[FEEDBACKS] ArenaNet has given up on MAC OS customers

@"Touchme.1097" said:Dear ArenaNet, please consider writing an official guide on how to allow MAC users to play GW2 in order to give players at least the chance to enjoy the game they paid for. Nobody is going to refund me my 80 Euros I have spent for the ultimate bundle 4 months ago and I don't think it's reasonable that someone has to spend all that money to see the game client sink all of a sudden.It took me 3 seconds in google...https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201468

After install GW2 and play happily ever after. I don't think is Anet position to teach you how to use your computer.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Touchme.1097" said:Dear ArenaNet, please consider writing an official guide on how to allow MAC users to play GW2 in order to give players at least the chance to enjoy the game they paid for. Nobody is going to refund me my 80 Euros I have spent for the ultimate bundle 4 months ago and I don't think it's reasonable that someone has to spend all that money to see the game client sink all of a sudden.It took me 3 seconds in google...

After install GW2 and play happily ever after. I don't think is Anet position to teach you how to use your computer.

True, it's kind of weird that people feel the need to blame and ask anet for these things instead of apple.

• Confused 1

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:so it is anet's fault that APPLE gave up on an industry standard (opengl) and decided to introduce a homebrewn cpu (to make more money and don't have to share with others)? Get a grib on reality.

Apple sells overprized low quality junk. If you bought it, ask yourself about the wisdom of your decision.

Macbook Air M1 would like to have a word with you.

it can talk to my hand. The hand pushing it back into the dumpster fire where it belongs. Apple is a great marketing machine, but their products aren't even half as good as they try to tell people.

I'd be curious if you have ever taken the time to use Mac and get to know it, or if this is simply your opinion formed without having used a Mac in the last decade or so.

a) I have used an apple workstation at work back in the days. Yes, it was running macos. Yes it was pretty. It was expensive. It was less capable than my home desktop and I ran into a lot of quirks that would have been easy to solve on a linux box.

b) I really recommend Apple fanbois to search for Rossman's repair videos on youtube. Macbooks are are really badly designed. Pretty one the outside, cheap on the inside.

@Touchme.1097 said:OpenGL is being deprecated by Apple because it's not an efficient tool to use the hardware at its full potential, it will soon be deprecated on all platforms. What is ArenaNet doing about it? You can't live forever on a thin line and false hopes that OpenGL will last forever. Good luck with that. Game development was never meant to be an easy job.

good thing than that ANET did not make use of OpenGL on windows.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:so it is anet's fault that APPLE gave up on an industry standard (opengl) and decided to introduce a homebrewn cpu (to make more money and don't have to share with others)? Get a grib on reality.

Apple sells overprized low quality junk. If you bought it, ask yourself about the wisdom of your decision.

Macbook Air M1 would like to have a word with you.

it can talk to my hand. The hand pushing it back into the dumpster fire where it belongs. Apple is a great marketing machine, but their products aren't even half as good as they try to tell people.

I'd be curious if you have ever taken the time to use Mac and get to know it, or if this is simply your opinion formed without having used a Mac in the last decade or so.

b) I really recommend Apple fanbois to search for Rossman's repair videos on youtube. Macbooks are are really badly designed. Pretty one the outside, cheap on the inside.

The video about the liquid metal was super funny thou...

Please don't start getting into the Apple vs everything else argument on my thread. I have had Windows for years in the past and I have had very bad problems with it, from viruses caught on secure websites, to black screens of death, OS crashing, data loss and those annoying windows update familiar to everyone