Nerfs the ranger class as a whole needs, please Anet.

anduriell.6280

I'd like to share what needs to be nerfed and some way to buff other area so that nerf is not impacting the class as a whole.

• Greatsword is over performing in sPvP mode. The block is too long making this weapon clearly too forgiving for the class. I would reduce the block time to 1.5s seconds leaving in 3s for WvW. Reducing the block will not be enough thou, because the other weapon combinations don't bring enough utility. Axe#4 needs a wide corridor area of effect, Dagger#5 needs a teleport to target when hit.
  • Ancient Seeds is an extremely passive trait which brings too much immob in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to.
  • Multipliers on Soulbeast are too many. It still can make absurd numbers like 10k mauls (against glass targets). Remove the 7% from fury as that is basically a constant extra damage, replace that minor with GM Oppressive Superiority which will make the Soulbeast to have less multipliers. It will also make the multiplier less consistent as it will apply depending on the enemy hp related to the ranger. I don't see Skills like Sic'em as an issue as those work the same as other classes have to increase burst for short time.
  • Druid has access to too many stealth sources. Druid having access to smokescale F2 (lunar impact, warhorn, sword, Greatsword can apply stealth from there) + Celestial Shadows + Runes of the trapper makes too many sources of stealth which can be constantly applied during the battle. This will scale in the future if newer pets get additional combo fields or effects the druid may interact with. Remove access to pets F2, as such druid does does not have access to secondary effects from the pets.
  • Axe main hand is overperforming in all PvP modes, that single weapon can carry tank builds with little investment. Axe a ranged weapon (900 range) does too much damage being able to hit for 4-5K with the autos. Splitblade can be a one shot skill if you hit with the 5 blades (2.5K each * 5 times ), Winters Bite can still deal more than a Maul with the additional range, no visual cue and the effects of weakness and freezing. The main culprit is the might from the auto attack which can build very fast with the bouncing attack. Remove might from the auto attack, that will bring the numbers down still allowing the ranger to build a burst with different skills/traits. Winters bite could benefit from an slower projectile and a more clear visual cue like a bigger projectile or an snow trail. Honed axes should increase Expertise ( 150 + 150 ) when equipped instead to empower the hybrid nature of the weapon.
  • Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode. It does bring more damage and utility than skirmish and marksmanship with the extra stats, extra damage when at full hp and the extra movement speed increasing at the same time the tankiness of the soulbeast. Additional Stats and movement speed should be removed from the traitline and applied as baseline for all the pets. If the movement speed for the soulbeast is important can be applied as secondary effect in Essence of speed or as minor to the Soulbeast traitline.

I don't see argument why it should be nerfed. Overpeforming is main concept of any mmo game. So if you see ranger - runm and don't try fight !Or if it so powerful take ranger and kil others .. May be you be luck and get, becasue for me it look uselss class at curent balance.

Hmm given that ranger is one of the weakest if not the weakest profession in top tier sPvP right now. I would disagree with most of this. Greatsword for example, has been overnerfed - and imo is too weak to see true competitive use. Yeah, yeah. I know. There is not really a competitive scene. But balancing for anything other than top tier just means that ranger will stay underpowered.

Things that really need to be changed:

Lower some GS CDs a little. They're too high right now.

Nerf sustain on Wilderness Survival (and sustain across the board for other professions). This is the main problem with ranger being too powerful. It is not that Soulbeast has too many damage modifiers now. If you run soulbeast dps without WS you are just as glass as you deserve to be for the damage you do.

Nerf Jacaranda immob or damage.

Axe if fine. There are no "good" ranger tank builds. Many other things side node better than ranger. The era of side node tank ranger is gone and will stay gone for quite some time imo.

Druid is trash and needs all the help it can get. As long as it doesn't have stab, it will forever be a build for memes and nothing truly good.

Nerf Trap runes.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Hmm given that ranger is one of the weakest if not the weakest profession in top tier sPvP right now. I would disagree with most of this. Greatsword for example, has been overnerfed - and imo is too weak to see true competitive use. Yeah, yeah. I know. There is not really a competitive scene. But balancing for anything other than top tier just means that ranger will stay underpowered.

Things that really need to be changed:

Lower some GS CDs a little. They're too high right now.

Nerf sustain on Wilderness Survival (and sustain across the board for other professions). This is the main problem with ranger being too powerful. It is not that Soulbeast has too many damage modifiers now. If you run soulbeast dps without WS you are just as glass as you deserve to be for the damage you do.

Nerf Jacaranda immob or damage.

Axe if fine. There are no "good" ranger tank builds. Many other things side node better than ranger. The era of side node tank ranger is gone and will stay gone for quite some time imo.

Druid is trash and needs all the help it can get. As long as it doesn't have stab, it will forever be a build for memes and nothing truly good.

Nerf Trap runes.

They literally already buried all form of sustain on ranger :

1) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rugged_Growth - nerfed to the ground, virtually useless in all game modes, you can remove it and it would make no difference

2)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windborne_Notes - same as above......not worth even slotting it, even with extremel levels of healing power

3) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resounding_Timbre - the only form of selfsustain left on ranger....already hardcore nerfed in PvP...it's basically the only thing left which allows rangers to play anything but a +1-shot meme build from the shadows and from 1500 range distance, sure I understand that's all some people want to play on ranger but...what about the rest of us?

Before you could play bunker ranger....nerfed out of existence; druid bunker....nerfed out of existence replaced by a meme immobilize gold rank build; boonbeast...yeah was a tap OP and was rightly nerfed....ofc it was overnerfed though with the soulbeast "drawbacks" and 80% nerf on Moa Stance....now what is left for this class?

The only prominent role left is roamer in WvW that's the only part of the game where ranger could be considered meta...so I am asking @Eurantien.4632 ...what sustain you want to nerf on this class?

What has all this nerfing done for GW2?

-Reduced PvP population-Increased queue times as a consequence of the limited population-More bots in game

You tell me @Eurantien.4632 ...how more nerfing would improve this game at this point

Maybe you really mean it. Maybe you think about this with the best intentions.I used to defend some nerfs because I believed in this idea that there would be adjustments / reworks. I probably was the only one defending some druid nerfs like a year ago. Well that’s not going to happen anymore.Anytime the ranger is considered “good” that’s already too much. Since February I have been saying that the only benefit of a ranger is pushing. Nothing has changed.

Axe 4 : I remember when ranger did not need to target the area. It was terrible in short range but was great for medium range and you could pull people off platforms, now it is the complete opposite. This buff could be good but I would be more in favor of giving it some damage back and make it scale depending on the range. It is hard to hit with it for a low effect.

Dagger 5 : I think it is fine as it is.

Greatsword : No, no and no. It gives the exact same thing as other professions kit with main / off hand weapons. But yes other weapons are not that great. I loved when sword / axe was a combo with a fast dodge (with a smaller amount than now) and more damage. I was playing it instead of gs.

Multipliers on soulbeast : I would even argue the opposite. Core ranger damage is laughable. You are going all in with your pet. You need a glass pet. And then it dies. A lot. And fast. If you want to benefit from those multipliers on slb you are vulnerable to “sticky” professions. Even with those modifiers some of the meta builds have a lot of counter options. What am I supposed to make out of those 10k mauls you mentioned? I’ve been getting 11k dj on deadeye when conditions are met (enemy under 50%hp, full might), yet people do not complain about it because the builds have vulnerabilities. If you nerf slb you need to buff core, but then people are going to complain on the forums and nerf it again.

Beastmastery : and it brings a lot to core ranger too. This is more like a mandatory option because the rest of ranger kit is not that great. (see point above)

Axe mainhand : What your are describing looks more like numbers with damaging stats. Axe is a bit weird for me. It looks like a weapon for teamfight, yet ranger isn’t. It looks like it is ranged, yet it does not have a great range pressure / defense. It is both good and bad at the same time. I do not think those nerfs are needed. Axe 3 is already a slow projectile and something you can notice (but loaded with a lot). Maybe add a color during the cast because it can be harder to notice in close combat.

Druid stealth : annoying? Yes. Good? Not really. To be honest I do not know if this is an issue that needs to be solved. I do not like it, but that’s the least of my problem with the spec. I am still waiting for other changes (hint : terrible support with CA, inexistent without CA).

Ancient seeds: probably the only thing I agree with.

@"Supreme.3164"

I said nerf sustain on Wilderness Survival.What that means is running a build without wilderness survival inherently has little sustain. You could take windborne notes and/or resounding timber, yet running NM and BM to get those traits + another line that isn't WS would make your build inherently low in sustain. You would have poor healing, weak access to condi clear, and would likely have a hard time dealing with burst damage.

You could take healing spring or bear stance to bolster your condi clear without running WS but using your heal to negate condition damage leaves you insanely vulnerable at other times. I would define a build such as that to be inherently low in sustain.

When I say nerf WS i mean what I have said since the beginning. Rugged Growth should never have existed. We need condition clears in other lines.

WS provides ranger with protection on dodge - very strong. That protection heals more than regen - even with the nerf (and low healing power). It also provides ranger with some of its only condition clears and CD reduction on ranger's (arguably) best heal and stunbreaks.

People complain about Ranger DPS and whatnot, but the problem really isn't that ranger does too much damage when it is glass in return (that's a good thing), it is that ranger can still do really solid damage numbers while running a line that carries ranger on its own, WS.

I think the game would benefit from super strong lines like WS being nerfed across all professions - where instead of having "do it all" skills and builds you have to build in moments of weakness.

Builds that run 3 lines without WS have inherent weaknesses. Especially if you run 3 dps traitlines. You have little condi clear and clear windows where you have nothing available. And that is how I believe the game should be played.

What ranger truly needs is to be free from the pigeon-hole that is WS. It has always been there, some nerfs to the line and some love to some other lines/utilities to provide ranger with some more condi clear options besides our heal skills and ranger would be in a much healthier spot.

As an aside,Bunker ranger in sPvP works just fine and is quite strong. Unfortunately, it is that it is currently overshadowed by things much stronger, such as Kalla Renegade.There are also other ranger builds that work decently well... that being said it is by no means anywhere close to optimal for sPvP - other professions are simply better.

Again, even though WS is the root of ranger's problems and the sustain it offers needs to be shaved, it cannot be done until condi clear appears somewhere else for ranger and/or other professions are nerfed as well.

I must say, these topics always make me laugh. It's like, we get you hate druid (and ancient seeds in particular), but these 'fixes'....wow.

For instance, you ever tried getting into a smokescale field in the middle of battle? I'm guessing 'no' if you think that's a reliable stealth mechanism...which also requires you to sacrifice a pet slot and one of your leaps (which are defensive manuvers btw, so once used you're up a creek).

But that's not the funny part, the funny part is the fix...get rid of F2 for druid. Based on ONE F2 skill, and the literal only smoke field given by a pet. You have a deadeye avatar do you not...stealth is your game. Which is actually why I think you hate druid as we counter thief pretty well.

Also this 'Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode'; yeah, the traitline that is made to synergize with the pet mechanic, which as SB is...surprise, you. Trust me, if they revoked all the nerfs to pets over the years you'd write a novel. Anyone that has been around long enough to remember when jaguars could hit huge numbers from their stealth F2 without any leashing range will know what I'm talking about. You don't want pets to be able to hit you, or druid in particular is going to become your worst nightmare as it can still petswap--so when you aren't immobilized, the pet is latched onto you.

I mean, I'd love it. I'd love if they'd restore the pet stats without me having to take beastmastery, as atm my build is gimped without taking it. Since that's a straight up buff, they're never going to do it.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Rangers are so easily dabbed on these days.

There are way more problematic things in the game.

The only thing which I find reasonable is
Ancient Seeds nerf, the rest is just trivial.

This.

The other changes would remove the remaining viability of the class in a world of DH Scrapper Holo Weavers Deadeye etc etc

Being the least successful class in sPvP doesn't mean this aspects aren't overpowered also i have open many other threads asking for buffs/reworks/fixes as i see them...

There is no point to post always the same content, if Anet reads the forums they already have my input.

Ranger needs to be nerfed.

Nerf range of all projectilesWhy can they shoot further than most? Aren't they supposed to stay in the bushes tending to Rover and Snowball?

Too much evadesIt's absolutely imperative that they stay put where they are so people can actually hit them. Either reduce the evades frames, or put a cooldown on how many evade skills they can put in a row.

Ancient seedsRemove this grandmaster trait. It's annoying. Everybody thinks it is. So just nerf it. Everytime someone cries, ANET must dutifully obey. Everytime someone opens a topic, ANET must obey. It's annoying, FFS. Remember the 10,000 nerfs we forced you to do on Ranger? You forgot this one. Obey.

Remove all forms of stealth on RangerAre they magic class like Mesmer? No.Are they hiding class like Thief? No.Are they intelligent gadget creators like Engineer? No.

So why should a class which is portrayed as covering their crotch and chest with leaves and live happily in the trees need stealth?

Just nerf everything about RangerYou've listened to all the demands and shoved it up without ever saying no. Why not just get this over with.

@shirushi.3856 said:Ranger needs to be nerfed.

Nerf range of all projectilesWhy can they shoot further than most? Aren't they supposed to stay in the bushes tending to Rover and Snowball?

Too much evadesIt's absolutely imperative that they stay put where they are so people can actually hit them. Either reduce the evades frames, or put a cooldown on how many evade skills they can put in a row.

Ancient seedsRemove this grandmaster trait. It's annoying. Everybody thinks it is. So just nerf it. Everytime someone cries, ANET must dutifully obey. Everytime someone opens a topic, ANET must obey. It's annoying, kitten. Remember the 10,000 nerfs we forced you to do on Ranger? You forgot this one. Obey.

Remove all forms of stealth on RangerAre they magic class like Mesmer? No.Are they hiding class like Thief? No.Are they intelligent gadget creators like Engineer? No.

So why should a class which is portrayed as covering their crotch and chest with leaves and live happily in the trees need stealth?

Just nerf everything about RangerYou've listened to all the demands and shoved it up without ever saying no. Why not just get this over with.

And don't forget to remove all weapons and pets, rangers should only use their hands, like power rangers do.

@anduriell.6280 said:I'd like to share what needs to be nerfed and some way to buff other area so that nerf is not impacting the class as a whole.

• Greatsword is over performing in sPvP mode. The block is too long making this weapon clearly too forgiving for the class. I would reduce the block time to 1.5s seconds leaving in 3s for WvW. Reducing the block will not be enough thou, because the other weapon combinations don't bring enough utility. Axe#4 needs a wide corridor area of effect, Dagger#5 needs a teleport to target when hit.
  • Ancient Seeds is an extremely passive trait which brings too much immob in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to.
  • Multipliers on Soulbeast are too many. It still can make absurd numbers like 10k mauls (against glass targets). Remove the 7% from fury as that is basically a constant extra damage, replace that minor with GM Oppressive Superiority which will make the Soulbeast to have less multipliers. It will also make the multiplier less consistent as it will apply depending on the enemy hp related to the ranger. I don't see Skills like Sic'em as an issue as those work the same as other classes have to increase burst for short time.
  • Druid has access to too many stealth sources. Druid having access to smokescale F2 (lunar impact, warhorn, sword, Greatsword can apply stealth from there) + Celestial Shadows + Runes of the trapper makes too many sources of stealth which can be constantly applied during the battle. This will scale in the future if newer pets get additional combo fields or effects the druid may interact with. Remove access to pets F2, as such druid does does not have access to secondary effects from the pets.
  • Axe main hand is overperforming in all PvP modes, that single weapon can carry tank builds with little investment. Axe a ranged weapon (900 range) does too much damage being able to hit for 4-5K with the autos. Splitblade can be a one shot skill if you hit with the 5 blades (2.5K each * 5 times ), Winters Bite can still deal more than a Maul with the additional range, no visual cue and the effects of weakness and freezing. The main culprit is the might from the auto attack which can build very fast with the bouncing attack. Remove might from the auto attack, that will bring the numbers down still allowing the ranger to build a burst with different skills/traits. Winters bite could benefit from an slower projectile and a more clear visual cue like a bigger projectile or an snow trail. Honed axes should increase Expertise ( 150 + 150 ) when equipped instead to empower the hybrid nature of the weapon.
  • Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode. It does bring more damage and utility than skirmish and marksmanship with the extra stats, extra damage when at full hp and the extra movement speed increasing at the same time the tankiness of the soulbeast. Additional Stats and movement speed should be removed from the traitline and applied as baseline for all the pets. If the movement speed for the soulbeast is important can be applied as secondary effect in Essence of speed or as minor to the Soulbeast traitline.

how about we nerf the ranger and delete the thief class.

• 2 weeks later...

@XerMeLL.6042 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:I'd like to share what needs to be nerfed and some way to buff other area so that nerf is not impacting the class as a whole.
  • Greatsword is over performing in sPvP mode
    . The block is too long making this weapon clearly too forgiving for the class.
    I would reduce the block time to 1.5s seconds
    leaving in 3s for WvW. Reducing the block will not be enough thou, because the other weapon combinations don't bring enough utility.
    Axe#4 needs a wide corridor area of effect, Dagger#5 needs a teleport to target when hit
  • Ancient Seeds is an extremely passive trait which brings too much immob
    in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to.
  • Multipliers on Soulbeast are too many
    . It still can make absurd numbers like 10k mauls (against glass targets). Remove the 7% from fury as that is basically a constant extra damage, replace that minor with GM Oppressive Superiority which will make the Soulbeast to have less multipliers. It will also make the multiplier less consistent as it will apply depending on the enemy hp related to the ranger. I don't see Skills like Sic'em as an issue as those work the same as other classes have to increase burst for short time.
  • Druid has access to too many stealth sources
    . Druid having access to smokescale F2 (lunar impact, warhorn, sword, Greatsword can apply stealth from there) + Celestial Shadows + Runes of the trapper makes too many sources of stealth which can be constantly applied during the battle. This will scale in the future if newer pets get additional combo fields or effects the druid may interact with. Remove access to pets F2, as such druid does does not have access to secondary effects from the pets.
  • Axe main hand is overperforming in all PvP modes, that single weapon can carry tank builds with little investment
    . Axe a ranged weapon (900 range) does too much damage being able to hit for 4-5K with the autos. Splitblade can be a one shot skill if you hit with the 5 blades (2.5K each * 5 times ), Winters Bite can still deal more than a Maul with the additional range, no visual cue and the effects of weakness and freezing. The main culprit is the might from the auto attack which can build very fast with the bouncing attack. Remove might from the auto attack, that will bring the numbers down still allowing the ranger to build a burst with different skills/traits. Winters bite could benefit from an slower projectile and a more clear visual cue like a bigger projectile or an snow trail.
    Honed axes should increase Expertise
    ( 150 + 150 ) when equipped instead to empower the hybrid nature of the weapon.
  • Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode
    . It does bring more damage and utility than skirmish and marksmanship with the extra stats, extra damage when at full hp and the extra movement speed increasing at the same time the tankiness of the soulbeast. Additional Stats and movement speed should be removed from the traitline and applied as baseline for all the pets. If the movement speed for the soulbeast is important can be applied as secondary effect in Essence of speed or as minor to the Soulbeast traitline.

He plays necro now so.....he'll ask for nerfs on anything that soft couter his new main....so if you're a thief or ranger get ready to be bombarded with nerf threads by @anduriell.6280 .

@XerMeLL.6042 said:

leaving in 3s for WvW. Reducing the block will not be enough thou, because the other weapon combinations don't bring enough utility.
    Axe#4 needs a wide corridor area of effect, Dagger#5 needs a teleport to target when hit
    in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to.
    . It still can make absurd numbers like 10k mauls (against glass targets). Remove the 7% from fury as that is basically a constant extra damage, replace that minor with GM Oppressive Superiority which will make the Soulbeast to have less multipliers. It will also make the multiplier less consistent as it will apply depending on the enemy hp related to the ranger. I don't see Skills like Sic'em as an issue as those work the same as other classes have to increase burst for short time.
    . Druid having access to smokescale F2 (lunar impact, warhorn, sword, Greatsword can apply stealth from there) + Celestial Shadows + Runes of the trapper makes too many sources of stealth which can be constantly applied during the battle. This will scale in the future if newer pets get additional combo fields or effects the druid may interact with. Remove access to pets F2, as such druid does does not have access to secondary effects from the pets.
  • Axe main hand is overperforming in all PvP modes, that single weapon can carry tank builds with little investment
    . Axe a ranged weapon (900 range) does too much damage being able to hit for 4-5K with the autos. Splitblade can be a one shot skill if you hit with the 5 blades (2.5K each * 5 times ), Winters Bite can still deal more than a Maul with the additional range, no visual cue and the effects of weakness and freezing. The main culprit is the might from the auto attack which can build very fast with the bouncing attack. Remove might from the auto attack, that will bring the numbers down still allowing the ranger to build a burst with different skills/traits. Winters bite could benefit from an slower projectile and a more clear visual cue like a bigger projectile or an snow trail.
    . It does bring more damage and utility than skirmish and marksmanship with the extra stats, extra damage when at full hp and the extra movement speed increasing at the same time the tankiness of the soulbeast. Additional Stats and movement speed should be removed from the traitline and applied as baseline for all the pets. If the movement speed for the soulbeast is important can be applied as secondary effect in Essence of speed or as minor to the Soulbeast traitline.

ArenaNet would have to return every gold coins, every bit of money in the real life and every gems to those who play the Thief profession if they deleted it from the game. What a joke.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

He plays necro now so.....he'll ask for nerfs on anything that soft couter his new main....so if you're
a thief or ranger
get ready to be bombarded with nerf threads by @anduriell.6280 .

lol Oh dear.

You know what? Ranger Longbow range is just too much, it should be the AT LEAST the max range as the other class that I play so that I can hit them, even though it’s a RANGEr and has traits that specifically reward you for playing the class as such. Nerf it.Condi Cleanse and sustain being entirely reliant on one skill line is still OP. (Not having it is just a massive pigeonhole) Thieves should easily be able to 1v1 this class, as they should naturally have the best mobility in the game AND should win 1v1s.Great sword is another HUGE problem. Even though it serves primarily as a defensive weapon w 1 burst skill that is telegraphed to space before it hits, those cool downs should be way more! As a thief I should see a ranger switch to GS and I should only have to actually worry about one block skill on a long CD. Past that I should be able to spam D/P 3 or 5 and auto attack. Anything less than that, Ranger must be over performing!

What a joke. I’ve seen actual thief players (not those that switch to get an easier matchup) destroy the telegraphed moves of ranger. Don’t get me wrong, ranger matches up pretty well against a thief, but these issues that are brought up here are laughable. This is a L2P issue entirely.

Main hand axe always felt to me like it was supposed to be a hybrid weapon, but never quite got there due to the autoattack not inflicting any condi damage and only doing power damage + might. I would like to see main hand axe auto changed to have an attack chain like nerco’s sceptre. First hit gain might, second attack inflict bleed, third attack inflict bleed, gain might. I’d also like to see honed axes changed to provide 60 power and condi damage / 120 power and condi if using an axe instead of ferocity to fit the hybrid style a bit better.