Connection issues (AH, Wiki, Chat) on EU

Hello,i am not sure if i am only one but i keep experiencing problems with loading chats, AH, guild list, gw2 wiki, pvp stats. It is especially bad upon first login into game. It took 3 min for my messages to appear in chat and reach other players. Strangely enough private chat works without problems. AH either takes really long or doesn't load at all. I keep getting window with 42:0:9001:4457:101 error. I have otherwise no problem playing game and have 30 ms according the options menu. Anyone have any idea what to do? Worst case so far was that i wasn't sure weither i already spend gems or not and got dishonored for clicking join queue repeatedly but getting no response from pvp window.

Guys, there is some weird magic around this game, and I am definitely sure it's neither unbound nor volatile...today I have been crashing a lot with many different errors which actually kept kicking me off of my internet connection. The same has been happening to me upon visiting the website/forums, although for now it seems to be stable (yet). I don't know whether it's been due to the recent updates or what, but everytime they add something, a new update or a patch, the connectivity gets worse...

I have problems with the wiki. (Ingame TP works fine though. But I do not use it that much.) Started a few days ago I think. And it isn't all the time but mainly in the evening (EU time zone). My guess is that it is that a lot of people are accessing it. (Big load on the server.)

Soon christmas and people having vaction (+ covid lockdowns) ... might increase the amount of people playing GW2 (+ using the Wiki for information).

Not getting a timeout (I think I have the settings very high in the browser) ... but it just stops loading with a blank page or the images do not load or take much longer to load. Then I can refresh (F5) and try again. Eventually it will work. But it takes some time. Especially If I quickly want to access a few different pages.

Could also be the routing from my provider to servers ... if a lof of people are using the internet at this time. I'm glad I do not have problems ingame. I remember back then at release 2012/13 this was a big issue. Even though my ISP (Deutsche Telekom) is considered more expensive + better quality other people from my country (Germany) did not have problems but with my provider there had been routing issues at prime time for the game servers back then.

(Other websites I use work fine though. Can only be the routing for this route - or server side ... too much load.)

Same for me since a few weeks. Ping is fine (average 40-50ms), skills and movement are working fine. Chat is completely laggy, that means it takes me over a minute to see a message i just typed in chat. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all. Squad display disappears without me leaving the squad and reappears after a view minutes. Tradingpost and GEM STORE have delay too, if they load at all. The official wiki is taking ages to load... Error 42 messages every few minutes(1-5). Already send a bug report ingame.It's just really annoying when you can't communicate at all within the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, on my alt account that has no xpac i don't get 42:0:9001:4457:101 error messages. On this account that has both xpac i literary can't play the first few minutes because i get spammed by the error message. I tried VPN, it didn't help.

My assumption at this point is that login servers are located on some AWS machine and it is just overloaded so much that some of us just can't play anymore. It is especially noticeable in the evening. After 8 pm i can basically only kill monsters in open world and that is. There are better games for such kind of activity :/

@Cynz.9437 said:My assumption at this point is that login servers are located on some AWS machine and it is just overloaded so much that some of us just can't play anymore.Arenanet put the game on Amazon Web Servers around the launch of PoF (as far as I'm aware).According to them, it was for the better of the game.Yet, the server problems keep happening constantly.

@Cynz.9437 said:Also, on my alt account that has no xpac i don't get 42:0:9001:4457:101 error messages. On this account that has both xpac i literary can't play the first few minutes because i get spammed by the error message. I tried VPN, it didn't help.

When you create an account, it's assigned to a region based on the key used (or IP for free accounts). This region is unrelated to the server you've chosen to play on, can't be changed and determines which region you login through. You can check your account's region under account.arena.net on the overview under personal information.

If you're EU and the account having problems is NA while the other is EU, your problem is simply that you have an unstable connection to NA.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:Also, on my alt account that has no xpac i don't get 42:0:9001:4457:101 error messages. On this account that has both xpac i literary can't play the first few minutes because i get spammed by the error message. I tried VPN, it didn't help.

When you create an account, it's assigned to a region based on the key used (or IP for free accounts). This region is unrelated to the server you've chosen to play on, can't be changed and determines which region you login through. You can check your account's region under account.arena.net on the overview under personal information.

If you're EU and the account having problems is NA while the other is EU, your problem is simply that you have an unstable connection to NA.

Why do i have issues loading gw2 wiki then?

@Healix.5819 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:Why do i have issues loading gw2 wiki then?

The wiki is hosted on the NA servers. For comparison, guildwars2.com is hosted on both NA and EU, and these forums are through a 3rd party on completely different servers.

Ok, i guess that would explain the issue. Thank you for info.You said, region can't be changed. Is it final? Or can support change it? Do you know anything about it?