrept at some point and some still are. And yes core ele together with core engineer are by far worst specs in PvP. But to say that core ele is more skillful than some of the elite specs is laughable. Yes some elite specs are just mindless spam. Core ele being bad doesn't make it skillful it's just bad.

@McPero.3287 said:

Oh dear...

You know it's kinda triggering seeing this, you're going to point that out like every other class didn't have their own brew of build that had its equivalent in strong area department. Warrior is never going to be considered skillful to play by the people who whine about it all the time(Unless you know, you nerf them into the ground), because by design it's simple and the skill ceiling for it doesn't equate to mesmer and ele levels of management. What the game needed back in February was thoughtful in depth look into on every class and spec, because some things did need to come down and others needed some help, instead it was a lazy blanket nerf all around with little insight or care, and all it dissolved to is whack-a-mole nerfing from then to now, and little acting on Anet's part(straight up lied about faster balance passes). It only gets worse as time goes on when the game is devolving itself, and not for the better. Even not too long ago when people were whining about retaliation, the last time I remembered anyone whining about retaliation was back in early core gw2 when Ele meteor showers used to wipe zergs(no target cap) in wvw, and engi trying to aimlessly nade zergs from objective safety.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

That would be an example, there are many more in the 16+ pages thread in ele subforum and the only objection against buffing ele is ....
never a legitimate one
the bias at design level
, it has been explained before already, the bias you think of it's not the one exposed here : nobody here thinks that a dev go and directly modify a profession
consciously
subconscious level
, despite of what idolatry you may have for Anet..at the end of the day they're still human.

GW 2012 design ideology
which was more closely related to GW1 aka skill and efforts = Rewards ; an ideology that doesn't sit well with the "insta gratification" generation , these days people play a class that does 1-2-3 and deal massive aoe dmg ....deluding themselves in thinking to be the hottest thing around.

It had been getting better ... until the disastrous february megapatch. That one immediately made everything worse than it has ever been at any point in the games history. And no, CMC isnt a good balancer, we have him to thank for delivering another deathblow with the february megapatch.

@McPero.3287 said:

Oh dear...

I can't help but lol at this horrible take from someone that couldn't handle the most telegraphed class in the game. Warriors damage was absolutely gutted and still has the requirements of always outplaying your opponent to even hope to build any momentum, let alone actually close a kill, and you think it's alright? Warrior has no way of actually doing anything to someone with even average reaction timing to its super obvious burst setups and is relegated to only punishing the most obvious of mistakes that you're not even guaranteed to be presented with. Take a competent player on any class vs warrior and you're going to have an extremely rough time finding openings to actually start your offense when you're at the mercy of their mistakes, not the warriors actual skill. You still have to chain CC people to kill them because you won't land anything otherwise, what are you on about? If you're struggling vs strength spb, then it's probably you.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Oh dear...

I can't help but lol at this horrible take from someone that couldn't handle the most telegraphed class in the game. Warriors damage was absolutely gutted and still has the requirements of always outplaying your opponent to even hope to build any momentum, let alone actually close a kill, and you think it's alright? Warrior has no way of actually doing anything to someone with even average reaction timing to its super obvious burst setups and is relegated to only punishing the most obvious of mistakes that you're not even guaranteed to be presented with. Take a competent player on any class vs warrior and you're going to have an extremely rough time finding openings to actually start your offense when you're at the mercy of their mistakes, not the warriors actual skill. You still have to chain CC people to kill them because you won't land anything otherwise, what are you on about? If you're struggling vs strength spb, then it's probably you.

warrior had to outplay ONLY the builds that were equally broken as warrior was, if you even thought of trying something without protection or toughness warrior just ran you the fuck down( I used to fuck around with wizard cmirage pre feb )and my oh my its not about being telegraphed its about everything dealing damage, legit been hit for 5200 by a dodge or 11k from gs3 ( 8s cd evade skill btw )add in constant passive healing, rampage, and access to quickness and it shat on anything that was as busted as it was.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Oh dear...

warrior had to outplay ONLY the builds that were equally broken as warrior was, if you even thought of trying something without protection or toughness warrior just ran you the kitten down( I used to kitten around with wizard cmirage pre feb )and my oh my its not about being telegraphed its about everything dealing damage, legit been hit for 5200 by a dodge or 11k from gs3 ( 8s cd evade skill btw )add in constant passive healing, rampage, and access to quickness and it kitten on anything that was as busted as it was.

Warrior has to have hard hitting skills because it can't hit consistently unless you're CC'd or standing around in melee range. Even now it's really no different. Everything deals damage except for CC and we've been forced into zerker amulet with fighter instead of demo/strength. Inconsistent damage, telegraphing, and being more or less melee only are warrior's weaknesses. A majority of my attacks won't land on a running aboutfaced opponent because of the range gap.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

never a legitimate one
the bias at design level
consciously
subconscious level

GW 2012 design ideology

It had been getting better ... until the
disastrous
february megapatch. That one immediately made everything worse than it has ever been at any point in the games history. And no, CMC isnt a good balancer, we have him to thank for delivering another deathblow with the february megapatch.

Explain why February patch was bad? Because you cant press rampage and cc someone to death? Because half the classes don't have perma 25 might? Because firebrand autos in tome don't heal for 3k? Because firebrand is no longer only viable support that would poop stability and make cc irrelevant? Because fire weaver can't stand afk with primodial stance killing someone?

There were obviously bad things in the patch but the general idea and way of changes was correct. Random things that didn't need a nerf were nerfed, certain things were forgotten and stayed strong. With each balance patch things that are OP get nerfed and then some other OP shit is found but eventually everything will be brought on the same level apart from core ele and engineer.

@Yasai.3549 said:Rev is really not an easy Profession to pick up, and high performing players on Rev have bashed their head onto the Profession for so long in order to produce the results.

Well you need to distinguish build from build.The new shiro renegade even tho hated by everyone I consider a really hard build to master, need great energy management and class knowledge.

Condi herald on the other hand is pure ape-tier and you can be a good at it after 3 matches.Power herald is a little bit harder, but still, herald traitline is huge carry, while renegade resemble more skillful gameplay imho.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Rev is really not an easy Profession to pick up, and high performing players on Rev have bashed their head onto the Profession for so long in order to produce the results.

Well you need to distinguish build from build.The new shiro renegade even tho hated by everyone I consider a really hard build to master, need great energy management and class knowledge.

Condi herald on the other hand is pure ape-tier and you can be a good at it after 3 matches.Power herald is a little bit harder, but still, herald traitline is huge carry, while renegade resemble more skillful gameplay imho.

Hardest Rev build is sword sword staff power herald. Power renegade is much easier but it's not simple.

Condi herald was much easier to play back when it was mostly a bunker but now the meta build is to actually play damage. Its still easy to do well on as bad or new played to it.

Kalla bunker renegade was the worst. Spam circles never die.

Comparing traitlines Renegade is better than Herald mostly and less skillful.

@McPero.3287 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

never a legitimate one
the bias at design level
consciously
subconscious level

GW 2012 design ideology

It had been getting better ... until the
disastrous
february megapatch. That one immediately made everything worse than it has ever been at any point in the games history. And no, CMC isnt a good balancer, we have him to thank for delivering another deathblow with the february megapatch.

Explain why February patch was bad? Because you cant press rampage and cc someone to death? Because half the classes don't have perma 25 might? Because firebrand autos in tome don't heal for 3k? Because firebrand is no longer only viable support that would poop stability and make cc irrelevant? Because fire weaver can't stand afk with primodial stance killing someone?

Because it introduced major powerdip. Its like powercreep, but the other way around and a lot worse. Now damage is so low that even glass cannons are being called "bunker" builds. 1v1s never end, you just wait to get +1d, and try to knock the enemy off the point until then. The game became a lot more unskilled, as timing and careful usage of skills doesnt matter, and youre instead encouraged to just spam everything off cooldown always. Because the has gotten so bad, that synchronised dancing became a valuable skill. So bad that the only exciting things happening in the big MOTA tournament were interupts on Rez Glyphs.

There were obviously bad things in the patch but the general idea and way of changes was correct. Random things that didn't need a nerf were nerfed, certain things were forgotten and stayed strong. With each balance patch things that are OP get nerfed and then some other OP kitten is found but eventually everything will be brought on the same level apart from core ele and engineer.

No. The general idea and the way they changed things were extremely bad. The idea was "lets make damage lower than the lowest point in the games history", as well as "lets make most CC abilitis that has damage basically useless", "lets make the game spammy and skilless" and "lets make sure that the only thing that matters for sidenoders is knockbacks". With each balance patch, they double down on all of these, making damage even lower and the game even more skillless.

@McPero.3287 said:

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

It's no secret that

Necromancer
and by a small margin
Engineer

never a legitimate one
the bias at design level
consciously
subconscious level

GW 2012 design ideology

You realise adding 5th attunement to core ele would lead to Anet having to develop 20 new skills for weapons, that attunement wouldn't have it's traitline (if 5th element is arcane, arcane traitline needs to be reworked, which would make it unplayable for weaver/tempest). What they did for other core specs were minor changes adding maybe 1 button 1 mechanic. What you are proposing here is that core ele gets a rework in size of a new elite spec. Not to mention it would actually break PvE balance potentially.

CMC can currently only change numbers as far as I am aware so he can't do what you propose even if he wanted to.

Only way to make core ele be in line with weaver, tempest is that weaver, tempest traitlines and mechanics get their numbers nerfed by quite a lot and then to compensate utility, elite, heal and weapon skills get massive buffs.

Can you seriously stop with this? I am not talking about any bias.

Most elite specs were powercrept at some point and some still are. And yes core ele together with core engineer are by far worst specs in PvP. But to say that core ele is more skillful than some of the elite specs is laughable. Yes some elite specs are just mindless spam. Core ele being bad doesn't make it skillful it's just bad.

The problem of ele becoming forced to be a healbot, has been pointed out to Anet for years, since Oct 2012 where even a famous mesmer from Team Paradigm ( can't remember his name, it started with Ta..something) pointed out to Anet during a stream with @Jonathan Sharp , how ele was too focused on healing burst to work properly.

These devs always take the easy way out of everything ....

@Obtena.7952 said:I love the absurd ideas that classes devs play don't get nerfs ... name ONE class that has never been nerfed.

The idea is that the professions played by the devs don't get nerfed nearly as much...not that they don't receive nerfs......unless you want to go and copy/paste here the comments that say some professions never get nerfed

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I love the absurd ideas that classes devs play don't get nerfs ... name ONE class that has never been nerfed.

The idea is that the professions played by the devs don't get nerfed nearly as much...

Except you have to make lots of absurd assumptions to conclude that to begin with. Devs aren't special ... they choose to play classes just like you, me, other people ... so the idea that the class that gets the most of fewest nerfs because 'devs' is just nonsense. They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else. They are likely have the same statistical spread of class playing as any other player in this game.

In fact, I would say that if there is ANY bias to class change because of Anet players (which is not verifable in the first place and therefore complete speculation), it's not the devs ... it's their directors and managers.

@Obtena.7952 said:

The idea is that the professions played by the devs don't get nerfed nearly as much...

Except you have to make lots of absurd assumptions to conclude that to begin with. Devs aren't special ... they choose to play classes just like you, me, other people ... so the idea that the class that gets the most of fewest nerfs because 'devs' is just nonsense. They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else. They are likely have the same statistical spread of class playing as any other player in this game.

We can say that once we see 3 devs playing an ele or mesmer during their streams...and not seeing 3 of them on necro..so far there have been no streams with anything but necro/warrior and guardian.....who happen to have the most build diversity across the spectrum...such coincidence

@Arheundel.6451 said:

We can say that once we see 3 devs playing an ele or mesmer during their streams...and not seeing 3 of them on necro..so far there have been no streams with anything but necro/warrior and guardian.....
who happen to have the most build diversity across the spectrum
...such coincidence

OK that don't mean nothing. Again, that's some nonsensical thinking that because you don't see a stream with class X ... devs don't play it so therefore, it's nerfville for that class. In addition, we aren't talking about build diversity ... we are talking about balance. Seems to me you're just talking to be disagreeable because you got an axe to grind.