The problem with stats runes and sigils bound to equipment

I do see the reason for wanting this. It can be a pain to get gear sometimes. It will totally negate legendary armor and weapons if they did this. This is the prime reason I did legendary was to be able to experiment. I do feel however, that if you want to try out a build, I think they need to make upgrade extractors as easily available as infusion extractors. At least this way you can try different runes without ruining your existing. Honestly I never spend a ton of money gearing out a new build. I get plenty of armor chests through fractals and trinkets are so easy to get without spending gold. The expensive part is infusions, runes, sigils usually.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Except for high level fractals all the experimenting can be done with exotics and the only reason high level fractals can't be done is because of AR. Making AR an account bound thing would solve that problem as well. If this is for fractals you don't really need to craft that much anyway.Or we can just accept that the hardest 5 man content in the game is not an appropriate place for testing. We can leverage existing easier content that doesnt require max AR to test in exotic gear (t1-2 fractals, explorable dungeons, full CM DRMs) and get a proper idea.Making AR account bound brings with it some issues that would likely cause some real pain to those players regularly playing t4's.

If people can accept reality then this thread wouldn't exist.

The ability to do what OP wants already exist in game. It requires a certain amount of effort to achieve.The options are pretty simple.1) do it2) don't do it3) complain about the amount of effort

3) shouldn't even be an option but here we are

It's actually the end game in gw2 if you are not into fashion. There is not much else there to spend your gold on.And it is really only an issue with higher tier fractals and testing specific encounters there. Everywhere else you can and should test with exotics which are a non issue.Runes can be a bit expensive. What I do is not use the BIS rune if its just for testing or some fun because there is usualy a much cheaper alternative which is not far off.I wouldnt mind a more accesible rune extractor, could only work on ascended. I just salvage exotics with BL kit to get the expensive runes.

It is really not unusual for a rpg to link stats to equipment which is usualy much harder to get.