Characters keep getting stuck

alika.7435

I have an issue with my characters getting stuck in weird places: in walls, between rocks, small spaces, etc. Leaps or shadowsteps never work, and there's never room to mount, so I have to waypoint out, teleport to friend, or exit to the character select screen. /stuck never seems to do anything.

This happens nearly every session, and it's driving me crazy. It seems to be just me--people I play with don't have this problem, and just now I just watched 5 characters walk over the same ground, and my character got stuck. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions or guesses as to what I could do to avoid this?

It happens to me too, at least once every session.I like to explore and try to get to all kinds of places, sometimes I fall or in some way get between the fire texture and the rock (Desolation map). Trying to get out same way I got in, sometimes work and sometimes I try typing /stuck. But I always get the message that "Your location has been... Use the the nearest Waypoint.."Not sure what what will do, but if I'm very close in a jumping puzzle and get stuck..? Yeah, it happened and I had to start all over. Then I start sounding like that big brother that says "Blood... Not funny!"

It depends on your connection latency. Too high of a ping or having packet loss will cause weird issues like this.

Using /stuck doesn't move you from where you are, it just sends a report to the developers that you got stuck there. If I remember correctly, it'll only teleport you back to a checkpoint in instanced content like story mode.

@alika.7435 said:I have an issue with my characters getting stuck in weird places: in walls, between rocks, small spaces, etc. Leaps or shadowsteps never work, and there's never room to mount, so I have to waypoint out, teleport to friend, or exit to the character select screen. /stuck never seems to do anything.

This happens nearly every session, and it's driving me crazy. It seems to be just me--people I play with don't have this problem, and just now I just watched 5 characters walk over the same ground, and my character got stuck. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions or guesses as to what I could do to avoid this?

Have you tried teleporting to guild hall and then back out again?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:It depends on your connection latency.

Latency is not responsible for those small/tight spaces that aren't behind textures but merely badly designed. There are a few you can get to these days with mounts, and there is no way out other than using a waypoint.

The OP clearly said they were getting stuck in places no one else was, even on open terrain..

@alika.7435 said:I have an issue with my characters getting stuck in weird places: in walls, between rocks, small spaces, etc. Leaps or shadowsteps never work, and there's never room to mount, so I have to waypoint out, teleport to friend, or exit to the character select screen. /stuck never seems to do anything.

How and where are you getting stuck? I often get stuck sometimes when I try to mount. I kind of sometimes have to unmount to fix it, or just waypoint and try to find higher ground to mount/make sure i'm not on a slope. It happens to me more when I'm lagging.Your best bet is to report this bug every time it happens and wait for Anet to fix it. Connection issues also can cause this.

There are a couple of open terrain holes I have fallen into/jumped down into (not sure why, I think I was trying to get somewhere and fell) and I haven't been able to get out of so had to wp. And at least some of these are in central Tyria. You can't fly/springer out of them because you get told there is no space to mount. I'm pretty sure at least one of them I down into. So you can get a mount to place you there (and I didn't use the wings option to dismount so the mount landed there) but you can't summon a mount to get you out of the place that your mount landed you in.

At the very least, if a mount can land inside you should be able to mount inside as well.